It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we transhumanist the superior group?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Originally posted by Alyssa

Originally posted by shaluach
reply to post by Alyssa

Biochips? ID tagging? Synthetic bodies? Create biohumans? Mankind becoming gods?

No offense but this sounds like the manifesto for the Illuminati/anti-Christ.
edit on 6/21/12 by shaluach because: (no reason given)

Then wouldn't you say the illuminati are the good guys? Taking mankind from being cave beast to tech gods. If anything it's everything else that blinds us. All the pleasures and cures in life come from science, technology and humans. Not god, not faith, not love or hope, but from science and man working as ONE.

Intolerance is primitive. Transhumanists should take a minute or two and study pre china tibetan culture and society to get an idea of what a truly advanced society looks like. I mean it. Spend some time looking at it. You tell me how peaceful contentment can be improved upon.

Of course when you conclude that living past suffering is okay, then ignoring minor issues like people crying because they are forced to marry all the brothers of one family against their will seems like nothing but a minor spiritual blip.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
welcome to the matrix

edit on 22-6-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: fixed video

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SibylofErythrae

Originally posted by Alyssa

Originally posted by shaluach
reply to post by Alyssa

Biochips? ID tagging? Synthetic bodies? Create biohumans? Mankind becoming gods?

No offense but this sounds like the manifesto for the Illuminati/anti-Christ.
edit on 6/21/12 by shaluach because: (no reason given)

Then wouldn't you say the illuminati are the good guys? Taking mankind from being cave beast to tech gods. If anything it's everything else that blinds us. All the pleasures and cures in life come from science, technology and humans. Not god, not faith, not love or hope, but from science and man working as ONE.

Intolerance is primitive. Transhumanists should take a minute or two and study pre china tibetan culture and society to get an idea of what a truly advanced society looks like. I mean it. Spend some time looking at it. You tell me how peaceful contentment can be improved upon.

Of course when you conclude that living past suffering is okay, then ignoring minor issues like people crying because they are forced to marry all the brothers of one family against their will seems like nothing but a minor spiritual blip.

So says the tortured western soul. If i watch kung fu movies for a couple of years am i an authority on kung fu training?

The tortured, spiritually deprived and brain damaged definitely support Daddy Science's non-existent fantasy of the cure all robot suit. No doubt.

I mean we can't stop war, we have multitudes unfed for no reason, murder and hell for most of the world. And the solution is a robot suit? hahaha. Delusion. Violent delusion. How about stop poisoning the earth? Sharing? Love? To hard? Not technical enough?

Death is natural. and believe me, no rusty, broken down, buggy, poison robot suit is going to help anyone avoid the reality of death. Physical, spiritual or otherwise. And the suffering that is already caused by this deranged fantasy is criminal. But it's natural. Just as the death of this fantasy will be. Already happening.

I'm not suggesting Tibet is the answer for all of humanity. But i stand by my statement that in terms of societal evolution no unfulfilled robot suit idea comes even close to the work they have already done. And ignoring it to me is really scary. The OP's definition of the trans-humanist future demonstrates a total ignorance to what an advanced society really is.

edit on 22-6-2012 by rwfresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Alyssa

The tortured, spiritually deprived and brain damaged definitely support Daddy Science's non-existent fantasy of the cure all robot suit. No doubt.

My my. Thank you for noticing. Anyways.

Your full scale attack doesn't make what I said any less true. You elevate suffering and the acceptance of it to a high spiritual form. It is always so easy to stomach the suffering of others. Telling them that its for their own good adds that extra dash of spice to it too.

Tibet had it problems, just like everyone else. Tibetan dreamtime as a permanent place to live wouldn't necessarily be to everyone's taste for an "advanced" society. Some might even consider it hellish.

edit on 22-6-2012 by SibylofErythrae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Every human being chipped and tagged for your enhanced existence. If one goes missing we can easily rescue you by activating your ID-tag. Thanks to future chip enhancements we will be able to learn faster than ever. Just think of how many people will be cured of their learning disabilities if they get chip implants. Enhanced Synthetic body mods and organ enhancements will push mankind to a whole new level. New nano Incubator systems for curing cancer for our loved ones.

You again! cant say you dont have some points because you do. But just so you know everything that lives has its overcoming even a sentient godlike robot is not free of the cycles of life. Because that is what it means to be alive, and pray tell how would a emotional creature with feelings and wired into that life from back even before it was primordial ooze even go about to eliminate those feelings and senses. And even if it succeed Its the equivalent of becoming a rock.

But i cant say I have not pondered what you are pondering op, even on getting rid of nature. Yes even getting rid of gravity and the mind and the whole thing, and I have had a beef with nature for eons since nature is a bitch, oh yes...Not very cool at all, only some times nature is cool and all but a bitch more often then not.

If you think becoming half robot half biological will solve all your problems you are wrong. And as such you need to stop thinking that as its illogical.

You do realize that all of what you said is brought about human fears, so you want to get rid of those fears. And your answer to that is to get rid of your humanity, in the end I think you will end up substituting those fears for others. But I do understand were you are coming from op.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Alyssa

My my. Thank you for noticing. Anyways.

