It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Doubt the Official "Story"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

9/11 happened through pure U.S. incompetence.

I can go along with that. I also believe 19 hijackers hijacked some planes and crashed them into three buildings. I do not believe in any sort of "inside job" conspiracy theory.

Yes, pure incompetence was at work here.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Reheat

Are you aware that you included a source, crossed reference in a forum from Vanity Fair?
Just so you know.
edit on 18-6-2012 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Reheat

Right and this is from Randi Forums....awesome research....fantastic...I will run right over to Randi's forums..and sign up.....OH right i am already a member there....on the most OS biased website out there.....that is the most reliable source a person could ever quote.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Reheat

this is replying to your idea that someone is off topic here...the topic is about doubts....not anything...not about evidence base so you have doubts about people choosing not to believe the OS....kinda strange as people are allowed to have doubts about say ummm..GOD.
Oh right GOD has to exist because others say it is so....So the Officail story has to be correct because others say so....I am so glad people do not just tend to belive blindly...because that would be like blindly believing in god.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
reply to post by Reheat

Are you aware that you included a source, crossed reference in a forum from Vanity Fair?
Just so you know.

Yes it was, and it was better than any thing I've seen the Truth Movement put out.

www.vanityfair.com...

So what was the best evidence the Truth Movement presented ?

Oh ya, I remember... the Paint Chip Paper.

Truthers actually found paint chips in the WTC dust. You should really be proud.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube

Oh right GOD has to exist because others say it is so....So the Officail story has to be correct because others say so....I am so glad people do not just tend to belive blindly...because that would be like blindly believing in god.

And what is your evidence for your religion, Could it be described as: Intelligence design

You preach that there is a conspiracy, yet you offer no credible evidence for its existence.
You just tell us that US intelligence are the only ones who could have preformed this miracle therefor it must be Them.

Join the Witch Hunt, Truthers Unite !!!!!!!!
edit on 18-6-2012 by waypastvne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

No offense to anyone;
Here's why I doubt the official story;
33 reasons not to trust any story-teller

Stop dancing to the drums of war.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by waypastvne

well at least some of us look in the ownerships of things rather than blindly believing....

o Estee Lauder, grandmother of Aerin, was born Josephine Esther Mentzer. She married Joseph Lauter and they changed their names to Lauder before starting the company
o Ralph Lauren, father of Dylan, was born to Fraydl Kotlar and Frank Lif#z. His birth name was Ralph Lif#z

Now please correct me if i am wrong...but does Ralph lauren not own Vanity fair.....under the guise of psuedo companies....

SOURCE

your precious Vanity Fair is not so unbiased then is it....but i know you will say it is......but thats ok...because people get to learn from me and others rather than blindly believing.

Ronald Lauder - Billionaire Estée Lauder Cosmetics magnate. He was the chairman of NY Governor George Pataki's commission on privatization. He is the key individual who lobbied for the privatization of the WTC (Source, 9th pp) -- but he also got the former Stewart Air Force Base to become privatized. Oddly, the flight paths of flight 175 and flight 11 converged directly over this airport.

source

funny how i love the way you just highlight the dots that need to always be connected....You help me out so much i much remember to thank you.
edit on 023030p://f36Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 023030p://f38Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 023030p://f40Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 023030p://f41Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
also Shall we look at another doubt....OVER and OVER in 911 threads when the possibilty of remote controlled planes could have been used people from the darkside just say it is not possible...but even when ptech and SPS(Dov Zakheims baby) are mention one gets bashed down.....

but facts are stranger than fiction....

Plane Without Pilot To Go On Trial Over UK

SOURCE

I guess I should just roll over and beLIEve cause that would be what good little puppies do.....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by waypastvne

Originally posted by SimontheMagus

I guess NORAD didn't get that memo when they were on Payne Stewart's tail like flies on cowdung....

www.airsafe.com...
edit on 17-6-2012 by SimontheMagus because: add link

Your one of those Truthers that doesn't understand time zones.

Add one hour on to your imagined intercept time.
edit on 17-6-2012 by waypastvne because: (no reason given)

Give it up already. It was 21 minutes from non-response to intercept. Is there ANYTHING you won't lie about?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Since the Pentagon footage or lack of came up.
All the evidence points to a passenger plane. Whether it’s was remote controlled or Arab controlled it was a passenger plane. If there was additional footage there is no good reason not to release it. Just like is there a valid reason not to show a few shot outside hangers or admin buildings in area 51.
Like it or not they just don’t.
Until someone or group can show that ALL the eye witnesses are lying this internet banter is pointless.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
OP, its interesting that you base your doubts over your perceived simplicity of the official story, 19 men hijack planes, planes fly into buildings, lots dead, two wars. Note I said perceived because if you go and read the history behind the 9/11 attacks by reading the likes of Steve Coll or Jason Burke you will see that it was not a simple as that.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

The point is the U.S. knew about the 2000 Millenium Plot

If you are talking about the plot to attack LAX then the first the American government knew about it was when a vigilant customs officers checked out his car and found explosives sitting in the trunk.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Since the Pentagon footage or lack of came up.
All the evidence points to a passenger plane. Whether it’s was remote controlled or Arab controlled it was a passenger plane. If there was additional footage there is no good reason not to release it. Just like is there a valid reason not to show a few shot outside hangers or admin buildings in area 51.
Like it or not they just don’t.
Until someone or group can show that ALL the eye witnesses are lying this internet banter is pointless.

