It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Good Reasons To Believe in UFOs:(or what is going on @ National Geo?)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Dont threaten me with this internet stuff
I want to meet anyone at all whether they live in england to come and
meet me and meet the people i know see for yourself man to man not on this site.

Tsk.. and I thought this board was above chest-thumping, testosterone induced comments like yours. Of course, your avatar is what I assume you making a rather weak flex of your muscle, so what could one expect.

Just be cautious - you are always the tough man until you meet the guy who makes you realize you were nothing even close. Drunk or not, online, such threats can be used to drive legal action as well. Might want to moderate your tone in the future.

As far as the "four dimensional" crop circle goes - how is that even possible in a three dimensional world? That IS an amazing crop circle.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
UFOlogy is an American past-time as old as the day is long.

TV is just another platform for it. But literature, encounter groups, seminars and the like have existed for many decades.

I wouldn't expect the quality of reliable information to increase any more than it ever has just because of a new TV program. These channels now see the money in it thanks to Scy-Fi, A&E et al. You will only see more of it.

I still do not see anymore reason to believe that UFOs are related to visiting alien civilizations any more than I ever have, either...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

It's quite ironic that Pasadena and Burbank are right around the corner from one another in a general geographical sense, so maybe there is something to what you are saying.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Dont threaten me with this internet stuff
I want to meet anyone at all whether they live in england to come and
meet me and meet the people i know see for yourself man to man not on this site.

Tsk.. and I thought this board was above chest-thumping, testosterone induced comments like yours. Of course, your avatar is what I assume you making a rather weak flex of your muscle, so what could one expect.

Just be cautious - you are always the tough man until you meet the guy who makes you realize you were nothing even close. Drunk or not, online, such threats can be used to drive legal action as well. Might want to moderate your tone in the future.
Flexing an arm dont mean nothing you just presume and also it wasnt a threat

i just gave anyone the opportunity to meet me.
however you threatening me with legal action is a threat.

The arm flex has nothing to do with chest pumping stuff son.
It is when i get round to it a arm of justice against trolls etc.

Boy you owe me an aopology sorry you feel threatened by the avatar and nice try with your speech i only just uploaded that so that is irelevent to when i asked you about the avatar thing as before
it was not that. Dont worry about it no need to panic.Learn english culture no threats there about meeting
man to man best do some research about slang before you make an assumption about me.

ON the other hand if you have a problem then whats wrong with saying to meet up to
talk about it.We do this in england we meet face to face man to man.

chill out calm down stop crying about it no need .

Dont worry i accept your apology for your assumptions and threats with you getting the wrong
idea and i am willing to move on.Are you?.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Here i changed it so you dont get upset by the pic, all better now
What shall we talk about fleabit...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I tend to agree but those first lifeforms? So soon after the earth had cooled from a molten state, during a period when it is thought that comet and meteorite impacts were far more common. It doesnt take much imagination to consider that a comet may well have brought the first simple life forms to earth.

Perhaps one day while we are sifting through some water from Mars, Europa, Titan or Enceladus we may find something that is more or less closely related to us than we might expect and have a better idea of the truth of that.

To me the most shocking thing would be to find those places sterile of life related or not.
edit on 6/29/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Spot on, the PE experiment was my red pill. They asked Einstein to figure out a way to cloak a ship and thats when he designed it and they threw it on... needless to say that experiment was scrapped.

It cloaked the ship alright.. but also teleported it away from where they were some time LATER and when it appeared back, like you said some folks where melded to the ship screaming, some where perfectly fine and ran around screaming, and some where missing.

Who knows where it went on some Event Horizon type stuff. Why can't we accidentally transport ourselves to a good place for a change.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Didn't mr phill scneiders dad when he was alive have something to do with the experiment i am sure i heard sneider say on his UFO speech about underground greys he supposedly shot with a pistol.
edit on 29-6-2012 by denver22 because: Added corrections and more

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

i just gave anyone the opportunity to meet me.
however you threatening me with legal action is a threat.

I personally didn't threaten you with any legal action, and if I had, it would not be construed as any sort of threat to your security. Nice attempt to turn the tables however.

And you were absolutely throwing veiled threats around. Why deny it? You really don't think folks here are clever enough to see that? I won't even bother reposting what you said.

I am "chill and calm" - you didn't offend me. Also, you apologized, I saw that later in the thread.. so all good imo, not all folks can do that. As far as talking about the subject matter, I saw you said you don't believe in green men. That's fine - I'll debate that with you any time however.

Not sure about the green men part. But I believe there is a preponderance of evidence that suggests we are at least being visited by craft that none of our governments are responsible for creating. Alien life seems like a solid bet - although I suppose alternate reality or time traveling or something else may be feasible. Of those, I actually think alien life is the least fantastic.

And apologies if my comment about your avatar offended you - it just seemed ironic that someone was spouting off about meeting people any time, with the avatar of a flexing muscle. I hope you can see the irony of it.
edit on 29-6-2012 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

And apologies if my comment about your avatar offended you - it just seemed ironic that someone was spouting off about meeting people any time, with the avatar of a flexing muscle. I hope you can see the irony of it.

know that is not true as i have only just changed it today to the flexing pic.

