It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fly me to the Moon – for £100m

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Fly me to the Moon – for £100m

www.ft.com

Britain could become the first country to fly a tourist around the moon, after an Isle of Man-based company announced that it would be ready to take passengers on private lunar expeditions by 2015.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Wow, a UK company, who woulda thunk it

This is yet another step of where the world space program is heading. Sure theyre doing it for tourists now but it wont be long before some company decides to land a probe on the moon, to do a geological study.
After that, theyll most likely start to attempt to mine whatever it is they find. I heard that there is helium 3 on the moon, which is apparently very rare and very expensive.

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Tea Time on the moon!

It actually makes me grin!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I can't even afford to take a trip to England so I guess I'm not going. With my luck there would be road construction along the way and we'd run out of fuel.
edit on 19-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Awesome to hear.

Hopefully space travel will become more conventional within the years to come so the price will actually be manageable.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Naaaah.................it would cost billions to go to the moon.

Thought i would just get in there before the usual crowd appear!................ahem.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I can't read the link cuz I'm not a subscriber, any chance you could post the article here?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
You can only post small quotes from source sites. It's against the T&C to paste alot or whole text.
That being said. I hope someone shoves Mr. White onto that plane.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
60 years of space flight and we haven't really accomplished anything. Instead, people are concerned with making money. Ridiculous. Isn't it claimed that the computers that got us to the moon weren't even as sophisticated as the first cell phone? We're on the verge of commercial quantum computing! Isn't military tech supposed to be 20 years ahead too? So please explain. Why aren't we having lunch on Mars by now? Heck, going by the cell phone analogy, we should be dancing on Pluto by now. Tanning on the Sun. Scuba diving on Europa.
Getting told off by the Europans because we aren't "cultured" enough. Sorry but they have to fit their namesake hahaha.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Maybe they could land there & prove it can be done? I mean it IS 2012 and some claim we could do it way back in 1969 when most people were still using valve radio's and the personal calculator was still a dream? My bet tho is we still won't be able to land

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
What the hell are you gonna do on the moon

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Would be a really awsome trip. If I had the money and knew it was TOTALLY safe.
Beam me up scotty.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

oh I dunno, play golf? Drive around in a dune buggy ( just like u would on the beach), plant a flag?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant

Originally posted by dayve

oh I dunno, play golf? Drive around in a dune buggy ( just like u would on the beach), plant a flag?

Im sold, sign me up... Somebody better bring a keg or 2

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Imagine this for a Pickupline:

"Hey babe, wanna take a trip to the moon.."
"I heard, 0g sex is AWZUME"

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Actually u wouldn't even need to hire a buggy - apparently they left one there in 1969. It should be easy to find too - just look for the American flag flapping in the breeze..

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant
reply to post by dayve

Actually u wouldn't even need to hire a buggy - apparently they left one there in 1969. It should be easy to find too - just look for the American flag flapping in the breeze..

I suppose NASA will have to put a stop to this considering they have to hide that fact that they never went to begin with.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
2015 hey....ok we shall see.

Hope it doesn't become an Ibiza... Full of drunk pilling Brits.
cheap shot I know.

I'd want to start seeing demos pretty soon. 3 years comes and goes pretty quickly.

new topics

top topics

join