It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming Crash Will Be ‘Worse Than 2008’ Says Economist Peter Schiff Read more: New Crash will

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

....seems to contradict this next one. While in theory, there are a "million factors that could lead to something like this", in reality, the markets are manipulated, so the only way it can happen is after those manipulative forces are trumped by more powerful forces.

Actually that's a very good description. I know you were sort of challenging my post there but you actually clarified it. It's obvious that no one likes to lose money. (Never met someone who has -although some don't care for it in the first place)

So those "million factors" are plenty of people battling it out, scamming people and the system to benefit themselves and their cronies. And some win and some lose, and sometimes that causes recessions.

Is that fair?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dxdydz
I've recently pulled everything out of the stock market. The DOW creeps back up and my investments stay down. I'm considering cashing out my 401k entirely. Right now my 401k isn't invested and just sitting in a bank account. I'm tired of playing this game. Sure 401ks have worked out for some people but those days are over. The golden age of the United States has passed.

I am also tired of constantly worrying about money to the point of illness.
With my money out of the market my stress level has gone down and I no longer fixate on it.

Kind of a slight rant.

Anyhow I agree in your post.

Just put everything in to drilling and mining and you'll always keep up with inflation, and you will never lose money. I'm speaking of companies like ExxonMobile and BHP etc of course.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join