It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate to do this, but...Could this man be the Antichrist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Okay, first, allow me to explain what I mean here.

All Bible scholars agree that the Antichrist will come in the form of a well-liked, and popular up and coming European leader. I think this stems from a belief that the Antichrist will be spawned from the "Reborn Roman Empire", which many have concluded to be the EU.

Now, I'm not the best person to ask in these areas, in fact I'm one of the worst. But I feel that perhaps we should be keeping our eyes on men like this in the years to come. If someone with more knowlede than I have could come forward, I'd like to hear about your take on the end times, etc, as far as WHAT sort of person this Antichrist is supposed to be.

Here is the story:

Parliament Leaders Show the Way
New President Borrell and the EP's group leaders give their priorities

In his opening address to the newly-elected European Parliament, president Josep Borrell (photo, right) spoke of fear over jobs and terrorism while striking a more positive note regards his "new dream" for social inclusion and tolerance. EP group leaders got down to the nuts and bolts on language policy, the MEP statute, and relations with the other EU institutions.

The Rest of the Story

I read this and could not help but think that hey, this is a very popular and well-loved leader from Europe. If I'm going down the totally wrong path here, please, somebody let me know.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
He could be, but first he needs to bring 7 years of peace to Israel and the Middle East. If he does, he is.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Could someone please tell me where the belief that the antichrist being european came from?

I'm trying to google it right now with minimal success.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Maitreya, the World Teacher, has not come alone, but with a group of wise Teachers who have long guided humanity from behind the scenes.

Isnt the antichrist supposed to some kind of false prophet who leads men astray with lies and half truths. I dont really have any info on this subject, but try searching for a guy reffered to as the Maitreya, I will post a few links, but Id be gratefull if you posted your opinion on this supposed christ like figure...the trouble is there is so much conflicting info on the web that I dont know what to believe. I know truth when I hear it spoken, but the written word is subjective to those who read it.

www.shareintl.org...
sangha.net...
www.maitreya.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hi Loki:

Are you confusing the figure of the ANTI CHRIST (in 1 and 2 John) with the "beast" or the "dragon" in the Apocalypse of Yohanon the Elder ("the book of Revelation")?

FYI: there is NO mention of the word "AntiChrist" anywhere in the Book of Revelation....which is why I ask...

Any way, "all biblical scholars" DO NOT believe the Book of Revelation contains prophecies for the future: In fact more than 1/2 of modern textual biblical ciritics-scholars (i.e those who can read and have studied in depth all the bad Greek of the text of Revelation) adopt a "preterist" position--i.e. believing that the 'events' pertain to the Jewish War against Rome in AD 66-72 (and possibly re-written during the Bar Kokhba revolt of AD 138)...

No more generalisations, ok ??

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The anti-christ is also supposed to be a homosexual.So you need to find a european homosexual.Good luck.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The anti-christ is also supposed to be a homosexual.So you need to find a european homosexual.Good luck

Yep, they are so rare...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
what are the full requirements to be an anti-christ

what happens if you fail the anti-christ physical? are you still intitled to your ant-christ benefits#? is there an anti-christ union?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Could someone please tell me where the belief that the antichrist being European came from?

I'm trying to google it right now with minimal success.

The answer to your question can be found in Daniel 9.

Daniel 9:26
Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.

Here we see a prophecy of the destruction of the Jewish temple.(Which happened as foretold) The destruction would be done by the people of "the prince who is to come". We know that the Romans are the ones who destroyed the temple, so the future king will be from the Roman empire.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I live in europa, and he isn't very popular (yet). I've never heard of him, and if some politican is trying to gain power i always keep an eye on him

If he is the antichrist, the he has to get popular first.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew Da General
The anti-christ is also supposed to be a homosexual.So you need to find a european homosexual.Good luck.

Could you please give me a scripture for that?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
dbates, that is a very vague verse and a VERY far fetched interpretation.

What is kind of suspicious to me, is that according to some interpretations, this "anti-christ" person is supposed to be "good" at first, right? Bring peace and prosperity. So we should fear anyone who appears on political scene and who is good and wants to do good. We should all go back to church, give them money so we get saved.... hmmmm.... see why I am skeptical? It looks more like a way to control the "sheep" and keep the power, then a real prophecy.