Go ask a mod if you like although i have had it downloaded i on this thread have only just put it on
like today.Your claims are void there however not to worry glad people are not jumping to
conclusions thati do not know anything about aliens as i know so much i studied all there
is and read all to do with them.

It is easy for one to make an assumption because one disagrees about the existence
of one not knowing anything about it, that is just plain stupid in anyones eyes.

I see that loads of times with the alien guys they jump and scream and say open your mind look
look do some research as if the guy hasnt already wtf.

So there is right and wrong on both sides, so we are both as bad as one another.
Lets move on and not judge avatars etc and skeptics not knowing a thing about
aliens all because they do not share the same views it is just silly on both sides so lets move on.
edit on 29-6-2012 by denver22 because: Spelling i am tired etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I just saw a ufo about an hour ago. I was sitting on the patio at my pool talking to my sister. We were looking up at the stars when I saw one start to move. My first thought was that it was a satellite. But it made a 90 degree turn without slowing down. Then it went on it's new course for a bit and then stopped. It sat there about 30 seconds and faded out. Kinda freaked us both out. It was ab object, it was flying, and it was definitely unidentified.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

as i know so much i studied all there
is and read all to do with them.

Ok, fair enough. If you've done due diligence and studied them in depth, could you give your opinion on two cases? The Phoenix lights case, and the Tehran 1976 case. Those two cases alone imo, give plenty of evidence of the existence of UFOs.

What in your opinion was the Phoenix lights? And how do you explain away the Tehran UFO incident?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Bear with me i have not got a good signal i am on a dongle

It's not hard to see the similarity to the parachuting flares of the Phoenix lights. There was a lot of speculation that these might be flares attached to sky divers, but can we do better than just speculate? Sometimes a little investigation goes a long way. SkyFOX helicopter pilot Rick Crabbs (Fox Channel 10 in Phoenix)said, "I was at the location where those skydivers were coming in ... Friday night, so that's exactly what happened -- there were some skydivers," he said. "And they did have pyrotechnics on their ankles. There were four of them, and if you look at the video, you can see four different lights."

Hope this helps

oops video is copywright cant add it sorry but read above listen pal i need to get some sleep it is 5 27 in england in the morning and i have been on this fo hours will answer some more tomoro.
edit on 29-6-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Second natural causes speak tomoro laters.Let me get some sleep
Then let me go into it more indetail with you tomoro you noticed my spelling is sucking
as i am exhausted i answer hundereds of posts per day when i can and quickly lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Oh yea that story. I got real to me when i found out he was dead.. yup a man that can't use an arm manages to strangle himself with his good arm, heh. AND to add insult to injury. His wife like, said that wasn't his body in the morgue, it was switched or something.. I dunno but fuzzy logic occurred and his wife not only didn't like the whole ridiculous situation but was able to Id the body.

What kills me is that deaths like those are so obvious. If they left him alone and ridiculed him, it would have been a wrap, we wouldn't give any of his crazy ideas a second thought. But he wound up dead. So.. it's a matter of shifting around and finding out he said that alerted them.

It could have been because he Id'd those aliens as greys.. it could be because he told us about the secret war underground.. or it could be all of it. That makes it.. exciting because you have to stay objective. And when data comes out, you just connect the dots, like you did with those "draw" books where you draw pictures when you connect the numbered dots.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
there can be no lasting solid physical evidence of transdimensional visitation specifically because of the nature of the dynamic. in fact, oddly enough, our physical universe IS the manifestation of other universes "as they exist in the 3-dimensional physical world". if you understand that, then you are already alien, and visiting their worlds in your dreamtime. heh.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

For this incident, why don't we have photographic evidence? Or, better still, nose-cone footage from one of the F-4's?( terhan 1976).

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

if aliens were visiting earth it wouldnt be for our raw materials, they might be rare on earth but out in space most materials are abundant

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris

if aliens were visiting earth it wouldnt be for our raw materials, they might be rare on earth but out in space most materials are abundant
Dave spot on, as i am sure that if there is any green men out there then i dont buy earth being the only place to mine for materials, as people keep saying there are of course billions of planets out there etc.Good call dave

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
Just my opinion.
NatGeo is in the entertainment business to make money. Executives try to supply this entertainment based on what they believe the public wants. Paranormal has been a hot item in the last several years. I think a lot of it comes from the 2012 theories. I remember when all the Ghost Hunter programs started coming out. I couldn't believe that people were being drawn into these programs. One of them was a paranormal show, and in almost every episode the spirits threw a pebble at the hosts. It was so ridiculous, but people were drawn in. Why? In my opinion people are looking for proof that there is life after death. No one wants to believe that a box in the ground is the final chapter. I believe that the ones most likely drawn in are those that have no particular religious belief. Most Christians do not need proof of life after death.
As for the UFOs. A lot of people have seen and experienced things that they can't explain. UFO shows and books (and sites like ATS) offer them an answer to their mystery. Even the non believers are drawn into these shows even if it is just to reinforce their non belief.
Paranormal is big business for the entertainment industry, and big business means big money.

Spot on. This is NatGeo's version of "Ancient Aliens". The success of "AA", has been an influential business model for any competing channels. Just as "Ghosthunters" was for Scify, now every competing channel has a similar show.
Obvious much?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join