It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare SCOTUS Ruling: Here's how they will implement it

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

Good post, but I disagree on one thing (for now anyway). I am no Romney fan, because like Obama, Bush, Clinton, et al... he is just another puppet being controlled by the globalist regime. Having said that, Romney is on record many times saying that he will work to repeal Obamacare, and that he disagrees with it. Yes, he is responsible for Romney care, but that is at the state level. Romney has said that he does not agree with government run health care at the national level. He is probably just saying that because he knows that is what people want to hear, but if he does follow through then that would be great, although I will be surprised if he does. Anyway, interesting post. I have never heard of the hand print scanner, and you have clearly pointed out how that technology can be abused and used for other purposes.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Why don't I hear people asking fro health facilities in America? All I hear is people asking for health insurance. Why isn't everyone asking fro federal hospitals, doctors, nurses, clinics, you name it. Why is the richest country in the world doesn't have its own health facilities. Why is it that America will spend billions a year on laboratories to create a more powerful nuclear weapon, but doesn't have laboratories studying disease and medicine?

It doesn't make any sense to me. This obamacare is health insurance and not healthcare.

We need our own facilities if we want to do this right.

The veterans have it and it is better than any hospital in the U.S. So why do veterans only have hospitals to go to?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Liberals fail to grasp this simplest of concepts: We have a Bill of Rights. It spells out EXACTLY the Rights you have. And guess what? You don't have a Right to a home. You don't have a Right to three meals a day. You don't have a Right to a car. You don't have a Right to a college education. You don't have a Right to credit. And you DON'T have a Right to cradle to grave health care paid for by somebody else. Those are all PRIVILEGES earned through a productive work life.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
for america and its inability to help the people less fortunate than it, its citizens, unfortunately are getting everything they deserve.

a country with trillions upon trillions in wealth, are so full of hate, that they'll fight against funding, not even helping, someone sick.

how can you turn away a sick person when you have the ability to help them.

disgusting.

Clearly you are not a US Citizen and are parroting other lies you have heard.

Not only is there health care now for anyone; no hospital can turn you away. I don't know where people get these lies from?

On top of that we are a very giving people and because of that for every need there exists voluntarily funded private charities to fill the needs. We donate huge sums as a people without being forced to do it. We even do so for other countries all the time.

So, instead of lying about us, why not just simply post the truth that you hate us and know nothing about us, so you make up whatever you think makes us sound bad?

But then perhaps you think the things you hear from crazed politicians at election time are facts

Within walking distance of where I'm sitting right now I can think of two hospitals and three walk-in clinics I can go to and get help for any emergency and by simply filling out some paperwork proving I can't pay, I can get plenty of assistance. We even have a fund that the hospitals can draw from for private money to help those who fall between the cracks.

I had a talk with a hospital administrator when my wife had a surgery last year. He told me that they can get anyone's care paid for, no matter the situation if they could just get them to fill out the paperwork. Apparently many are so apathetic they just walk away and refuse to fill out the forms before leaving the hospital with no way to get the money to keep the doors open.

Anyway, truth is nicer than the lie you posted.
edit on 6/27/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Extorted money? They are called taxes and if you want to have a reliable infrastructure then you as a citizen need to pay them.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Theres a difference between emergency care and health care. Most Americans only have access to emergency care but not health care

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Firstly, I'd like to address this

You don't have a Right to three meals a day.

Are you telling me that eating is a privelege you have to earn ? Holy buckets, I think I've found a major problem in this country if that's what most people think.

Secondly, on the argument that "if you're sick you can go to the hospital". Let me give you this little story. My father goes to the doctor because he broke a rib working on his truck. Doctor takes x-rays and gives him a cursory physical and says...(this is a direct quote btw) "We know that there's something wrong but since you don't have insurance, there's nothing I can do for you".
So we finally get him an appointment at a doctor 2 towns over who will see him on a "sliding fee scale" and after one blood test we discover it's stage 3 cancer. 2 months later he's dead.

So please don't sit there and tell me the current system is fine. The "Obamacare" may not be the perfect fix but what we have been using is pretty horrible too.

There are things I like and dislike in "Obamacare" but I still think that the current system needs a major overhaul.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

well now, this isn't good at all, is it ??
what happens when the system fails mid-emergency ??

and, i'm now wondering ...which "class" of patients qualify for option #3 ??

