It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media scorched for pathetic Obama coverage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
Wow.. I see the "liberal" media is trying to win again. Its sad when there are only a few places that will even touch on Obama's problems and as stated above the MSM jumps on and tries to crush any conservative that opens their mouth as if they have no right to speak in the presence of royalty.. And its amazing that the general public is ok with this. Doesnt anyone realize that most journalists and writers with the liberal arts colleges. And in response to someone above. Do you think maybe the reason Rush doesnt have a lot of big name people on to debate his might be because they know their only defense is silence? You cant defend the obvious.

Journalists don't write their stories. THAT is what is wrong. They do not have access to any real information, and they don't even write their own stories (unless it is oped pieces that do nothing more than prop up this charade of a political system we have).

They are given stories (AKA "press releases") that have all the facts that are fit to print. From there, they just reword it (unless they pull it directly from the news wire), publish it, and call it their own.

It is institutionalized plagiarism. That is what passes for media today. The saddest, and most telling, part is that people continue to call Limbaugh anything related to a news person. If what HE does passes for "media" to Americans (other than in the most liberal interpretation of what we call media), then Howard Stern must also be a political pundit. No one even knows what a news person is supposed to do anymore.

To me, THAT is the crux of what Limbaugh is saying: that it is a pathetic shame when a blowhard like him is the only one that will speak from something other than a White House press release. Of course, he ignores that he speaks from the GOP talking points...but that is another issue unrelated to the truth of Obama and his crimes.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I have to agree with you here, BFT. Journalism used to be reporters having a question about an issue, INVESTIGATING the particulars, and hopefuilly finding the truth which was then reported to the subscribers. Now 'reporters' simply read the latest press release from which-ever pre-approved source has something to either cover up or use in an attack on it's opposition.

Journalism is dead. The only thing being done on MSM is brainwashing and legal defense.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by snarky412

See the problem with Rush is that he's not credible.

He can't keep the insults and ad hominems and really his outright stupidity out of his reporting, therefore, his reporting is junk.

I may agree with some things he says, but he's a propagandist, a fear monger and is NO better than any of the liberal pundits or conservative ones that rely on harsh words and shock and awe tactics for ratings.

He's the Alex Jones of news reporting.

~Tenth

I agree 100%.....

That's what caught me off guard..... I could relate to some of the things he was saying about this. Normally he's annoying and just wacko but this time, he got it right.

Unfortunately, like you said, he's not credible therefore most over look what he says any more.

The media does give Obama a free pass......

I can remember how they slammed Bush every chance they got. And they still do.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I personally don't care for Rush....

However, this time he's right. I, myself, have wondered WHY Obama and his administration get little attention to their misdeeds. The MSM just sweeps it under the rug like the general public is stupid.

I stated before that I was one of the poor misled people who fell for his BS in 2008 and voted for him. But now, since I see that he's NOT all that, well, I wonder where the media is now. Still makin' a Rock Star out of him I guess.

Just another magic show, an illusion.

If he was a Republican, the media would have torn him to shreds by now I bet....

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm a journalist and I write all my own stories. Your theory is dead.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join