It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans secretly racist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I can recall only once being uncomfortable around blacks, but not because I'm racist. My husband and I were visiting Chicago last year, and we decided to save some money and ride the buses. At one point, we were in a primarily black neighborhood. We had to run to catch this bus, and when we walked on, we were literally the only two white people on the bus. I felt uncomfortable because I was worried that these blacks would feel some antagonism towards us, being in "their neighborhood". Boy, I couldn't have been more wrong. I remember a woman cheerfully got up and offered me her seat because she could see I was out of breath from running. There were no dirty looks, and no comments under the breath. I spent the rest of the time on that bus totally relaxed -- talking with people, playing with the baby next to me, etc. - the exact same way I would have behaved if there were only white people on the bus.

Shows how our preconceived notions of people can play havoc on our thought process, huh? A lesson for everyone if put in a similar situation, don't judge until you have had that experience.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
secretly? lol

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Religions set you up for this.
Everybody who is not Jewish, and who reads through the Jewish Old Testament Bible, will think to themselves, ''hey, I'm not Jewish, so these people are trying to take over the entire planet and claiming that their God told them to do so and they want to rule over me and my friends.'' If that ain't race-based I don't know what is. The Bible is the most famous book on the planet Earth and it clearly tells us that a family bloodline race of Jewish people wants the planet, and then later another group of people who are inspired by a Jewish rebel guy named Jesus decide that they will take over the planet even though they are not all from one family bloodline race. Those Christians say that anybody can join their gang, and that they'll eventually get control of the Jewish gang.

It is all there in the Bible. Read it sometime.

edit on 12-6-2012 by XXX777 because: clarity, of course

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Every large group of people on Earth is racist. Every. Single. One. The degrees vary but the fact is that people have prejudices, so what?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

That is all just babble and confusion.
Those are people that are making excuses and struggling with self identity.

Examples....

White mom, Black dad, Black child who identifies with people they ~feel comfortable~ with. The child may look and behave more like lighter color kids. The child may look and behave more like darker color kids. It is normal, so absolutely normal to fit in wherever you feel comfortable. The ''racist'' card is just a cop out, an excuse, a weapon, an attempt to control you, a sensational news report, etc.

We are all the offspring of a man and a woman, so what are we? Are we men or women? You can tell visually and by behavior or by self-expression. Most go with natural indicators of sex and gender. Some just like to stir the pot by claiming they are a woman in a man's body. Some just play games like an actor in a theater.

All these ''differences'' simply present opportunities to lift up, put down, or control others. Period. It is a big game.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

racism:
dictionary.reference.com...
1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

1. I don't think any one race is superior. Every race has winners and loser and your race is not what decides if you are a winner or a loser. Its circumstances and paths we take that matter.

2. I don't believe it is right to have any system that discriminates based on culture or race.

3. I have no intolerance or hatred towards any race. I have been around enough different cultures to confirm that every race has idiots and extremely brilliant and kind people. No race is immune from idiocy.

IMO racism is a form of ignorance. To assume that you are superior or that your kind is superior is just ignorant and narrow minded.

So no I don't think I'm a racist.

If you walk up to a city park, and you see it is 100% black, and there are black things going on, whips on rims, bass blasting through the park, older black women in their big sunday get ups and hats, 50 people with the same purple t-shirt for someone's family reunion, a bunch of lanky muscular teens and men with tattoos playing basketball, you;re little white ass is there with your two daughters wanting to have a picnic, you are going to think it over a time or two, and possibly even leave. BUT, if you go into the same crowd, all white, in cargo shorts, SUV's, no music, or light country or pop music, pasty fat white guys trying to play basketball, then you are not going to be intimidated whatsoever, and you won't give it a second thought.

Where does the racism come into that? Swap the black comments out with what they call wiggers en.wikipedia.org...

If you walk up to a city park, and you see it is 100% wiggers, and there are wigger things going on , whips on rims, bass blasting through the park, older white women in their big sunday get ups and hats, 50 people with the same purple t-shirt for someone's family reunion, a bunch of lanky muscular teens and men with tattoos playing basketball, you;re little white ass is there with your two daughters wanting to have a picnic, you are going to think it over a time or two, and possibly even leave.

BUT, if you go into the same crowd, all black, in cargo shorts, SUV's, no music, or light country or pop music, pasty fat black guys trying to play basketball, then you are not going to be intimidated whatsoever, and you won't give it a second thought.

