It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops gone Wild????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well, now it appears we not only have to watch out for the crooks, but in some cases it's the police, themselves.
I have heard of these incidents, mentioned on these websites. A handicapped parking spot at Walmart? Isn't the $250.00 fine enough? Really??? Are you serious???? Why didn't the police just mail her the ticket?

I think it is deplorable when people who have nothing wrong with themselves, physically, except thoughtlessness to park in a handicapped parking spot, but hardly a crime to use a taser on a person. But that's up to the person's consciousness and how they can live with themselves for doing the thing

Does it seem to you that police are starting to abuse the power that people have entrusted in them. I mean it doesn't fit the motto of to "Protect and Serve". Anyway here's the story, what do you think?

endthelie.com

Ken Hildebrand

TextThe latest victim of this game was Chicago resident, Tiffany Rent, a 30-year-old pregnant woman in her 8th month of her pregnancy.What was her crime? Was it armed robbery, terrorism, or drunk and disorderly?No, it was parking in a handicapped spot at Walgreens. The police report says that after Rent got a ticket she tore it up and threw it at the police officer. In the course of the altercation a taser was discharged.

Editor’s note: RT has also covered this horrific incident and many other insane instances of police using tasers for fun including: “Driver in diabetic shock killed by cops with pepper spray and Tasers”, “NY cops break into Marine vet’s home and Taser him before shooting him to death”, and “Cop Tasers a waiter for fun.” However, even more disturbing is the following article, “Tasers have killed at least 500 Americans.”

edit on 15-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Most cops are reasonable people.

Too many though, are tyrants violating our constitutional rights. No punishment is too great for those in power who violate our constitutional rights.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
You see the problem here is ..

You don't tazer a pregnant woman.

So, 99% of scumbags are scumbags, but don't let the 1% bother you... On the other hand, 1% of cops are good, but hey we must obey and serve. Or is that their motto.. I forget..

Put idiots in charge of a funhouse, you don't have much fun. Tazers must be removed from law as a lawful excuse to torture people. 99% of these retards do not know how to use them.

If it were bikies, and some were over zealous in their attitude towards bashing idiots, then you'd all call for a complete ban on said bikies.

But since they wear a uniform and hold superficial power over you... Ahhhhh meh, he is the one off, dont worry about it... ahhhh he's the one off don't worry about it.. ahhhh he's the one off don't worry about it.. ahhhh he's the one off don't worry about it.. ahhhh he's the one off don't worry about it.. ahhhh he's the one off don't worry about it.. ahhhh he's the one off don't worry about it.. ahhhh he's the one off don't worry about it.. ahhhh he's the one off don't worry about it.. ahhhh he's the one off don't worry about it..

ad infinitum...

Pigs... no wonders muslims hate them..

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
These tyranny enforcement officers are really getting out of control. There was a time when they were referred to as Peace Officers because they maintained the peace and protected peoples rights. Now all they do for the most part is create violence and act like terrorists.

Why a grown man would feel so threatened by an 8 month pregnant woman that he would have to resort to tazing her is beyond me. So she tore the ticket up.....big deal, we are allowed to express when we disagree tithe Big Brother and that is all she did, she did not act in anyway that could be remotely suggested that the officer was in danger. The cop was a prick and I hope the woman's husband puts a boot in this cowards ass. If it were my wife I damn sure would.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
We are definitely seeing an increase in police brutality lately.

I really do not understand why tasers are used so much. They definitely have their place in law enforcement, but it seems as though some police officers just whip 'em out at the slightest hint of conflict. They should always keep in mind that tasers CAN kill.

When i watch these kinds of videos or see pictures of police officers abusing their power, they always seem to enjoy it and they look evil. They like it and they get some kind of rush out of it. I find that disgusting.

Police (not all, obviously) have abused their power for a long time. with the advent of the internet and the fact that every person has a portable pocket-sized camera its no surprise that we are seeing a flood of these cases.

The title of your OP made me laugh! Someone should invest in putting together a video series called Cops Gone Wild and market it to the masses!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The police are not there to protect you.

They are there to raise money for the investors of the company which is the police force. they are a business, like any other, and investors what to see a return. which has come to the point where we have a police force which have to meet certain targets, which has ment that instead of fighting crime, they need to go round and pester people for non criminal activities, which bring in fines to suppliment the rich. They are little moer than tax collectors. Sure, there is a teeeeeeny bit of crime fighting on some level. And on one part, it's not really the fault of the officers who do the job, they just follow orders. But there is corruption, and an anti public attitude in the police, and it is FAR more than a few bad apples. That excuse doesn't even begin to cut it. The whole way the system has been put in place to work, is twisted and contorted to suck money from innocent people, and to persecute and make criminals out of as much of society as possible. For profit. (helped along by handy "laws" brought in by goverments to ensure that the police can have anyone they like, on anything they like. Collusions collusions collusions)

The code of silence which runs through the force, is another way which the police have themselves, contorted what they do into an anti public set of actions. They see themselves as above the law, and they know that infact, they ARE above the law. As the law has their asses covered. They can do what they like, to who they like, and there is virtually no comeback. get this system in place for a while as it has been, and you attract the type or person who wants to treat people like scum, and wants to kill for fun.

Hey presto, look out the window. This is our reality. Police state in full effect.
edit on 15/6/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus

Too many though, are tyrants violating our constitutional rights. No punishment is too great for those in power who violate our constitutional rights.

False. A reasonable person has no designs on controlling the movements and behaviors of another sovereign human being. None.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

You hit the nail on the head. But who says we're dealing with reasonable people. Anyway the pregnant woman looks like she may have the beginnings of a reasonable law suit. Hope she finds a good attorney. That was going too far, or tearing up a parking ticket.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
For all intents and purposes being pregnant is on par with being handicapped in the latest stages so what was the officers problem? Lucky her man wasnt their that officer may have been beaten down. Most hard core criminals wouldnt endanger a pregnant womans child.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
One of the most misleading thread titles i´ve ever come across on ATS.
So, no boobs?

Seriously speaking, it´s deplorable that someone actually woud give authority to ANYTHING except themselves.
And no, "it´s against the law" argument does not qualify as an argument.
It doesn´t qualify as anything else but as a representation of a SEVERE lack of judgment and reason.
DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!!!:

edit on 15-6-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Well put.

They have morphed into an army poised against the very people who are forced to pay for them.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
We need police to catch real criminals but I dont think the police training these days qualifies today's badged thugs as police.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus

I can tell you don't know many police. Or at least the police around here. Judging by what I'm reading almost daily, sounds like their behavioral problem is universal.

In my business dealings, I've dealt with 3 of them. I had trouble from all three. I took two of them to court ... and won. I've had serious problems with two other high-ranking hillbilly cops and filed formal complaints. Sheesh. These people are the worst. Oddly enough, they seem to think the uniform confers special privilege.

It's been getting worse, much worse, over the last several decades.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeedawg

Sounds like a good idea. Now if we could find a producer and a station willing to air them, we'll be in business.

new topics

top topics

join