Wow, five lies just in this little post.

The only truth here is:

"Like it or not they just don't".

That just about sums up the OS and those who advocate it: Shut up and keep paying your extortion disguised as "taxes" while we run rampant in the Middle East and YOU get to pay for it while WE reap all the profits.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I love how the OSers think we're so wrong for even questioning it from the start. You have the FBI covering up the Saudi involvement, the government saying they could have never imagined something of this magnitude even though they had the intelligence reports indicating a major aerial attack, fabricated evidence of a Al-Qaeda/Saddam connection, tapes from air traffic controllers being destroyed, Israelis "documenting" the event and never being brought up again (the Urban Moving Systems event), these apparent Muslim extremists who were partying it up in strip bars & what not, the absence of key players in the U.S. defense, the ironic unaccounted for 2.3 trillion dollars caused by computer incompatibility announced the day before, and just all the info redacted from the 9/11 Commission Report.

Whether it was an inside job or not, the OS is very shaky. I agree lasers from space, no planes, and atomic bombs make the truth movement look like loonies but that doesn't mean the whole search for truth is BS. It's hard to debate the controlled demolitions theory, the Pentagon missile theory but that's because this event was the first of it's kind taking down buildings in ways never seen before. If us truthers had access to whatever classified memos/documents exist then maybe we'd have more of a solid basis.

But if you really think the O.S. has no anomalies then IMO you're either ignoring them, or you really are that oblivious.

Personally, I don't think the U.S. government organized this what so ever. Whoever did organize this played the system, and played it well. But if the government is going to cover up things like the Saudi involvement then that only implicates them in the crime.

If someone killed your family member and the police hid all evidence of who funded/conspired the plot I'm pretty sure you would be enraged and seek justice. We're talking about the murder of 3,000 people on US soil and the fact that no one was ever punished for it, really is BS to me.

Watch 3,000 people get murdered. Cover up for the Saudis, then go to war at the expense of the Americans' dollars and the lives of those innocent within Iraq based on false evidence is just wrong in so many ways

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

but one thing I can say is that Pentagon officials probably don't dance to the tune of conspiracy theorist request or demands.......simply because they probably think they have better things to do with their time.

But Bush, Clinton, Chaney and loads of others have publicly warned people not to trust 9/11 conspiracy theories...so it seems they care otherwise they wouldn't address it. So if they care for people not to trust crazy theories, and they have ammo to do it...why not? Don't they fuel it even more by not releasing ?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SimontheMagus

Contact was lost at 1333 Zulu, and the plane was "intercepted" at 1454 Zulu. That is one hour twenty-one minutes.......from YOUR source

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
Here's why I doubt the official story.

The OS is simple. A small group of men made it through the entire U.S. air defense and attacked major landmarks.

In response, the U.S. launched two major wars.

The two major wars would not prevent another small group of men from performing another similar terrorist attack.

There is a logic fallacy somewhere.

9/11 happened through pure U.S. incompetence. Something just doesn't seem right about the whole OS.

I don't get your point. First you acknowledge the 9/11 attack succeeded for no other reason than incompetence and then you turn around and say "something doesn't sound right." What the heck ever sounds right with incompetence?

This is why I doubt these conspiracy stories- their proponents are literally stating that a C+ average student who couldn't even hand out bottles of water to hurricane survivors in New Orleans without slipping on banana peels pulled off the most insanely intricate and complex conspiracy in all of recorded human history with the sheer perfection of a supernatural act, all without leaving so much as a microbe of tangible evidence behind or anyone comign forward to spill the beans. I'll agree the attack succeeded because of incompetence, but logically if there's conspiracy of coverups it's pretty obvious what they're covering up- more incompetence. Seriously, if some bureaucrat drone with a cushy government job he got from his senator uncle discovered a warning of an immminent attack on 9/11 lying forgotten beneath a greasy pizza box in the corner of his office, do you think he's going to come forward and say SORRY 3000 PEEOPLE WERE KILLED BECAUSE I'M A SLOB or is he going to shred the document and pretend it never existed?

Bush couldn't pull off any of these goofball conspiracy claims even if he wanted to.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
Bush couldn't pull off any of these goofball conspiracy claims even if he wanted to.

You're right. Hid daddy and former CIA director did most of the planning.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join