It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles riots figure Rodney King found dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Los Angeles riots figure Rodney King found dead

www.bbc.co.uk

Rodney King, the African American at the centre of the Los Angeles riots 20 years ago, has been found dead aged 47.

His fiancee found his body at the bottom of a swimming pool, but there was no sign of foul play.

King was a victim of police brutality in 1991, but the officers involved were acquitted the following year.

The verdict triggered clashes between rioters and police which left more than 50 dead and thousands injured.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
No sign of foul play?

Ok, he likes to drink, but was apparently beating that monster.. Recently got engaged,..written a book.. and had roughly 3 mil in his pocket from compensation...

So what killed him?

Obviously and autopsy will (should) tell us..
Meanwhile we can only speculate as to the truth.

Was he targeted?
Has something medical happened which made him black out and drown in the pool?
Seems he had a lot to live for.. so, IMO, suicide is ruled out.
Leaves two options.
Medical or murder.

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
How is this 'alternative' news?

This has already been posted several time on ATS in the last few hours.

link   
reply to post by Extralien

Why would he be a target though? After the riots died down, no one had heard of him since that I'm aware of. He became a household name after the tape, but after the riots unless you were talking about the tape or the riots, you never mentioned his name. At least no one I know ever did.

link   
Can't swim????

Either way, may he RIP.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

more likely suicide than targeted.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
TPTB were very upset at the outcome of the King riots. They realized that when the SHTF, TPTB are quite powerless and the common man gained much ground.

They were not going to let this one go, even if they had to kill him on his death bed they were not going to let him go naturally.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

No sign of foul play?

Ok, he likes to drink, but was apparently beating that monster.. Recently got engaged,..written a book.. and had roughly 3 mil in his pocket from compensation...

So what killed him?

Obviously and autopsy will (should) tell us..
Meanwhile we can only speculate as to the truth.

Was he targeted?
Has something medical happened which made him black out and drown in the pool?
Seems he had a lot to live for.. so, IMO, suicide is ruled out.
Leaves two options.
Medical or murder.

www.bbc.co.uk

My vote is on heart attack from the years of hard drug abuse and drinking and probably unhealthy eating, not to stereotype but i have a feeling his diet especially after getting paid was not of the healthiest sort. But then again this is just my uninformed opinion.

Still if had to bet blind would put money on heart attack.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Foul play? I do not think so. They would not have wanted this long. If it was foul play it did not have much to do with what happen 20 years ago.
20 years??????????. Has it been that long?. Where does the time go?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
not to stereotype but i have a feeling his diet especially after getting paid was not of the healthiest sort. But then again this is just my uninformed opinion.

So your saying because he is black and has money he must of been doing hard drugs, eating crap and living like a black?

Wow. Ignorance is so ugly sometimes.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Where did he say black? He said "after being paid". I'm not black, and if I got paid that much money, I wouldn't suddenly say "Oh, I have money now, I better start eating healthy" and suddenly start eating salads and the like. I'd eat whatever I wanted whether it was healthy or not. I don't have money right now, and my diet sucks, because I eat whatever is cheap, or whatever is fast.
edit on 6/17/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
TPTB were very upset at the outcome of the King riots. They realized that when the SHTF, TPTB are quite powerless and the common man gained much ground.

They were not going to let this one go, even if they had to kill him on his death bed they were not going to let him go naturally.

My thoughts exactly..
But we cannot rule out natural causes due to his previous lifestyle...

TPTB can, will and do wait years in order to get some form of payback. We know how sly and crafty they can be.
Access to the most top secret types of weapons and elite skills.. a few hundred thousand in the right pocket would not take too much work..

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

People die all the time. Constantly.

But since this guy got his ass kicked by cops 20 years ago, his death is important?

I don't think it's important enough for one thread, yet alone 4, 5, 6.......

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't feel sorry for this guy anyways. He was and is always will be a scum for what he did. The LAPD cops are not better either. They were too famous for police brutality and racial profiling in the 1980s and 1990s.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

not to stereotype but i have a feeling his diet especially after getting paid was not of the healthiest sort. But then again this is just my uninformed opinion.

So your saying because he is black and has money he must of been doing hard drugs, eating crap and living like a black?

Wow. Ignorance is so ugly sometimes.

No im saying because he has been arrested for doing drugs www.freerepublic.com...
Just google rodney king pcp.

Also Im saying because he was a ghetto person (that happened to be black) that yes he was used to eating unhealthy food, whether by choice or because he lived around what are called food deserts, or places where you cant find anything but fried and unhealthy food. Is there a survey out there which was done showing percent of those who come from inner city impoverished areas who eat what is considered healthy diets and those who dont?

Go cry about his track record to someone else
edit on 17-6-2012 by Desolate Cancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

But since this guy got his ass kicked by cops 20 years ago, his death is important?

He was famous thanks to the stupid Los Angeles riot of 1992. That why his death was reported and so many deaths occured in the riot.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Also Im saying because he was a ghetto black person that yes he was used to eating unhealthy food

So you are saying " Ghetto blacks" most likely eat junk and are unhealthy. Wow! On a roll.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

People die all the time. Constantly.

I don't think it's important enough for one thread, yet alone 4, 5, 6.......

Here's why...

Those iconic images of an African American man lying unarmed on the floor being beaten by white police officers had a huge impact on what was an already tense Los Angeles, certainly within the African American community, and the way that the police reacted to that element of the community.

When the four of those white police officers were acquitted the following year, that outrage sparked into the LA riots, the worst single urban outbreak of violence America has seen. More than 50 people were killed, thousands injured, thousands of properties were destroyed by arsonists and it led to a complete restructuring of the way that the Los Angeles police does its work.

It not only had an impact around America and around the world, it really changed the way race was dealt with in this country.

Since that time, Rodney King has struggled to beat his addictions - to alcohol - he's struggled with the law on some occasions as well, but he had recently written a memoir of his life, he'd recently got engaged, he was due to be married soon - he spoke to the BBC a few weeks ago and said he felt his life was getting on track, things were moving forward, he was very positive.

www.bbc.co.uk...
But you're entitled to your opinion.
If you don't like seeing 3,4, 5 or 10 threads on a particular subject then perhaps you're in the wrong place?

They say no foul play...
None that is directly obvious though.
The problem is if anyone has paid of those who do the autopsy to ind he drowned whilst being drunk.. or had a heart attack.
If so, then that's TPTB at work... but we will (probably) never know any different..
He may have been murdered but you can be that if he was, all the stops will have been pulled out to cover it up.

Will be interesting to see where this goes.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Also Im saying because he was a ghetto black person that yes he was used to eating unhealthy food

So you are saying " Ghetto blacks" most likely eat junk and are unhealthy. Wow! On a roll.

Yes that is exactly what I am saying, unequivocally make no mistake in my language, most of them do. Prove me wrong.

It is not racist or ignorant like I said sometimes it is from pure lack of better options.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Complete, 100% conjecture. There is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE of any foul play in this at all, nothing. Why the hell are people automatically jumping to the conclusion that he was murdered?

Jeez, this place gets worse and worse.

At least wait until there is SOME REASON to have suspicion. And no, a gut feeling is not evidence of anything.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join