It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla in school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
So i was looking through the site and the interweb to find any resemblence of Tesla being taught in school. I was greatly dissapointed and not satisfied with the thread. Even if Tesla didnt 'invent' some of his attributive properties, he did reinvent the ideals of electromagnatism and how we could manipulate it. And in turn a lot of his concepts and designs are still being used today. I personally didnt learn about Tesla until after grad school and i its a shame to omit someone as historically relevant as Nikola Tesla from the history books. I don't really blame suppression as much because of all of the information that IS out there about him. I'm curious as to why we havent included him in our books yet. What are your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Whatifitdidhappen

Are the books you read American?

History books are propaganda.

'Education' is propaganda.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

I agree with Piston Honda here.

"History" is a term that, despite what you may believe it is, binds a culture and nation together. A picture is painted for the people to see, and that picture becomes their understanding.

So our WWII exploits, instead of being an exploitation of the entire world by America becomes more a story about how we saved the world. Sure, we saved the world....from a Nazi threat that we helped fund. As punishment for trying to slaughter the innocents of Europe, we hired the exNazi's on to run our own science and intelligence programs.

Tesla is excluded from the history books because including him would require ownership of the century of lies our financial overlords have fed us. Can't have that, now can you? A people experiencing cognitive dissonance is a dangerous group indeed.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I agree. Tesla was one of, if not the most important figure in our history. I did not learn of him until many years after school. It's a shame. Propaganda is all history books are for the victor of any confrontation is the one who gets to write the history. Any opposing history is discredited or destroyed.

Deny ignorance fits well with Tesla and he should be a prime example of how to strive for better for a better world.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ha!

First time for everything. Our Aussie history books are propaganda. The funny thing with our history books is that they focus on making us feel ashamed. Its strange. There is alot in our history to be proud of. I envy America and how America puts a focus on the positives in many ways. Like we put so much focus on the Aboriginals when the English werent even that bad to them compared to how America treated native Americans.

Our history also puts too much focus on pommy redcoats and not enough on great men like Peter Lalor.

I guess its up to the reader in many ways to find the facts and make their own decision. History is a matter of opinion in many ways too I guess.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Whatifitdidhappen

You can only cram so much information into a student's head. What do you suggest they leave out to include the story of Alternating Current Electricity? The Emancipation Declaration? The Stock Market Crash of 1929? The War of 1812?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I think Tesla far, far exceeds Marie Curie and Blaise Pascal, two historical figures I learned about.

And i would say that the 2 weeks spent on Alexander the Great's exploits is far, far less timely and relevant that Tesla, although Tesla is not considered the foundation of Western Culture i suppose. And preserving culture is SO much more important than preserving knowledge. Besides, a man with the last name "the Great"? Yeah, no way you will ever hear about him if you don't have it shoved into mandated history books.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
First, I'd like to say that I'm very honored to have the same name as Tesla.

Even so Tesla was a Serb, Serbian schools don't pay attention on him very much. I mean, we only talked about him once and we visited his museum in Belgrade. If Tesla is small mention in Serbia I can imagine how it is in other countries.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It seems to me that there is an organized conspiracy to keep Tesla out of the public consciousnesses. Look at how many of his inventions are "officially" attributed to other scientists.

Go check your encyclopedia to find the answers to the following questions:
(answers are given in parentheses)

1) Who invented the radio? (Marconi)

2) Who discovered X-rays? (Roentgen)

3) Who invented the vacuum tube amplifier? (de Forest)

In fact, while you're at it, check to see who discovered the fluorescent bulb, neon lights, speedometer, the automobile ignition system, and the basics behind radar, electron microscope, and the microwave oven.

Chances are that you will see little mention of a guy named Nikola Tesla, the most famous scientist in the world at the turn of the century.

In fact, few people today have ever heard of the guy. Good old Tommy Edison made sure of that.

After all, Tesla was considered an eccentric who talked of death rays that could destroy 10,000 airplanes at a distance of 250 miles, claimed to be able split the Earth in two, believed that both voice and image could be transmitted through the air (in the late 1800's), and essentially told Edison to take his DC electrical system and stick it you know where.

In other words, anyone that has even heard of Tesla probably considers him to be a first class wacko.

But, the times are a changin'.

The problem is that Tesla probably could do all these things that he claimed were possible. In fact, Tesla invented every single one of the items listed above (but gets no credit) and much more. Look around you and chances are Tesla is somehow responsible for most of the things that make modern life so modern.

Earthlink.net

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Germanicus

"History" is a term that, despite what you may believe it is, binds a culture and nation together. A picture is painted for the people to see, and that picture becomes their understanding.

So our WWII exploits, instead of being an exploitation of the entire world by America becomes more a story about how we saved the world. Sure, we saved the world....from a Nazi threat that we helped fund. As punishment for trying to slaughter the innocents of Europe, we hired the exNazi's on to run our own science and intelligence programs.

Tesla is excluded from the history books because including him would require ownership of the century of lies our financial overlords have fed us. Can't have that, now can you? A people experiencing cognitive dissonance is a dangerous group indeed.

I tend to agree, its really a shame that knowledge isnt a key feature in the education atleast from what i can tell in the States. Inspiration has just as much impact growing up as it does when we are 'adult' and its sad to see that those incredible minds were silenced to protect some hidden agenda and propaganda.

I dont believe we should hide history because it would make our books too thick. We have a right to know from the very begining the great minds and events that shaped our world. Not just the ones who had the most money.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
meh, I remember learning about Tesla back in middle and high school and I know they learn about him now in schools from firsthand experience. He's not ignored.

Maybe the people who don't remember learning about him just weren't paying attention back then?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
meh, I remember learning about Tesla back in middle and high school and I know they learn about him now in schools from firsthand experience. He's not ignored.

Maybe the people who don't remember learning about him just weren't paying attention back then?

I would say then you are one of the rare lucky ones to have him in discussion at all. Are you in the U.S? What information is given about him in your firsthand experience?

top topics

join