It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans’ Ex-Spokesman Calls For Armed Rebellion Over Obamacare

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog
Latest pools show split in American population - 46% for and against supreme court ruling, and 8 percent undecided according to NPR this morning.

Republicans need to get over it...

with the citizens united win...all of this will be mute in a matter of 10 to 20 years. america will be the first corporate run state in history. the middle class IS NOT coming back, the wealthy will not let it happen. it's just a matter of time before the health care act becomes a corporate cash cow, or is eliminated altogether. so, republicans can rejoice, your corporate masters have won.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
theory proves free markets work, reality proves that they don't. the very nature of the corporation is to improve the "bottom line". thus, the corporation ALWAYS tries to game the system, whether its through legislation, supply and demand, or corruption.
edit on 2-7-2012 by jimmyx because: context

And that is where I take issue with the authors of the Constitution. One little clause forbidding corporate charters would have been sufficient. The fact that they KNEW what corporations do and still left out that vital requirement for equal justice for the people is probably why 13 of the colony's delegates refused to sign it.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hello ATS members I am a fat, lazy American who personally does not care that a mandate requiring me to pay for insurance I can not afford, or a "penalty" for not paying for said-such insurance. Like always I will lay down on my couch, smoke and drink, work at a crap job, have children and die still not caring. Why? Because until they make me get up I won't.

This pretty much describes most people I see. God have mercy on us all, and may are descendents forgive us for not standing up.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Moot not mute

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MansPlaceNow
Hello ATS members I am a fat, lazy American who personally does not care that a mandate requiring me to pay for insurance I can not afford, or a "penalty" for not paying for said-such insurance. Like always I will lay down on my couch, smoke and drink, work at a crap job, have children and die still not caring. Why? Because until they make me get up I won't.

This pretty much describes most people I see. God have mercy on us all, and may are descendents forgive us for not standing up.

That is outrageous. Get yourself a hammock man! Laying on the couch is just white-trashy, in a hammock with a beer you are a hippie, or a parrot-head. Get with the program.

I agree with you btw. The common person in the US is just still too comfortable with their life, and they'll let the government take and take and take, and it won't matter as long as they are still fat and happy. Go ask some of your friends and neighbors if they'd rather be a fat slave or a starving freeman. 30 years ago the answer would have been quick and resentful. Today the answer is mulled over a bit, and usually shocking when they ask you what is wrong with being a fat slave?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

But what if the people vote for it?

Like a public school tax levy. I don't see very many crying about that on here.
edit on 2-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

This is precisely why our Constitutions, both states and federal established republics. Technically speaking, the people cannot vote for plunder. The people didn't vote for "income" tax, Congress was granted the complete and plenary power of taxation and doesn't need voter approval. They do, however, have to abide by certain rules set forth by that Constitution, which is why the tax code is written as it is. The tax code is perfectly harmonious with the Constitution. How it is enforced not so harmonious.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Like a public school tax levy. I don't see very many crying about that on here.
edit on 2-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

I've been on ATS crying about my Fire Services "fee." It was a fee,because they didn't want to put it to a vote, but if you don't pay it within 12 months, it becomes a property tax. It is a CRIME!! They can't levy a tax without a vote, and fees are supposedly voluntary. PLUS, I live outside the coverage area of the fire department, and we have a volunteer fire department that I donate too, but apparently they borrow equipment from the city, so they levied the "fee" on the whole county. Now the money that used to go to the volunteers for equipment, goes instead to the city that won't come out to my house.

The US has plenty of reasons for armed rebellion, Obamacare is just the most recent.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

This. So, so much. *applauds*

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

People vote for "plundering" all the time at the county level. Tax increases to save libraries, or public schools, teachers jobs, etc.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

While I am certainly no advocate of public schools, libraries and public schools are not plunder, and you instinctively knew this, which was what compelled you to place quotation marks around the word "plunder". Taxes for libraries and public schools are taxes collected to pay for basic services. Everyone has the opportunity to enjoy libraries, and while not everyone has the opportunity to enjoy public schools, in that not everyone is a parent, all parents are afforded the opportunity to place their children in public schools.

Plunder is the dishonest acquisition of money, often times through violence. "Income" tax does not pay for libraries and public schools. "Income tax" is plunder. Taxes are not plunder in and of them selves and even an income tax, as odious as they are, does not have to necessarily be plunder. The "income" tax scheme as it stands today is plunder. It has been used as a wealth redistribution program plundering the hard earned income of people and simply just giving it away to not just poor people, but corporations, and other nations. Plunder.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Everyone has the opportunity to enjoy libraries, and while not everyone has the opportunity to enjoy public schools, in that not everyone is a parent, all parents are afforded the opportunity to place their children in public schools.

This attitude right here is getting so old. Everyone benefits from an educated society whether you have your own children or not.

As a side note, when do I get to enjoy the wars I am paying for?
edit on 3-7-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I care and I am glad you have to pay it. For your being fat, lazy, a drinker and smoker, without insurance you are a freeloader benefiting from the hard work of people like myself that actually do pay for things. Now you have to pay for your own fat lazy ass. I do not get how Republicans are against this.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

So you agree that publicly funded health clinics voted in by the people on a county level isn't plundering?

Most conservatives (unless extremely right wing or anarcho-capitalist) have no problems with public schools even though they go against most of their political beliefs. But if publicly funded healthcare were to be attempted to be implemented in the exact same way, which would include the option of private healthcare they'd all have a heart attack and call it communist.
edit on 4-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

So you agree that publicly funded health clinics voted in by the people on a county level isn't plundering?

I am a free market advocate, and the beauty of the free market is that any group of people could form their own commune, or if you will, their own little communist town and it would be against free market principles to prevent these people from operating within the market however they saw fit. I would suggest a county is bigger and includes many local municipalities, and would agree that any local municipality or town has the right to vote for taxation that would fund health clinics. Empowering government beyond that is just asking for trouble.

Most conservatives (unless extremely right wing or anarcho-capitalist) have no problems with public schools even though they go against most of their political beliefs. But if publicly funded healthcare were to be attempted to be implemented in the exact same way, which would include the option of private healthcare they'd all have a heart attack and call it communist.

Most "conservatives" are poseurs, and the proclivity to invent new labels to define people is pointless. Conservatives have to be conserving something in order to be a conservative. In the United States we have a Constitutional republic, and if that is not what is being conserved then what the hell is? I refuse to acquiesce to the labelists who insist on defining conservatism as anything else other than a strong conservation of Constitutional principles with a sound understanding of the Founders original intent.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join