It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andy Griffith WTF???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
reply to post by stupid girl

a lot of people outside of america wont know who he is
just because he's famous there, dont mean he is in the rest of the world
crass and ill mannered? sheeeesh

everyone knows who andy girrith is dude, everyone! except you! lol jk you never heard of the andy girrith show? he was a sheriff and barney Fife was his deputy

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Now I've seen it all. The burial of Andy Griffith is a HUGE conspiracy on ATS.....

This is what the bottom of the barrel looks like...huh....

Des

edit on 5-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Rumor has it,
Barney found that one bullet he was allowed to carry in his pocket,
and claims it was an accidental discharge of his service weapon.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Or was it Gomer overfilled the Sheriffs gas tank
which resulted in fire?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Oh God,

Its turns out Earnest T Bass,
hit the Sheriff in the Head with a rock!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

but when the OP comes out with a statement like that with nothing linked to the subject whatsoever, well....

....then you highlight the name Andy Griffith, right-click and select 'Copy', open a new tab in your current browser, navigate to Google then right-click again and select 'Paste'. A quick tap of the 'Enter' key is all that is then required to access a wealth of information on said subject.

It would have taken less time than it did to type the initial post

Why are you all jumping on him for not knowing who he was? It doesn't automatically mean he's young.It's not his thread anyway,it is the op's job to provide that info for those who don't know who he is.Not everyone outside of the US knows who he was,no matter what age they are.Sheesh,get a grip people.As for the op,no,as has been pointed out no conspiracy.I'm guessing he was buried according his wishes.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Don't you just hate it when people try to be,
politically correct at funerals,
people need to mourn in their own ways.

edit on 5-7-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
According to his death certificate, he died of a heart attack and was buried in a family cemetery, an employee at the Dare County Register of Deeds Office said on Thursday.

todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com...

The certificate noted that Griffith had suffered for years from coronary artery disease, hypertension and hyperlipidemia, a condition related to high cholesterol.

I could use a little Mayberry now.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm still reading and responding to this thread because I am still missing Andy... it really is like losing a favorite uncle. I have known Andy Taylor and have been visiting Mayberry my entire life. I honestly believe I could find my way around Mayberry.

And, Yes, there are those that do not know who Andy Griffith was and is... What a wonderful opportunity for them to get to know him and for us to show them around town. After awhile, maybe we could stop by Wally's Filling Station and have a bottle of pop and say hey to Goober and Gomer... or geta pork chop sandwich at the BlueBird Diner and talk to Jaunita.

I used to think the whole world grew up like I did back in the 1960s... and the Andy Griffith Show reaffirmed my thoughts. Only when I grew up did I realize just how lucky and blessed I had really been.

There are so many people that do not know Andy and Barney...never shared a piece of pie with Aunt Bea and Opie.... never had salty peanuts in their Coke... so many that have never had a BBQ pork sandwhich with slaw and TexasPete...never shagged to Carolina Beach Music...

OK... I am starting to tear up here.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Seriously. ^ This.

Sometimes things really are as they appear.

Who knows, maybe it was in accordance with his wishes?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I'm still reading and responding to this thread because I am still missing Andy... it really is like losing a favorite uncle. I have known Andy Taylor and have been visiting Mayberry my entire life. I honestly believe I could find my way around Mayberry.

And, Yes, there are those that do not know who Andy Griffith was and is... What a wonderful opportunity for them to get to know him and for us to show them around town. After awhile, maybe we could stop by Wally's Filling Station and have a bottle of pop and say hey to Goober and Gomer... or geta pork chop sandwich at the BlueBird Diner and talk to Jaunita.

I used to think the whole world grew up like I did back in the 1960s... and the Andy Griffith Show reaffirmed my thoughts. Only when I grew up did I realize just how lucky and blessed I had really been.

There are so many people that do not know Andy and Barney...never shared a piece of pie with Aunt Bea and Opie.... never had salty peanuts in their Coke... so many that have never had a BBQ pork sandwhich with slaw and TexasPete...never shagged to Carolina Beach Music...

OK... I am starting to tear up here.

I know everybody loves...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Based on some of the other threads and Homeland Security, ...Andy Griffith and Mayberry are all terrorists....

Thanks! I needed that chuckle.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The only thing remotely resembling a conspiracy is the huge difference between the character of Andy Taylor and the real person known as Andy Griffith.

