It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thread of 1,000 Post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I've been a member of ATS for about 7 months now, and after this short amount of time, I've now come to the point where I have 1,000 post under my belt. I felt that this would be a good time to re-introduce myself to ATS, introduce myself to those who's path I haven't come across, thank those in which I've met, and pass what I've learned to those newer members that are searching for understanding with the pages of ATS.

First, a little about myself. I'm naturally curious, and rarely have I come across a subject that doesn't interest me. There are so many mysteries left in our world, and so many that we think we understand that are constantly evolving and teaching us more every time they do. I'm a parent, and that guides me in everything that I do. The things I share with ATS, and learn from ATS are the same things that I talk about with those that I love, and they see the importance and value that being a member of ATS has for me. It's my place to search for answers, and pass on information to those that search.

Along the journey I have had within this site, I've went thru many changes in my personal life, and ATS has been a part of all of those. While I'm not one to post my private things on the internet, I ask questions, and read topics that pertain to the things I am going thru at the time. The answers that I have found here are many, and will continue to be found until I, or ATS, is no more. ATS is family to me. Some of it's members I get along with better, and some I crash heads with upon occasion, but there is love and respect for all.

Now for a few things I learned along the way. As with many new members, my first days here were a blur of reading and asking questions. I learned things that I had searched for my whole life in a very short amount of time. While this can be a fantastic understanding, it comes with cost as well. I began to question some of the core beliefs that I had for most of my life, and became confused as to some of the greater mysteries in life, but yet again, the answers came in the form of words in many threads on ATS. But yet again, at a cost.

I was in a place where I thought that I had a great understanding, and wished to share more often the things I knew and came across. I'll be honest here...I was a star and flag whore...
...I created a thread for every article of interest I came across, I posted on every thread I read, I answered every question posed to me. While this may not be seen as a problem, I did it with no reserve. The point I'm making here is QUALITY. Everything I posted was important, and within my beliefs, but they were not always the most important part of my thoughts and opinions. They were done to look like I knew what I was talking about. Understanding this helped me see that it's more important to take your time, and get the words right, than to rush just to be the first one to start a thread just to get a star or flag.

Around this time, I fell in love, and it changed how I see the world, and ATS. This place is like my life and my home. Sometimes I'm here more than at other times, sometimes I'm more vocal, and sometimes I'm quiet...but I'm always paying attention. I'm always moving forward and learning everything that comes me way. ATS is a part of my life, and I'm thankful for that.

To those members that are new here, I have one and only one piece of advice, and it's really the same advice that I learned early on here, and have shared before: Always think before you post.

A special thanks to all those I've spoken with, battled with, and have yet to know...you are a part of who I am, my family, and I love you all...I'll be seeing you around my home that is ATS...What's for dinner?
edit on 22-6-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Wow? An introduction in REVERSE! AFTER 1,000 postings! Great. Nice to see you and congrats on the 1,000!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Congratulations on your 1000th post.

Looking forward to your next 1000..

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Congrats Isyeye!
Yes,this place can become your "home away from home".
But don't let it.
There is a real world out there begging for you to discover it now that your eyes have been opened.
The wonders you discover and the truths you unearth can be taxing at times.

Peace,brother,
K

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hi! nice to meet you.Did you close eye see colorful sight?

new topics

top topics

join