It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House panel votes 23-17 to place Holder in contempt of Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
thehill.com...

The vote came after Obama escalated the conflict by sending a letter to the committee claiming executive privilege over the documents that the panel had sought.

Looks like the President shot himself and Holder in the foot with his executive privilege claim. My faith in the Congress is still alive. It would have been shattered if they voted against the contempt charge.

The full House will vote on the contempt charges next week.

Tell your Congressman/woman to let justice finally be served. My knows how I feel and he feels the same way, too.
edit on 6/20/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is great news, tempered only by the fact that nothing will come of it. Lord Vader...er...President Obama won't allow anything to happen to his right hand man.

ETA: What's really disgusting is the vote was along party lines. There aren't many here on ATS, even staunch Obamites, that disagree that what Holder did was illegal. Yet Democrats formed up ranks and tried to protect him, while Republicans rightfully indicted him for his crimes.

/TOA
edit on 20-6-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

This ended his (Obama's) re-election bid. I mean, it's over. Whatever they're hiding, it is far worse than F&F.

And THAT should disqualify him right there.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer, I could hug you for that thought!
xoxoxo!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

This ended his (Obama's) re-election bid. I mean, it's over. Whatever they're hiding, it is far worse than F&F.

And THAT should disqualify him right there.

Only in a world that contains sense and reason will this end Obama's reelection. Sadly, this is not the world we live in right now. He will come out smelling like a rose.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Fox News is all over this like white on rice...CNN is doing a story on calories in pizza.....

Thank God/Goddess they passed the resolution to put Holder's, and now Obama's feet to the fire.

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Flashback 2007...Obama criticizing Bush for using Executive Privilege...oh no he didn't....

Impeach his arse now!!
edit on 20-6-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Only in a world that contains sense and reason will this end Obama's reelection. Sadly, this is not the world we live in right now. He will come out smelling like a rose.

/TOA

Sir, (now here's a first) I must respectfully disagree.

Here's why.
1. The White House leaks like a ninety year old krumping. The truth will come out.

2. The conservative community won't let this die. It'll be brought up time and again by anyone with a comp and a keyboard. Not to say that the PAC's won't make something of this as well.

3. They did somthing wrong. Who called the shots? It's already been pointed out that Obama wants a hand-on with drone attacks, We don't need to extrapolate too much from that.

edit on 20-6-2012 by beezzer because: spelling, I need a light bulb

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The current reign has been sowed. Over.

Unless its rigged. So......

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The problem here is Obama's voter base. I'm not going to make any friends here by saying this, but I'll say it anyway: they are mostly people who are happy he promises to give them free stuff. You really think those types of people care about Eric Holder? Do you really think have much of a clue who he is or what "Operation Fast & Furious" even was?

As long as Obama continues to pretend he cares about the poor, he will continue to be loved and fawned over by the unwashed masses. And they will continue to vote for him.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
reply to post by beezzer

The problem here is Obama's voter base. I'm not going to make any friends here by saying this, but I'll say it anyway: they are mostly people who are happy he promises to give them free stuff. You really think those types of people care about Eric Holder? Do you really think have much of a clue who he is or what "Operation Fast & Furious" even was?

As long as Obama continues to pretend he cares about the poor, he will continue to be loved and fawned over by the unwashed masses. And they will continue to vote for him.

/TOA
True. AND this takes away talk of the economy and unemployment.

But I honestly feel that there is a Woodward and Bernstein out there.

It'll be huge!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
misinformation - deleted
edit on 6/20/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
If the move passes in the Congress it will go to a Democratic controlled Senate. Holder/Obama are banking that it will die there no doubt.

Well, we will see. Anyone who votes against it labels themselves as corrupt in my opinion.

Might as well start contacting my Senators now.
edit on 6/20/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: grammar

It does not go to the Senate. The vote only goes to the House. Have Faith....

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
If the move passes in the Congress it will go to a Democratic controlled Senate. Holder/Obama are banking that it will die there no doubt.

Well, we will see. Anyone who votes against it labels themselves as corrupt in my opinion.

Might as well start contacting my Senators now.
edit on 6/20/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: grammar

It does not go to the Senate. The vote only goes to the House. Have Faith....

Des

I believe you any day over the CBS video that said it would go to the Senate. They are such liars. The Senate had no part in the investigation, why should they vote on it?

Found it here www.cbsnews.com...
at about the 1:46 mark.

edit on 6/20/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join