Seriously, do a google search of "Andy Griffith jerk" or something along those lines. Lots of stories about how rude he was to people to the point of near psychopathy.
edit on 7/6/2012 by OrphenFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Star128

Does everyone need an autopsy now when they die? The man was 86 years old.. he made good TV shows and did some good movies.. and this dark side you speak of.. is called acting.

I met the man once, very nice and cordial fellow. please can we not turn this into a conspiracy?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
If its never been shown in the UK or Ireland then how come I've seen reruns down here in Australia?

Because Australia follows the USA?
The Andy Griffith Show was also never aired here in Germany. Matlock was usually shown around noon, weekdays, never prime time, it wasn't a huge hit and i do believe that most people know Matlock from the jokes they made of it at The Simpsons

Now i know who Andy Griffith was but still it's pretty obnoxious that Americans think the world revolves around their #ty country and everthing they think is awesome has to be seen as awesome everywhere else. I mean americans have no clue about european television, our movie stars and shows and aren't interested to learn about it...so why should we give a # about some american actor who didn't even win some important awards?

As for the topic: Everything has basically been said, people can be burried rather quick. Not everything has the a Conspiracy. Wake up people and stop being paranoid about everything

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

reply to post by Star128

you might get some intelligent well thought out answers if you presented an intelligent well thought out thread.
who is andy griffith?
are we all supposed to know who he is?
a photograph of him sure would help
a list of his work, a link or two would be a great help.

but maybe thats asking too much, sheeeeeesh.

According to your crass and ill-mannered post, I'm assuming you are a self-absorbed individual who is no older than 13 or 14 years old.

Even the Dali Lahma prob'ly knows who Andy Griffith is.

You're name wasn't lying stupid girl indeed. I am a 30 year old Englishman (A male from England) and I have NO IDEA who Andy Griffith is.

Do you know who David Jason and Del Boy are??? Thought not. Although he is MASSIVELY famous in England.

As soon as Americans start realising there is a whole world out there and you're not the centre of it the better.

Not everyone in the world knows who every American is.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
I have never heard of the little-known film...go figure...lol.
What is it about?

A Face in the Crowd (great movie) was about a low-life yokel (Griffith) getting his own TV variety show through which he spewed opinions and wielded a lot of influence over his audience. He was eventually tapped to help douchey politicians get elected. At the end it all comes crumbling down. It also featured Walter Matthau and Patricia Neal.

Oddly enough, Andy was originally intended to be the next "bad boy". He was discovered/promoted by Elia Kazan, the same fella who brought us Marlon Brando and James Dean. Turned out he preferred the "good ol' boy" thing, and went that way instead.

We'll miss ya, Andy.

edit: Y'know, now that I'm thinking about it, A Face in the Crowd should probably be required viewing for all ATS members. It's really all about about mass media manipulating the populace for the elite. It's really quite a powerful statement on the power of television over people's lives.

edit on 6-7-2012 by subject x because:

edit on 6-7-2012 by subject x because:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
lets parse the facts of this case down :

octogenarian with a history of heart desiese dies ,and his burried in accordance with family wishes

why does the fact that the octogenarian is called " andy griffith " and was a " celebrity " introduce the assumption that a conspiracy may have occurred ?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Okay, now that we've determined all of us in the States are a bunch of self-centered arrogant putzes ignorant of the rest of the world, and Mr Griffith's death and associated interment is of no particular weirdness, allow me to interject an opportunity to get a feel for Andy's talent for those unfamiliar.

Obtain a copy of the classic comedy, No Time for Sergeants. I think it stands the test of time and holds up to multiple viewings. Hilarious.

A Face in the Crowd is watchable, but dated. Unless you're familiar with the back story (parallels to Arthur Godfrey, another American celebrity of the 50's no one's ever heard of), you will probably be bored. NTFS is a much better example of the work of one of our most beloved TV actors. In my opinion.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Star128

He was 86 years old and he passed away.

Nothing wierd here.

Why is the federal reserve called federal when its a private organization?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It may have been to seal the secret of the 60's most successful children's product

Do you remember the ad's jiggle,
to the tune of "The Old Fishing Hole," a.k.a. "The Andy Griffith Show" theme song...
& it went like this.....
"Hey, mom ya love us much
so get us some Opberry Crunch
it's good for us & we love to munch
much Opberry Crunch
Hey-e-a, mom
get us some
we will munch
munch Opberry Crunch
So, hey, mom, next morning or lunch
give us some Opberry Crunch
even you and dad will love to munch