It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA samples reveal Michelle Obama's white ancestors.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

The first supposed human remains or the oldest were once believed to come from Africa, but I think there are even older ones found since that understanding, I think I read about it here on ATS... But yes I know what you mean. Forensic science and genealogy are worlds apart.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
reply to post by The Sword

I'd feel better if I saw the Obama's making some financial sacrifices instead of spending our money bailing out the banks, companies that end up going bankrupt, and fancy vacations etc...

If it's financial things that bother you....check this out!

costofwar.com...

Topic.............who cares?
edit on 19-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The point is that it does not matter if they are green, blue, red, yellow, purple, orange, brown, black or white.

WHO cares what color Mrs. Obama is?

I would care if she was red, orange or green- would this not be quite a significant development?

As for your question, her husband appears to care about such things..........

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wow, she's got McClellan roots?

Wonder how she feels about the McClellan crest?

There's a lot of controversy over it these days, but when it came into being, the McClellans were fighting the Spanish Moors, as I understand it.

I won't post it. It's rather racially insensitive. It's controversial among McClellans. Maybe they will change it now.
edit on 19-6-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast
post removed by staff

WTF??? You do realize you are likely referring to RAPE and inhuman exploitation at the least... those women were viewed as things and owned property..not people.

You might reflect on the fact that you didn't account for White women sleeping with black men?

I hope it was careless wording...but the word "meat" seems to infer otherwise.
edit on Wed Jun 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
We traced our family back to the Norse in 615 AD. The family came here in 1653. This is why I don't identify myself as an immigrant. We were here before the US was established.
edit on 18-6-2012 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

in counting number or great-grandparents..

2 to the Nth = number of great-grandparents...where N is the generation

Otherwise...

2 (n=2 generations) = 2x2 = you had 4 grandparents.

I also have a line of my family traced back to pre-founding of the USA, specifically 1664.

10 Generations back.

2 (to the 10th) = 1024 great grandparents 10 generations back.

My point...while I have no doubt one of you ancestors was here before the founding of the United states....I think it is highly likely that you are also descended from an "immigrant"

1776 likely represents 6 generations back...64 great grandparents...five generations back...32 great grandparents....4 generations back 16 great grandparents....all of them non-immigrants?

It's possible that you are referring to your paternal surname, handed down father to son, but sometimes from mother to son if the mother came from royalty or prominence.

either way that surname does not account for the bloodlines of the mothers.

I would bet every penny that you are in fact descended from immigrants.

Just thought I would point that out.

* I'd also like to add that recent DNA studies and samplings show that about 30% of self identified "whites" in the USA have black ancestors and DNA between 3-7 generations...7 generations being around 1750...give or take a few decades.

Keep in mind that if a mixed race child was born in the USA in the 18th and 19th century...and they appeared "fair skinned" enough to pass as white...in a world where "whites" spent long days in the sun without sunblock...then those children where entered into "white schools" raised by the white parent etc.

I myself discovered in my genealogical research that my G-G-G-Grandmother was black and lived until her death with her white husband, my g-g-g-grandfather...though she was listed as a slave in the census until post civil war when she took the family name in her late 70's before she died. AND they were living in the south! There were always rumors amongst the oldest of my great grand-parents generation that there was "black" blood in our heritage, but no one knew ...no pictures...no family acknowledgment, or stories...they didn't talk about it...it was just a mystery as to who that "mother/wife" was on my family tree until I finally found the census and burial records in the archives.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
WHO cares what color Mrs. Obama is?

Voters. Lots of white voters. Hence the reason for this well-timed PR initiative.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join