Your full scale attack doesn't make what I said any less true. You elevate suffering and the acceptance of it to a high spiritual form. It is always so easy to stomach the suffering of others. Telling them that its for their own good adds that extra dash of spice to it too.

Tibet had it problems, just like everyone else. Tibetan dreamtime as a permanent place to live wouldn't necessarily be to everyone's taste for an "advanced" society. Some might even consider it hellish.

edit on 22-6-2012 by SibylofErythrae because: (no reason given)

I elevate suffering and acceptance of it to a high spiritual form? How so? Is that what you believe Tibet has to offer? You are suggesting Tibetan culture promotes denial of suffering which demonstrates your own ignorance. Don't take my word for it. Go take a look at the true history of their society, what their intent was, the work they put in and what was achieved. Or don't..

Yes Tibet had/has it's problems. I really don't understand your point. Was it to point out that Tibet wasn't heaven on Earth? Because I'm pretty sure i didn't suggest that. What i said was, that in comparison to the shallow FANTASY of the transhumanist society, Tibet is by far WAY more advanced. 1. because it actually existed, it was manifest.. not just in a fantasy world sold on a commercial level. 2. Their INTENT was incredibly more pure. That intent was cultivated through generations of practice. The transhumanist fantasy is extremely juvenile and immature. It is not based on even an elementary understanding of what being a human is. Do you not believe it downright stupid to believe the cure for mankind's ills is too eliminate humanity? hahaha. GOOD LUCK with that.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm not a transhumanist. It is rather likely that a transhumanist group would develop the idea to wipe out living beings so that no one outside their box would screw with their box. Its an all or nothing kind of proposition.

Those out of the box would have to be okay with leaving the box with the "transhumanists" in it alone. And if you had access to a really cool box with people in it, wouldn't you want to play with it?
I bet you would!

If groups want to put themselves into a box for some reason, I find I'm about as okay with that as the people who are limited to thinking that one method of anything is the only way. Like thinking that suffering is *the* spiritual goal. Good for you, have fun with that. Good Luck.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'm not a transhumanist. It is rather likely that a transhumanist group would develop the idea to wipe out living beings so that no one outside their box would screw with their box. Its an all or nothing kind of proposition.

Those out of the box would have to be okay with leaving the box with the "transhumanists" in it alone. And if you had access to a really cool box with people in it, wouldn't you want to play with it?
I bet you would!

If groups want to put themselves into a box for some reason, I find I'm about as okay with that as the people who are limited to thinking that one method of anything is the only way. Like thinking that suffering is *the* spiritual goal. Good for you, have fun with that. Good Luck.

"Like thinking that suffering is *the* spiritual goal"

Goal? I don't really know anyone who has had to work hard at suffering. But if your delusion dictates that's what people do then have fun with it.

What you resist persists. And you seem to be working pretty hard at denying "suffering". I never said in any way that suffering is a goal in any context.. But you keep saying it. It's your thing. not mine. Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Acceptance of suffering is for the things you can't fix. Elevating suffering to a religious state denies you the opportunity to address problems so that you have more available internal resources to choose to accept the things you can't.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Most people are afraid of transhumanism - and for good reason. It's a fact that the powers that be would love nothing more than to chip us and control us by that. But, transhumanism - and the concept of the so-called "human+" - is more than just their pathetically narrow visions. I do believe that one day, humanity will merge with machine, and become human+ á la Deus Ex. And I do believe that it will be, not necessarily better than a regular human, just another option for direction for individual humans to take. And, as a different direction than being a regular human, it will give different experiences. That's my non-judgmental side talking.

Now, personally, I would not hesitate for a second to become a human+, transhuman, merge with machinery, whatever, because I believe it is the future, I believe it does make us human*plus*, and most importantly, I do believe that it would be a helluvalot of fun.

I also believe that balance is key in this. If it isn't mandatory, the anti-chipping people (using that term for simplicity) won't have any reason to complain, and those who are willing to become human+ will have that option - if you will, to become "more" than human. What we in fact do need is a continuous debate and balance between the two sides, ensuring that we neither start oppressing human+, nor start forcing regular humans to be chipped or "enhanced", or whatever.

Spun into a rant, but those are my thoughts on the subject.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Acceptance of suffering is for the things you can't fix. Elevating suffering to a religious state denies you the opportunity to address problems so that you have more available internal resources to choose to accept the things you can't.

Ignorance of Peace is the cause of all aggression, domination, war and ultimately suffering.

Peace is evolution.

You are mad at Religions. You are mad at something that doesn't exist except where your aggression is named in yourself. Is fighting religions giving you Peace?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I'll paraphrase that into more realistic terms for ya. "Transhumanism is a haven for cowards everywhere. Don't want to deal with the "human condition? Oh that's okay just wimp out and join the Transhumanists." To say that we need to change, as a species, is a blind endeavour as you obviously don't even know what humanity is really capable of. Then again, I doubt you would be able to see much from under that big bloody rock you've got over your head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join