It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chit Chat for ATS Regent Election

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Destinyone

Why do I get the feeling that a dunce hat is involved?

No dunce hat, but there was mention of facial tatoos.

You mean my facial scars won't count?

Drats!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

You mean my facial scars won't count?

Drats!

I find your facial scars quite endearing. I've embroidered them onto a set of pillow shams....

I'll auction them off on ebay, and donate the proceeds to your campaign. I expect a really big final bid for them.

Des

edit on 5-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by beezzer

hopefully they will be better than the tatoo Neno was threatening my behind with!

Everyone needs a badge of honor when they've earned it!

Guess where I keep my challenge coin? Hint: I never leave home without it! Challenges issued in bars sometimes get... exciting... though!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

noooooooooooooo I'd have to pluck my feathers for them to tatoo me!!!

I hear through the jungle grapevine that the guerrillas will be taking care of that for you...

They said something about being here to "serve" you, but they weren't smiling, so I really don't know how to take that!

edit on 2012/7/5 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

...not the same Black Panther's you're thinking of.... and they're a little bit biased!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by MountainLaurel

Of course you can be a princess in my court if you can tell
Queen Mamabeth HOW to change my avatar.I have forgotten
how to do it

I believe that particular image would do a lot better set as the background with a clear transparent avatar image over it!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

OK... SOMEBODY swiped the keys to the time machine!!!

Hope they didn't change anything!!! Everything is still going the way I saw it in the future for now.....

....or I may have left them in the freezer or microwave and they weren't swiped at all....

FortAnthem has inspired me to look for them later.....

Probably swiped by the same darn cat that ran off with my round tuit.

Inspired by your current avatar, you can count on my vote in a little while...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

...not the same Black Panther's you're thinking of.... and they're a little bit biased!

That looks like a purple panther... now if we can find the pink panther, we can start building a rainbow coalition!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I find your facial scars quite endearing. I've embroidered them onto a set of pillow shams....

I'll auction them off on ebay, and donate the proceeds to your campaign. I expect a really big final bid for them.

Des

edit on 5-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Well thanks!

As a value-added selling point, the pillow shams can double as road maps of the rural mountain roads of West Virginia, and as anyone acquainted with slasher movies can attest, that isn't somewhere they want to get lost!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I hear it has great rafting and kayaking (New and Gauley Rivers for example), but does one have to bring a banjo, just in case?

edit on 5-7-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

hmmmm your numbers jumped when you came online.... do you have my time machine keys?

I'll tell you later, after I find my round tuit... but I can confidently assert that you won't be jumping ahead timewise to find out where they are ... er... were... er... will be... er something... after the fact...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

I hear it has great rafting and kayaking (New and Gauley Rivers for example), but does one have to bring a banjo, just in case?

Banjos are useless, and only arouse suspicion unless you can actually play it. A home-made banjo with a groundhog hide head is a plus, though! makes them think you're a native!

Regarding the new and Gauley rivers, if you get to the bridge over the gorge at the right time of year, you can watch people jump off of a perfectly good bridge for no apparent reason. they close it for a weekend every October for base jumpers. I've stood there and looked down, and it's a looooong way to the bottom!

I'd rather jump out of a perfectly good airplane for no apparent reason, to be honest.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Well thanks!

As a value-added selling point, the pillow shams can double as road maps of the rural mountain roads of West Virginia, and as anyone acquainted with slasher movies can attest, that isn't somewhere they want to get lost!

you know that West Virginia is "almost heaven" because it boarders on Kentucky....so it's only "almost"

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yikes, no thanks. I just looked at some of the pics from the bridge jump and looks serious business and I'm not scared of heights! TBH, I'd be more into the Gauley river festival, with or without my own personal groundhog headed banjo... Anyhoo, how does this relate to the election? Hmmmm... there must be a way to link it?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Banjos are useless, and only arouse suspicion unless you can actually play it. A home-made banjo with a groundhog hide head is a plus, though! makes them think you're a native!

Ain't nobody takin' ma hide fer no banjo...nohow....

Des

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Now ya'll look at your leaders... one is in Kentucky and one is in West Virginia.... this may well become the Hatfileds and McCoy's!!!

::strummin up for duelin banjos::

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Yikes, no thanks. I just looked at some of the pics from the bridge jump and looks serious business and I'm not scared of heights! TBH, I'd be more into the Gauley river festival, with or without my own personal groundhog headed banjo... Anyhoo, how does this relate to the election? Hmmmm... there must be a way to link it?

This is called "banter" and "glad handing". It's a feature of every political campaign, as it gives the people a sense that the candidates are one of them!

yeah, that's a loooong intimidating way down, with rocks at the bottom and a river that looks a lot like it's no bigger than a silver necklace from up top. That river starts not far from where I live in NC, actually, and has 3 names before it hits the Ohio. It's the only river in the easter US to flow "backwards" from all the rest for it's entire course, and that's because it's the oldest existing river in America. it started out during the uplift of the Appalachians during the Carboniferous, about 300 million years ago. The only difference between then and now is a course change near Charleston. The original bed was in the "Teays River valley", but it got shifted a bit north to what is now the Kanawha River.

It's great age, and the time it took to cut down as the Mountains rose up, are what created the New River Gorge.

There is another gorge or canyon in Southwest Virginia/Eastern Kentucky called "The Breaks", where the Russell Fork river "breaks" through Pine mountain. It's just as spectacular, but I don't know of anyone who rides parachutes around in it!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Now ya'll look at your leaders... one is in Kentucky and one is in West Virginia.... this may well become the Hatfileds and McCoy's!!!

::strummin up for duelin banjos::

I'm actually related to both sides - they crisscrossed that Tug Fork pretty frequently!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Ain't nobody takin' ma hide fer no banjo...nohow....

Des

Thanks for that - it's the sort of thing that give me nightmares! it's not enough to get between a groundhog and his hole, and having him start popping his teeth at you in preparation for a charge - NOW they carry M60's!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join