It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What possible use is the Higgs Boson??? And who cares?? Not me.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Dear john_bmth,

How about you post your sources so we can see how you got such a distorted understanding? The Higgs Boson has nothing to do with god whatsoever. It was supposed to be called the "goddamn particle" due to its elusive nature but this got edited down to the more savoury "god particle". It has nothing to do with supporting the existance of a god or gods in any shape or form. There is no mention of a creator or anything of the sort.

I am sorry you cannot understand what I said. I did not say the particle proved God. Go back and read what I did say. It is "elusive" because it was an attempt to prove that God does not exist, it is attempt to prove the impossible occurs because physicality requires the supernatural. Do you wish to discuss alternate universes, try this, heaven and hell are alternate universes. If you wish to prove otherwise, explain what it is supposed to do and it's meaning. You made no effort at either. If you wish a source to explain it because you cannot, there are many youtube videos attempting to explain it. Please show me where my explanation is different. Personally, I prefer Michio Kaku, the man that created string theory. Rather than attack me, use science and correct me. Discuss the essence of the theory and show me where I have misstated it.

Discuss the issues rather than pontificate on the meaning first. We can discuss the meaning afterwards.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
Nice you don't care. But guess what... you're just 1 of 7 billion people standing on a pale blue dot floating in space.

And you have the right to ignorance.

yeh and probably 6.9 out of that 7 billion don't give a # about the higgs boson

And that's why the world is controlled by selected and well informed few, and not by the dumbed down masses.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yeah!
Who cares that e=mc squared?
edit on 7/7/2012 by drakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Again, it has nothing to do with god or proving the existence of god or gods. Such entities do not even come into the equation. What is your source you are using that is giving you such an idea?

Also, Michio Kaku did not create string theory, he contributed to it (along with numerous other scientists).
edit on 7-7-2012 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Again, it has nothing to do with god or proving the existence of god or gods. Such entities do not even come into the equation. What is your source you are using that is giving you such an idea?

Answer anything I said and I will give you an answer.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I've already stated exactly why you are wrong. Twice now. Stop making baseless assertions and post up the sources of your information.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I've already stated exactly why you are wrong. Twice now. Stop making baseless assertions and post up the sources of your information.

Dear john_bmth,

You lie, you have not responded to the questions I asked at all. Stop being a fool. You asked questions and provided no answers. Explain the Higgs Boson, explain what it means in your words and let us see where we disagree.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Are you for real? You've made a bunch of statements that are demonstrably false and I have explicitly explained why they are false. Stop trying to move the goalposts and actually counter the points I have addressed (twice now). What is your source for all of the references to god or gods?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Think about how much power can be harnessed from the atom.

Now think about how much power could be harnessed from the building blocks of the atom.

And then continue tell me that this will have no impact on the human race.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Are you for real? You've made a bunch of statements that are demonstrably false and I have explicitly explained why they are false. Stop trying to move the goalposts and actually counter the points I have addressed (twice now). What is your source for all of the references to god or gods?

If you really care to explain yourself or prove anything, list the statements and your corrections. You are incapable of doing such because we have this thread which shows what you said.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

They did not call the particle a "God particle" at all (others did). And definatelly not to disproove or prove otherwise the existance of god. You are pushing an agenda here. Why even say such lies?

It was called "a goddammed particle", because so much work has been put into finding it.

Some people just want facts to reflect their delusions. Ie. all scientists want to disprove the idea of god. I see many people with that kind of mindset.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Twice I have listed corrections to your statements. Twice I have explained to you clearly how and why your statements are false. Four times I have asked you to provide the source for your statements. This is the fifth and final time I will be asking: what is the source of your information?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Twice I have listed corrections to your statements. Twice I have explained to you clearly how and why your statements are false. Four times I have asked you to provide the source for your statements. This is the fifth and final time I will be asking: what is the source of your information?

You lie. List your comments and stop being general. Your refusal to be specific is you proof of your lies. List them out and we can debate one by one. Start by explaining what the Higgs Boson in and proves, stop being so silly and lazy.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by krzyspmac

I will make it simple for you. Is the Higgs Boson supposed to give to other particles more mass that it has itself? Is it theoretically create more mass than it had?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Are you trolling? Are you seriously suggesting that I haven't addressed any of your statements? And what on earth has me explaining the Higgs got to do with anything? You don't need to be a "genius" to read a Wikipedia or PopSci article on the topic so I'm certainly not going to regurgitate it for you simply because you demand it. Now, are you actually going to address the comments I have made, or are you going to keep trying to move the goalposts? All you have to do is post up the source for your information. After all, I wouldn't want to insinuate that you're simply making things up now, would I? What is the source of information the gave you the idea the Higgs had anything to do with god or gods/a creator?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
They say they can do this and that with the discovery... But after 20+ more years and gazillions of dollars, and by then they MIGHT understand it a tiny bit... They will neverrrrrrrr figure out how things work. They cant even figure out how the pyramids where made..... And its no secret

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I was not talking about the theory itself. I've said you have your facts wrong and you push an agenda. It's not the "god particle". It's not called that because some people want to disprove god.

Can you stick to what other people say? Can you not?

edit on 2012/7/7 by krzyspmac because: slippery fingers

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Are you trolling? Are you seriously suggesting that I haven't addressed any of your statements? And what on earth has me explaining the Higgs got to do with anything? You don't need to be a "genius" to read a Wikipedia or PopSci article on the topic so I'm certainly not going to regurgitate it for you simply because you demand it. Now, are you actually going to address the comments I have made, or are you going to keep trying to move the goalposts? All you have to do is post up the source for your information. After all, I wouldn't want to insinuate that you're simply making things up now, would I? What is the source of information the gave you the idea the Higgs had anything to do with god or gods/a creator?

I asked you a simple question which you did not answer. Lets deal with specifics and you did not because you are afraid to. If you do, you will have to deal with philosophy and you are afraid to.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by krzyspmac

I was not talking about the theory itself. I've said you have your facts wrong and you push an agenda. It's not the "god particle". It's not called that because some people want to disprove god.

Can you stick to what other people say? Can you not?

edit on 2012/7/7 by krzyspmac because: slippery fingers

It is simple, define your words. Define what the Higgs Boson means and what it is supposed to be. Correct me with factsl

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I've already stated I'm not going to regurgitate some PopSci or Wikipedia article for you. Are you a particle physicist? No? Neither am I. However, I'm not the one making demonstrably false assertions about the Higgs Boson. Now, actually stick to what I have said and address my statements and post up the source of your information. You're not a particle physicist so don't pretend you're privy to some higher understanding of the topic, you are either regurgitating a source for your information or you are making things up. I have specifically addressed and explained myself in my original two replies to you and have repeatedly requested you post up the source of your information linking the Higgs Boson to god/gods/creator in any shape or form. How many times must I ask? Post up your source or at least admit you're just making things up to further your own personal agenda, most likely of a religious bent.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join