Also, as someone who is living in Europe I always laugh at these assumptions of some horrid world leader coming from my part of the world and fooling everyone. In REALITY, REAL world, that is not possible. Nobody stays long enough in power to do such thing, there isnt just ONE person in charge, EU is a gigantic huge pile of birocracy that is barely functioning. Each country still has their own presidents, prime ministers, parlaments, then there is EU parliament, various governing bodies, presidency which rotates every six months, then another presidency which rotates every 4 years I think. We have so many leaders and representatives, no way in hell anyone could anyone rise there in power to destroy the whole world. He can't even rise that much to be KNOWN in Europe lol. Most europeans have no clue who the president of EU is. Even if he becomes known in EUrope, if he is French, Britons will opose with blood every decision he wants to make (the opposite goes too, if he is British, France will protest), Italians will use the opportunity to steal money, Germany will opose everybody and want their own decision, maybe siding with france if neccesary, little countries will riot, Dutch will be too stoned to do anything...
To even begin considering possibly deploying a possible army anywhere you need at least a dozen resolutions from various bodies, then the agreement of majority of members, dozens of meetings....
Dude, I cant even begin to tell you just how impossible it is that there will be some super-vilain from EU. You just need to live for a week here and follow the news, you would see for yourself.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'm not too sure of a scripture it's just something i read somewhere.Prince William is suspected to be the anti-christ.The most recent suspect is Arnold Schwartzenegger,however you spell his last name i've always had trouble spelling that.I'll post the article later because i have to find it.It's a good article BTW.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'm not too sure of a scripture it's just something i read somewhere.Prince William is suspected to be the anti-christ.The most recent suspect is Arnold Schwartzenegger,however you spell his last name i've always had trouble spelling that.I'll post the article later because i have to find it.It's a good article BTW.

and I was the first to point the finger at arnie!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarahm12002

The anti-christ is also supposed to be a homosexual.So you need to find a European homosexual.Good luck.

Could you please give me a scripture for that?

The verse that is being referenced here is:

Dan. 11:37
Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all

Some people see this verse as a reference to the "Antichrist" being a homosexual. I don't know if that's true. There simply isn't enough information to make that assessment. It could also mean that he doesn't share his power with anyone. As if giving into the desire to be with a woman would lower himself to a regular man's standards.

Paperclip has a very good point about the EU being so diverse that no one could unify them. However, if we continue to see more major terrorist actions, it could be the key to the EU becoming more unified. Actually the entire empire (If it is the EU) isn't going to go along with him. It says that he will uproot 3 horns in the 10 horn kingdom. Some say that this is Britain, France, and Germany. Also on the matter of peace, it just says that he will promise peace. I don't believe he will actually be able to deliver.

Lots of interesting stuff to think about on this subject. No one knows for sure how this is going to turn out, so keep studying.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here it is kiddies arnie the anti-christ.....
www.goroadachi.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Paperclip has a very good point about the EU being so diverse that no one could unify them. However, if we continue to see more major terrorist actions, it could be the key to the EU becoming more unified. Actually the entire empire (If it is the EU) isn't going to go along with him. It says that he will uproot 3 horns in the 10 horn kingdom. Some say that this is Britain, France, and Germany. Also on the matter of peace, it just says that he will promise peace. I don't believe he will actually be able to deliver.

Lots of interesting stuff to think about on this subject. No one knows for sure how this is going to turn out, so keep studying.

Now, there is another problem, 10 horn kingdom. Eu has 25 member states. Ignoring that lets assume that UK, France and Germany are the three horns. They are supposed to act unilateraly??? The people of those countries are supposed to support one man?? Haha, maybe when hell freezes over. Terrorist attacks are only likely to occur in UK, and even that is doubtful. Al-Qaeda members lived in Germany for years and didnt do anything there.

Maybe this anti-christ prediction is true, but it most certainly isnt likely to happen in Europe. We should look at middle east. Bible is ALL about that part of the world anyway. Why would this occur somewhere else?
How many countries are in Arab League? Or any other middle east organsation. In how many countries is Al-Qaida active? Uproar in how many countries? Afganistan, Iraq, one is missing. Is Iran next? The three horns. Uniting extremists in those countries. Didn't Bin Laden promise them all good things, fooled them into believing, but in the end didn't deliver what he promised? Something to think about.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There are a lot of scholars who think that this will be fulfilled in the middle east, as you said. I think that the main hiccup is the Daniel 9 verse about the destruction of the temple.

I've thought about this as well, Revelation mentions people being beheaded, which sounds like more of a Muslim thing to do. I've even argued the point with a man named Herbert L. Peters. He runs a site called Fulfilled Prophecy. He is sold on the EU being the kingdom of the Antichrist, and he makes some good arguments. Really nice guy too. He personally responded to several emails that I sent him. My main problem with him is that he seems to be sure that Solana is the Antichrist. He might be right, but I hate the date setting/ name calling predictions. Ignoring that fact, you should check out his discussions. He even has a couple of good 9/11 analysis.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Would the anti-chrst have to be born in the Roman Empire/Europe or could he be born from the Roman Empire/Europe? My Great-Grandfather and Great Grandmother are from Ireland. I live in the United States, but my family believes that they are Irish-Americans.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Sorry to sound like l`m peeing all over your fire but if the Anti Christ is so powerfull why would he be a politician.
Couldn`t he just turn up and do whatever he wanted.The teachings are of powers far beyond human capabilities so as such he would not require the need to be a political leader.If there is a war between good and evil.God against the devil.You can bet they won`t be using ak47s and nukes.You gonna need a few guardian angels and lighting bolts for that kinda war.

Go Gabriel go

<<   2  3 >>

join