It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCRANTON RUNS OUT OF MONEY, Cuts All City Salaries To Minimum Wage!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Scranton, Pennsylvania's, the state's sixth-most-populous city has run out of money and down to it's last $5,000.
The mayor wants an immediate tax hike of 29% and 78% over three years. I think Scranton is done.
Is this the start of things to come? Are we going to start seeing these smaller cities die off like a domino effect?
This is very scary for me as I live in one of those smaller cities that could quit easily fall to the same fate.

I feel as though at the end of all this we will be left with 3 choices for everything. 3 department stores to shop from, 3 banks to use, 3 companies to work for, 3 cars to choose from and thats it. The future if certain corporate fascist in power have their way that is exactly what we will have. Walmarts and McDonald on every corner around the globe.
www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
just another symptom of the illusion of our economy. corruption in banks, corporations and our elected officials have driven us into a hole that no amount of printing can get us out of. i think we will see this as just the beginning my friend.

Harrisburg almost filed for bankruptcy but the governor stopped that. i dont think he can keep this pig from bleeding out for much longer though.
edit on 10-7-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

When I read these things, my first thought is always: "So where did the jobs, the manufacturing, go?".
Well, truth be known, when I think of Scranton, I always think of 30,000 lbs of bananas...but I digress...

Follow the money, and you can fix the blame.

edit on 10-7-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because...ok?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Harrisburg almost filed for bankruptcy but the governor stopped that. i dont think he can keep this pig from bleeding out for much longer though.

Harrisburg is mentioned in the article as a comparsion in filing for bankruptcy.

Unfortunately, City of Harrisburg chapter 9 bankruptcy dismissed The US Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania has dismissed the bankruptcy petition filed on behalf of the City of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, finding that the city failed to meet eligibility requirements under the Bankruptcy Code to be a chapter 9 debtor. The dismissal of Harrisburg’s petition, in November 2011, highlights the US constitutional considerations in municipal bankruptcy cases and the Bankruptcy Code’s strict requirement for a municipality to have express state authorization to become a chapter 9 debtor. Read more: globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com... ishsGlobalEconomicTrendAnalysis+%28Mish%27s+Global+Economic+Trend+Analysis%29&utm_content=Google+Reader#ixzz20E07gOgk

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i live in stockton, calif, where we have already gone bankrupt...our city is now in the process of selling off assets that were bought with taxpayer money for dirt cheap to private corporations and companies.
being the cynic that i am, i almost believe that this was done on purpose, having "we the people" pay the full price, while the (wealthy, corporate) "JOB CREATORS"
swoop in and snatch up assets for next to nothing....it was said by someone recently that southern slave masters during the early parts of america were the best "job creators" around and had the lowest unemployment in history.
cna't wait to see all of those "jobs" created by romney...maybe it's time for a little marie antionette justice.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
existing thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Good.Americans deserve it.They are funding the murderous al qaeda terrorists and are responsible for tens to hundreds of millions of deaths. American warmongers are going to get the karmic retribution.

edit on 10-7-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
add to existing thread : here

top topics

join