Its not the color that matters its the environment? Or are you telling me that a black family reunion in the middle of Harvard law school would frighten you?
edit on 12-6-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

God I hate these articles.
Let's just blanket statement all americans as racist.
Ignoring the fact that there's a large percentage of other races and ethnicity mixed in.

This is just stupid.
And my family is hispanic.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Grasp your purse when you see my posts

edit on 12-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

I wonder what the percentage of black to white computer hackers is? I'm watching you.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Man! People are messed up. That stupid woman at the start is a victim of society and she doesn't even know it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
America as a whole i would not, but by party, dam right.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Grasp your purse when you see my posts

edit on 12-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

I wonder what the percentage of black to white computer hackers is? I'm watching you.

I reckon fewer black people are caught hacking therefore they are better.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral

Great point!! One that is going to get you crucified and point out the flaws in your thinking, but let's have at it anyway!!

So, is it the Republican Right, because they want to protect the rich, keep the little man down, ignore the social issues, and spend all of our taxpayer money overseas building new in-roads in places with resources to fatten their pockets, but places the average American will never see? Seems racist enough to me.

OR

Is it the Democrat Left, that thinks all minorities are victims, and they need to be protected because they can't make it on their own, and they want to play Robinhood and steal from the rich to give to the poor, and give preference to minorities with hiring quotas and scholarships, so the inner city schools can still refuse to educate, but the kids get into college anyway?

Maybe it is the Republican Right that wants to step into your bedroom and make sure you have the appropriate husband and wife and 2 kid family, and there isn't any monkey business like unusual sex, or out of wedlock childbirth going on.

OR

Maybe it is the Democratic Left that is so big on civil liberties that they don't see the value of a human life, and they let the government fund Planned Parenthoods all over the ghettos to abort as many of those little minority babies as possible?

Yep, those political parties are racist alright!! Both of them!
edit on 12-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I never understood racism. Judge someones character and not their appearance. What the hell is wrong with you people? Of course not everyone's racist, you just want more people in your boat. It's always hilarious how people are passively racist towards black people in my town, when they don't even get to know the person first.

How can you fight your fellow brothers and sisters when were all getting #ed in the ass by the big red white and blue dick? Well, that's how you rule an empire, keep the people divided. Some of the posts here explain it perfectly.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Americans are racist??? Nahhhh no way

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by DuecesxGeneral

Great point!! One that is going to get you crucified and point out the flaws in your thinking, but let's have at it anyway!!

So, is it the Republican Right, because they want to protect the rich, keep the little man down, ignore the social issues, and spend all of our taxpayer money overseas building new in-roads in places with resources to fatten their pockets, but places the average American will never see? Seems racist enough to me.

OR

Is it the Democrat Left, that thinks all minorities are victims, and they need to be protected because they can't make it on their own, and they want to play Robinhood and steal from the rich to give to the poor, and give preference to minorities with hiring quotas and scholarships, so the inner city schools can still refuse to educate, but the kids get into college anyway?

Maybe it is the Republican Right that wants to step into your bedroom and make sure you have the appropriate husband and wife and 2 kid family, and there isn't any monkey business like unusual sex, or out of wedlock childbirth going on.

OR

Maybe it is the Democratic Left that is so big on civil liberties that they don't see the value of a human life, and they let the government fund Planned Parenthoods all over the ghettos to abort as many of those little minority babies as possible?

Yep, those political parties are racist alright!! Both of them!
edit on 12-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

I thought that they both work together for big companies and banking cartels.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DuecesxGeneral

I thought that they both work together for big companies and banking cartels.

Absolutely.

The two parties really are color blind..... they only seen GOLD! (or green, or oil, or whatever your particular metaphor for money is.
)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yes, they are.
It is the ones who so readily call others "racist" who are the biggest closes racists
They are trying to cover their guilt by pointing fingers at others.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Everybody is secretly racist.............orat least to a certain degree and theres nothing wrong with it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Racism only counts if it's against African Americans, or so this article/study is written to make you think. Truth is, every racial group has racists in it. Not saying it's right, but numbers can be manipulated in studies like these.

I loved this line

searches for "n**ga" led mostly to rap lyrics, which he disregarded for this study

It is unfortunate that this is still an issue in the U.S. but at least we aren't killing each other over it. Progress, right?

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join