It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Ruling: Individual Mandate Ruled CONSTITUTIONAL, entire law upheld.

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
funny how Obama tried to sell it not being a tax but the only way the SCOTUS could play ball was to give it the tax label.

Huge contradiction.

Now for SCOTUS to rule the 2012 NDAA constitutional so we can all nullify the hell out of it.

Even funnier how a right leaning court decided to add a tax to the US people. I guess Grover was busy looking the other way for a minute.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Now you know why I have stayed out of ATS for a while, for some reason bad news about the realities of fascism in America and getting hopes of a better future that never is going to happen without us citizens raising up and fighting the corporate dictatorship only help my blood pressure get higher.

So when I stay home go to the gym and think about happy thoughts I feel good, sadly my choosing to live in lala land will only make me part of the problem and not a solution.

Then again I have a dream I have a dream but is ugly, bloody and nasty.

Just ranting here now Udio nothing more. . . . specially with the realities of my husband unemployment.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Is this not as simple as being a tax on life?

If I really got a bill for not having health insurance, I'd be on the metro to DC to throw that garbage back over the fence to the house.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by marg6043

is just insane

It is insane, Marg, everyday I wonder about the sanity of the people in government, unless it is all part of a plan we don't know about yet, but have long suspected, that is the only way I can't wrap my mind around it, they are trying to bring the country down.

I agree.

A friend and I have dissected this before today, and we stated the same thing: Is this a set-up to create chaos? What's going on?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

I haven't been to a doctor in decades, (Apologies.) What I mean is that because I haven't been to a doctor, I don't know much about the Ontario Health Insurance Program's "deductible" charges, but I think you would get virtually all the care you needed with very little if any, cost to yourself. Now, wait times, etc., for dialysis, are something I don't know about.

Socialized medicine has its detractors, even in Canada, but most of the catfights occur over the treatment of very rare conditions where long term intensive care is the issue.

edit on 28-6-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by Jedimind

As usual, Peter Schiff is right on the money.

Well I will give him this...I have rarely seen someone as dumb as him be so articulate.

I said that if anyone can rebut his arguments then I'm all ears...Apparently you think he's dumb (what an incredible and worthwhile insight btw, thanks) but you haven't provided any rebuttal to the arguments he puts forth. Character assassination as a distraction of the actual issue at hand yaay!! I guess someone's taken a lesson from the left wing playbook. Good for you..here's a cookie.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

you said.."The point is you already pay for your health insurance thru your employer and nothing will change for you."

did you mean to say "if" you already pay for health insurance thru your employer....."

and from the article you linked...

A state survey of primary-care doctors, done late last year, showed that nearly half said they would not take new Medicaid patients.

Washington state has 5,971 primary-care doctors active in patient care — which works out to one doctor per 1,143 state residents — and ranks 13th best among states

and thats 13 best average in the country...damn..i would hate to have that work load

seattletimes.nwsource.com... lthcarelocal29m.html

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

Your written abuse is amusing there Tough guy!

I have done nothing but praise your obviously superior intellect, your Eminence.

I simply pointed out the fallacy that you trumpeted about receiving a paycheck means that you automatically have paid healthcare insurance along with it.

It is apparent that you won't admit that you are wrong, so we can just leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

He literally just went to Disney Land.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

i think he/she forgot to put "if" in part of the statement.....at least i hope they did

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by Carseller4

maybe I am wrong, but it seems that he may have just assured a republican win for the upcoming elections....
this might even convince me to vote for the republicans, although I have some doubt if romney would do anything about it.. I mean, he was the the originator of the framework for obamacare, wasn't he?

but if that is it, that he's was mainly trying to boost romney's chances...
well...he made the decision on purely political motives. irregardless to the laws. if this was to be found to be true, I would say that he should be removed from the bench!!

I was voting republican anyway (for the record, I am black). I am not ashamed to state it. People are so brainwashed to automatically be against the republican party without understanding the entire platform. They were once blind democrats, then discovered that they were being hoodwinked into government dependency...

But instead of being open about the republican party, they'd rather just be inactive/neutral and claim 'independent'.

Well, independent will not win in November. You can be independent, meaning side here on this and side there on that, and still choose a party each election term....overall, its about which party you feel will best suit the country's needs.
This did nothing but made me know that Romney may win by a landslide

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well people I just got another E-mail from douglassreport.com... that explain how the Obama care tax penalty can not be enforced by the current laws under Obama care, because the law makers while drafting the bill forgot to give powers by law to the IRS to enforced.

Interesting read.

But for you personally, there’s an “out” that doesn’t involve leaving the country (although, let’s face facts here, that might not be a bad option either).

You see, if you opt out of ObamaCare and choose no Nanny State insurance at all, you’re supposed to pay a fine to the IRS. But Congress neglected to give the IRS the power to actually collect that fine.

In other words, if you refuse to pay, the IRS can’t as of now file a lien or bring criminal charges against you for the money. Expect a fair amount of bullying and plenty of time in court — but there’s not a word in the 2,700-page law that says they can actually force you to cough up that dough.

edit on 28-6-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

Yeah well, I know that uninsured people already get free medical care.

What has changed? Those who choose not to work will continue to get free healthcare, free tires on their car(so they can look for work
) and EBT cards so that they can be obese at hardworking people's expense.

Today's ruling by SCOTUS allows the govt to add a layer of bureaucracy to the system, so the people that actually work can pay more.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Both parties are full of crap and voting for them is like choosing between a # sandwich and a giant douche.

In other words, stop buying into the illusion that there is a difference between either because there is not!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

but then, they could pass the law anytime, and you could find yourself on the hook for years of "tax" for your choice....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by nenothtu

Then it is an unequal tax, and some people are more equal than me if they can escape the "tax" by purchasing a non-product..

Great point about insurance being a non-product. You pay money for a service that you may never use. It is gambling.

Yeah... what's next? Buy your quota of lotto tickets or get dinged with a "tax"?

vacation in Vegas, or get dinged with a "tax"?

Aren't those both "shared maybes that someone might someday participate in" too?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yes, but new laws can be put in place to amend it or add to the tax code. Then congress can give you a tax exemption from the penalty. Tax code changes yearly so easily can be done with a new POTUS in charge and will be done.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah, they opened the floodgates today with that ruling. No telling what might be next.

But we're screwed, that much is certain.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

This is great news! Now as a country our elderly don't have to choose between healthcare/medicine or food. Now if your child has lukiemea your insurance cannot say they need to drop him or her, now if you have a pre-exsisting condition the big insurance companies cannot tell you no, now we can make sure we catch cancer early for the people that cannot afford Heathcare before it costs us millions when they are so sick they have to go and get state funded treatment.

I do not understand why some of you people do not understand how good this is to have as a country. Go look up where the US is compare to everyone else is the world with healthcare, medicine, etc. Don't we want to be the country we used to be, where we are ALL proud to be an American and most importantly we all respected our President.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by ButterCookie

Both parties are full of crap and voting for them is like choosing between a # sandwich and a giant douche.

In other words, stop buying into the illusion that there is a difference between either because there is not!

Indeed.
There are very few souls in the nation's Capitol that have our interest at heart.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join