It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a joke...RIGHT?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I was talking about this issue with a coworker who is black (and a republican). His take:

"I would rather see George Bushes dog run for president than Sharpton... and I would rather vote for the dog!"

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think Sharpton is going to be much more of a contender than people think. He's no more dirty than any other politician and I heard that Deans and Keery are into it now because Deans said America has to prepare to not be the strongest country in the world anymore and Kerry questioned his ability to be commander and chief based on that view and Deans quickly revised his statement. If the bickering is already starting among our leaders, the isn't going to be a clear-cut favorite until the primaries are over. I don't have too much of a problem with Lieberman although I hated to see him squelch so many of his beliefs to run with Algore in 2000. I hope he sticks by his own agenda for this race.

But clearly the dem party needs to show their base and America a clear vision of the future and a workable plan to make it happen. We can only use bashing of the other side so far and then we have to put forth a workable plan and show that we aren't going to put national security on the back burner. Anyway, I wouldn't deal anyone out just yet..even Sharpton. He's got as big a following as anyone and the African American vote counts big time on the democrat side of things.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well...while Mayor, he was busted on a Crack coc aine raid...

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well...while Mayor, he was busted on a Crack coc aine raid...

Yuor tinking of the D.C mayor not the Rev.Al sharpton. God man.. get your info straight.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yeah, I think that was Ron Barry...or was it Ron Jeremy?..Ah hell it was Ron somebody.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
*sigh* Marion Barry, by chance?

Anyway, Saphie, Idon't think the black population is so politically ignorant as to throw their vote away because of a tool of distraction. Now, whites on the other hand; who were the mayonaise-guzzling morons that voted for Perot thereby insuring Clinton would walk away with the presidency from a seriously less than majority vote? That's right, your pigment-impaired brethren.

Lxus, where I come from you describe the blacks as well when you talk about shooting cans in your back yard. You'll get whupped if you shoot in the garden as you'll shoot up the veggies.
You must live in the city or something, else you'd know better!

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
TC, yeah Marion Barry. Ron Berry is a guy that made news here locally last year!! I had cranial rectumitis there for a minute. ..well for longer than a minute.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I didn't check the link in the first post....I responded to the name (i.e. Marion Barry) in the first post, as meaning that was who the link was about... See what I get for reading the post too fast, hehe.....

I certainly know the difference between Marion Barry and Al Sharpton,
Sorry for the confusion, but after re-reading the initial post, and checking the link...some must think I've lost my mind, hehe....

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
article

a little bit of info on problems with Sharpton's candidacy

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
Twanda Bradley wasn't Al's fault. He used her so called "rape" as a platform to get some camera time he's amoral but he committed no crime. He was sued but that's the american way...they couldn't sue their accuser she was poor so they sued Al.

Either way he's just a puppet in this election to kill the black vote. If you set up a puppet for the blacks to vote for that takes them out of the equation that way none of the issues we care about are addressed and the houses of government stay white. He's not seriously running he's being paid to run and any black person with an ounce of common sense knows that. We may see a black canidate when the two party system is banished and folk get serious about freedom and equality. Until then it's a whites only club.

Inequality is a lie made that lingers in peoples hearts as an excuse for laziness. Just because he's black doesnt mean hes a puppet. And there has yet to be a black president because there has been very few black politicians.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
*peeks up from under the covers after the earlier embarassing faux paus*

This pretty much summed it up...

"Good. They created this monster. They bloody well deserve him."

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
WolfofWar is it?

You can't be of color to come up with a statement like that. I know I'm assuming, but as a person of color who has experienced inequality I would like to inform you that it isn't some myth made up by colored folk to excuse their laziness.

Truthfully, I would love it if what you said were true. It's not, I have the battle scars. My first experience with a racist white person happened when I was six years old and the only black person in my first grade grade class. My teacher came to collect my coloring project and she threw it back at me and told me to fix it because I had colored out of the lines. She then took the rest of the students to lunch and shut the lights out on me. I sat there crying till the paper was soaked. Another teacher walked by and seen me sitting there bawling and she cleaned me up and took me to lunch. They put me in another class but not until my mother drove to the school and ranted and raved did the teacher get put on "probation". I was six.

While there maybe no conspriacy to hold color folk down there are folk that are racist and in positions of power. Don't tell me it's a myth I have many more experiences just like that one.

On topic...Mr. Sharpton has always been for hire. I don't think this is any different. He is now and has aways been a puppet for the highest bidder.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If all of what the columnist said was completely bias-free and truthful, then I might be having second thoughts about Sharpton. However, I suspect that the author was carrying on in the tradition of Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh and set the truth spinning faster than Pulsar PSR 1937+21. Of all the democratic candidates presented I think that Sharpton has the best platforms. Whether or not he will hold true to his word I do not know but I know that I would rather see him in the Oval office than "Dumbya." That said, I would prefer Ralph Nader or Jesse Jackson for president, but unless a miracle occurs and America discovers the brain it wont be happening soon.

XAOS

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Who spins, ol' friend? Who puts a twist? "Dumbya"? I read the positions of all three of you, and I believe you are more of a spinner than Rush or Ann.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Actually, I think Rush is pulling for Sharpton...in the dem. primaries.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
okay okay, so I do tend to throw my opinion into my writing. And frankly there is nothing wrong with Ruxh or Ann come to think of it, they are a columnist and a radio show host. Their job is to show their opinion. The bad thing is those who listen to them and take their words at face value, they are the ones who need to be corrected. Ann is not a reporter and neither is Rush, their word is not truth and some people need to realize it. Sorry about "dumbya," I couldnt resist. I still would rather see his dog in office rather than him. And I am still waiting for America to invent the brain.

XAOS

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sharpton is an idiot. He is racist and been involved in so many scandals.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Al Sharpton is a fake, to put in plainly. He has been involved in many scandals and he's no where to being the Black people leader like Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, Jr was. He's just a puppet. America isnt ready for a black president. America will never be ready for it. The only black president we will ever see was Morgan Freeman in Deep Impact. Isnt it messed up though while I'm talking about that movie that once a black president is on office there's a comet that is coming to destroy the world
Just thought that was funny.

Anyway, if however we do see another black person in high power, whether president or otherwise they'd just kill them like the FBI/CIA did Malcolm.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Illuminati, if you're going to continue to pursue this ethnocentric crap in which you seem to be wrapped up, you'd better come to grips with the fact that MLK was nothing more than a pawn. I understand that at your age, and also the fact that you belong to some group or organization from which you receive teching, but at least allow a little seed of doubt be there so that later it will germinate when watered and fertilized with age and more information.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Heres one for you Patriot

In a train carriage there was an American, a Frenchman, a spectacular looking blonde and a frightfully awful looking fat lady.

After several minutes of the trip the train happens to pass through a dark tunnel, and the unmistakable sound of a slap is heard.

When they leave the tunnel, the Frenchman had a big red slap mark on his cheek.

(1) The blonde thought - "That French son of a bitch wanted to touch me and, by mistake, he must have put his hand on the fat lady, who in turn must have slapped his face"

(2) The fat lady thought - "This dirty old Frenchman laid his hands on the blonde and she smacked him".

(3) The Frenchman thought - "That f***ing American put his hand on that blonde and by mistake she slapped me".

(4) The American thought - "I hope there's another tunnel soon so I can smack that French b*stard again"

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join