"A third method to identify a specific record, is to use the kiosk to answer a series of identification questions specific to respective patients."
forgive my confusion here, but i thought this was meant to "streamline" the process.
if so, how is 3 separate methods of authentication + a consistent concierge helping matters ??

and a further consideration brings me to the "content" of these "questions" ... are legal visitors going to be subject to the same system ?? what about visiting athletes ?? or, diplomats, Congress or exchange students ??
oh yeah, nevermind, Congress exempted themselves and family already ... i forgot.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Clearly you are not a US Citizen and are parroting other lies you have heard.

Not only is there health care now for anyone; no hospital can turn you away. I don't know where people get these lies from?

The lies seem to be coming directly from you.
Congratulations Jan Brewer, your death panel was effective. A patient has died.

When a hospital treats one of these poor "cannot be turned away" patients...who pays for that?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Question contents

edit on 28-6-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Thescripter

???? sorry, can't view video, conversation instead ??

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Swing and a miss.

Sorry but there is one GAPING hole in your theory.
Nothing in Obamacare or anything else even remotely close to existing mandates that you GO TO A HOSPITAL.

Quick! You better tell this to the SCOTUS before the announcement today. Obamacare's entire premise for the individual mandate is based on the theory that sooner or later everybody needs to go get healthcare.

Think about it. How else is the government going to explain how the 20 million illegal immigrants are NOT going to over-burden the health care system in the U.S.?

Nothing is what it seems.

Today may look like a victory for illegal immigrants. Tomorrow everybody may be required to scan the palms into the government database.

The pattern is always the same.

Create and/or exacerbate a problem, then provide a "solution" that's worse than the original problem.

You have heard of NDAA, right?

On December 31, 2011, President Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), codifying indefinite military detention without charge or trial into law for the first time in American history. The NDAA’s dangerous detention provisions would authorize the president — and all future presidents — to order the military to pick up and indefinitely imprison people captured anywhere in the world, far from any battlefield.

Oh yeah, the above quote came from the right-wing, racist site: The ACLU blog.

The NDAA wasn't passed in 2001 by Bush. It was passed 10-years later by Obama.

The requirement for the hand-scans isn't going to be passed in 2012. More likely, it will be passed in 2022 when the U.S. health care system has been decimated and the flood of illegal immigrants are blamed, long after Obama has left office.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by ararisq

Extorted money? They are called taxes and if you want to have a reliable infrastructure then you as a citizen need to pay them.

BS all the way, taxes do not pay for anything you think....read HJR-192..June 5th 1933.....it is all fraud, the theft of our natural resources MAKES the government/corporation liable for the national debt and NOT the people. We are chattel paper...birth certificate MAKES you a federal and NOT national commodity.

Federal is seperate and DISTINCT from national. We have a "Federal Government" and NOT a National Government. Federal = Fuedal. So many people asleep and unwilling to do the research to free their minds and speak the truth. Did you know the capital is really Philadelphia? The seat of the NATIONAL government is Philadelphia, the seat of the corporate "United States" is Washington D.C. I could go on but what is the use.

Taxes are not needed, ask Andrew Jackson, when he was president. Look at what he diod while in office. Why was Lincoln assassinated as was Kennedy for the exact same reason!!!!

Health care is a joke, mandated health care is a bigger joke. Natural foods and natural remedies work, government pharmacutical BS never will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1

Quick! You better tell this to the SCOTUS before the announcement today. Obamacare's entire premise for the individual mandate is based on the theory that sooner or later everybody needs to go get healthcare.

Is that not true?

Think about it. How else is the government going to explain how the 20 million illegal immigrants are NOT going to over-burden the health care system in the U.S.?

Nothing is what it seems.

Today may look like a victory for illegal immigrants. Tomorrow everybody may be required to scan the palms into the government database.

The pattern is always the same.

Not sure what this has to do with illegal aliens but you have still failed to tell me how they are going to get your scan if you do not go to a hospital.

Create and/or exacerbate a problem, then provide a "solution" that's worse than the original problem.

You have heard of NDAA, right?

On December 31, 2011, President Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), codifying indefinite military detention without charge or trial into law for the first time in American history. The NDAA’s dangerous detention provisions would authorize the president — and all future presidents — to order the military to pick up and indefinitely imprison people captured anywhere in the world, far from any battlefield.

Oh yeah, the above quote came from the right-wing, racist site: The ACLU blog.

The NDAA wasn't passed in 2001 by Bush. It was passed 10-years later by Obama.

