It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Government Bans Parks Canada Staff Criticizing Feds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This isnt the first time the Canadian Government has banned their employees from criticizing them. Anyone thinking that Canada is a 'Free' Nation think again..

Source

Parks Canada employees across the country have received letters warning they're not allowed to criticize the agency or the federal government.

The directive comes as the agency cuts hundreds of jobs or curtails work hours.

"I am aware that during this time of significant transition, the concept of loyalty can have a very particular meaning. However, as employees of the public sector, our duty is to support the elected government," employees were told.

Workers are not supposed to speak about the cuts, whether at meetings, forums or through social media. Only designated people are allowed to deal with journalists.

um WHAT! our DUTY to support the elected government! What I hear is, that Canadian Federal employees are not allowed to question theirt 'boss'.. you must support them even if they are cutting your job or curtailing your hours...

This has happened before,
Don't talk to media about your research, scientist says she was told by Ottawa Where a scientist studying the downfall population of sockeye salmon in B.C. had her research suppressed and was told not to speak to the media regarding her research, WHICH affects a large industry in B.C....
I'm not sure what they outside perception of Canada is, but if you think its all nice and fuzzy up here, think again! Harper is a whore to the U.N., the US. We are about to have our internet and freedom of expression and in bill C-38

Canada is gonna be in for a really big mess
Bill C-38 protest has 13,000 websites going dark

Oh Canada.... 'God keep our land, Glorious and Free'.. haha my ass! we are moving towards the way the U.S. works.. oppress, don't ask questions cause the federal government knows whats 'best' for YOU!

Thoughts?!?!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I see they apparently missed the class where it was learned loyalty is earned and cannot be forced. Either or its one of the dumber things I have seen...

As for your last comment would it be possible for you and others to remain on topic instead of constantly turning threads into anti American bs? The US and UN has nothing to do with what the Canadian government is doing. Constantly blaming the US for everything is getting old and is as obnoxious when Obama blames Bush.

Personal responsibility and accountibility. The government in Canada made their choice and now its time for the Canadian people to make theirs.

Canada is a sovereign nation and makes its own choices.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Nspekta

I see they apparently missed the class where it was learned loyalty is earned and cannot be forced. Either or its one of the dumber things I have seen...

As for your last comment would it be possible for you and others to remain on topic instead of constantly turning threads into anti American bs? The US and UN has nothing to do with what the Canadian government is doing. Constantly blaming the US for everything is getting old and is as obnoxious when Obama blames Bush.

Personal responsibility and accountibility. The government in Canada made their choice and now its time for the Canadian people to make theirs.

Canada is a sovereign nation and makes its own choices.

Canada is not sovereign, we still answer to the Queen, but thanks. We also do what the UNB tells us or NATO tells us, much like the US (remember, 'We don't answer to congress, we answer to the U.N.) Its not necessarily a US bashing thread.. its a Canadian government forcing employees to not talk criticize the federal government thread, and MY opinion, our government is starting to turn into the one to the south of us, and thats not what I want.

join