It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former sick area 51 employee speaks out once again!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

The press covered the environmental lawsuit in the mid-90s and eventually President Clinton issued this directive:

Presidential Determination No. 97–35 of September 26, 1997

Presidential Determination on Classified Information Concerning the Air Force’s Operating Location Near Groom Lake, Nevada

Memorandum for the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency [and] the Secretary of the Air Force I find that it is in the paramount interest of the United States to exempt the United States Air Force’s operating location near Groom Lake, Nevada (the subject of litigation in Kasza v. Browner (D. Nev. CV–S–94–795–PMP) and Frost v. Perry (D. Nev. CV–S–94–714–PMP)), from any applicable require- ment for the disclosure to unauthorized persons of classified information concerning that operating location. Therefore, pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 6961(a), I hereby exempt the Air Force’s operating location near Groom Lake, Nevada, from any Federal, State, interstate, or local provision respecting control and abatement of solid waste or hazardous waste disposal that would require the disclosure of classified information concerning that operating location to any unauthorized person. This exemption shall be effective for the full one-year statutory period. Nothing herein is intended to: (a) imply that in the absence of such a Presidential exemption, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) or any other provision of law permits or requires disclosure of classified information to unauthorized persons; or (b) limit the applicability or enforce- ment of any requirement of law applicable to the Air Force’s operating location near Groom Lake, Nevada, except those provisions, if any, that would require the disclosure of classified information.

The Secretary of the Air Force is authorized and directed to publish this determination in the Federal Register.

I pulled the text from the GPO, but it was also posted on Glenn Campell's website ufomind back in 1997. The press echoed it as well, so Groom Lake was made public once again officially in 1997. [If you look at the history of the base, it was never really secret.]

President Clinton issued the directive yearly, and President Bush (W) did for I believe up to 2003. After a while, the directive was no longer issued. Like many things regarding Area 51, they just do what they want. The don't need no stinkin' badges. The base doesn't even bother to renew the PLO (Public Law Order) that stole the nearby base viewing locations.

Come to think of it, the cammo dudes do have badges, at least if you believe the old security manual. ;-)

One thing not clear in the article is the scope of Bechtel. They ran the NTS, but not Groom Lake, to my knowledge. Maybe the dudes are on the payroll of the NTS (now NNSS) even though they work at Groom.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
The guy knew the hazards of the job when he accepted the job. So the government didn't screw him over he screwed himself over.

6 Ways to Work Around Someone Else's Denial

What POSSIBLE reason would the government have to screw ANYONE over?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
this is a real shame...a private citizen being killed by his own country

The worst part is wheres the sympathy for this guy?
He's a romney shill!, he knew what he was getting into, this is old news the government screws peple harder than this!
Seriously, ive seen more sympathy for nazi's in holocaust threads

(subliminal message)Focus more on immigration...not the goverments waste being burned in our own backyard
edit on 19-6-2012 by truthseeker808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Gariac.......I'm familair with the area. I've driven many times down 395 and across Nevada to Vegas.
Interesting protected area down the states.

Nice contribution. It's threads like these, not the big ones, where, out of no where there's some great information shared.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I met with Mr. Dunham, and spoke with him about his former career and his lawsuit. I examined his credentials which, along with specific knowledge he has about the base and programs, prove his bona fides.

As with the previous lawsuits of the mid 1990s, I just cannot understand why the government wouldn't simply pay the compensation. Besides being the right thing to do, it would have avoided a lot of bad publicity and exposure of activities at Groom Lake.

The only good thing to come out of this has been the massive effort to mitigate environmental hazards at the base. Many people were afraid that the presidential order exempting "the Air Force’s operating location near Groom Lake, Nevada, from any Federal, State, interstate, or local provision respecting control and abatement of solid waste or hazardous waste disposal that would require the disclosure of classified information concerning that operating location," would give the government carte blanche to get away with anything they wished at the secret site. Quite the opposite has happened.

Inspectors from the Environmental Protection Agency have been given access to the base. Satellite imagery clearly shows that the waste burn/burial trenches have been cleaned up, and the landfill moved as far from populated areas of the base as practical. Aircraft parking ramps, contaminated with decades worth of spilled fuels, lubricants, and deicing fluids have been excavated and replaced with clean concrete.

While the people who suffered from prior abuses have yet to be compensated, at least current and future workers are less likely to suffer.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It really makes no sense why the government doesn't just pay up a few bucks. I can understand not wanting to give any mention of chemicals used or some type of info like that, but paying monetary damages should be done.

theparadiserancharea51.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

Any chance the new landfill at the TTR handles Groom waste? It seemed odd to me that a base in "caretaker" status needed more landfill space.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

hey man i get you here
after reading all your posts here and in the other thread, you havent recieved a single straight answer
im sick of mods not answering there members on issues
ive seen threads shut down for either no reason or simple pathetic reasons
ive messaged the mod who briefly popped into here with an explanation (sort of) but no real answer to your specific question of why only this article from the source you have posted many times from before
i await a reply

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Thanks my friend...appreciate the support!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Thats one reason I couldn't work for the Government. No damn liability is something goes wrong. And they would expect me to keep my mouth shut for the rest of my life about things I'd seen and done during my time with them......well **** that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join