The requirement for the hand-scans isn't going to be passed in 2012. More likely, it will be passed in 2022 when the U.S. health care system has been decimated and the flood of illegal immigrants are blamed, long after Obama has left office.

So you are all kinds of crazy then?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Not sure what this has to do with illegal aliens but you have still failed to tell me how they are going to get your scan if you do not go to a hospital.

I thought it was pretty obvious what this has to do with illegal immigrants, but I'll be happy to explain it again.

The U.S. health care tax is going to be a major point of contention. The Obama administration has also decided to allow illegal immigrants under 30 years old to stay in the U.S. There will be an outrage over Obamacare funding the health care for this growing illegal class.

There will be a law passed to require people to ID themselves through the hand print in order to prevent illegals from abusing the system.

No chips will be needed. Why have a chip when all you need is a hand print? They will probably extend the hand print technology into the motor vehicle code, passports, and anything else that requires positive ID. You will be able to zip through airport security just by placing your palm on the scanner. Your palm will BE your passport.

The reality is the technology is already available and being implemented at hospitals right now. The ACA will provide the rationale for passing the law that requires the hand print.

It's inevitable. It will be international. It will become an accepted part of life just like we accept driver's licenses and passports.

As an aside, a friend who works in the health care industry now has told me that their computer systems already are coded for a national health care ID number. The database will be tied to the palm print.

It's already happening.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Illegal immigrants will not be able to buy any insurance under the new plan, so what does this have to do with illegal immigrants?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
I thought it was pretty obvious what this has to do with illegal immigrants, but I'll be happy to explain it again.

You are going to have to do it a third time as well, I promise you that.

The U.S. health care tax is going to be a major point of contention.

It already is and has been a major point of contention. Have any posts telling me air is clear and the sky is blue?

The Obama administration has also decided to allow illegal immigrants under 30 years old to stay in the U.S.

No he has not decided that at all. He changed prioritization - you know, something every president before Obama did.

There will be an outrage over Obamacare funding the health care for this growing illegal class.

There will be outrage over the thing you just made up?
Forgive me if I fail to believe you.

There will be a law passed to require people to ID themselves through the hand print in order to prevent illegals from abusing the system.

You have said that many times and I have responded to it.

No chips will be needed. Why have a chip when all you need is a hand print? They will probably extend the hand print technology into the motor vehicle code, passports, and anything else that requires positive ID. You will be able to zip through airport security just by placing your palm on the scanner. Your palm will BE your passport.

Holy crap! Who wants to zip right through an airport when you can wait hours to be groped by hand. You argument is that it would make air travel too convenient? So sad for you.

The reality is the technology is already available and being implemented at hospitals right now. The ACA will provide the rationale for passing the law that requires the hand print.

Oh will they? And you still have not told me how they get a scan if you refuse to go to a hospital.

It's inevitable. It will be international.

Oh right, Obama is in charge of the planet now.

It will become an accepted part of life just like we accept driver's licenses and passports.

Oh noes! Those two things have ruined my life.

Are you for real?

As an aside, a friend who works in the health care industry now has told me that their computer systems already are coded for a national health care ID number. The database will be tied to the palm print.

As an aside, I do not believe you have a friend that told you anything. As an even further aside, I cannot believe a grown adult is arguing fantasies they made up by saying "Well I heard it from a friend."

OK PAL!

It's already happening.

Then instead of telling me what you imagine is going to happen, how about you tell me what is actually happening then? Cite names, hospitals, laws etc.

Because I do not believe you.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Illegal immigrants will not be able to buy any insurance under the new plan, so what does this have to do with illegal immigrants?

That's like saying illegal immigrants will not be able to enter the country and stay here. Of course they'll get the benefit of the ACA, just probably not legally. There will be at minimum a perception that illegals are abusing and burdening the health care system.

The backlash will be huge. Solutions will be demanded. People are pissed already about the illegal immigration, AND the ACA.

What do you think the response is going to be?

The hand-writing is on the wall, no pun intended. The hand print system is already being used in hospitals to not only ID patients, but to access the database that includes their health care provider information, social security number, and credit card.

How do you think the government is going to explain to the people how the system is preventing illegal immigrants from abusing it?

As long as the national health care law is in place, they might as well ID everybody with the hand print.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

A sick person has never legally been turned away.
Its illegal to turn them away.
So please shhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by randomname

A sick person has never legally been turned away.
Its illegal to turn them away.
So please shhhhhhhhhhhh

I already pointed out how untrue that is with a link and everything.
People are refused treatment all the time.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join