It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White phosphorus: The new napalm?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Sir , have you been to Afghanistan or Iraq?

These insurgents arent human beings. They are disgusting fleas that deserve to die. Please , go to Iraq and Afghanistan for a year or two , and stop talking out of your ass.

I am trying to be productive here , but your ignorance of your post infallible. You have no idea about the "BS" the military puts out.

The military isnt putting out a whole lot of BS regarding these insurgents. They dont know too. The insurgents will tell you that the women and children of Islam will gladly die for Allah. (using them as cover).
edit on 9-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

What do you think made them become like that? Is it because they're just crazy terrorists? Not because a family member or relative was killed?

I'm sure it's just because they were born a terrorist....

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

What do you think made them become like that?

There have been US citizens born to 'other than Islamic' families that have become terrorists through the exhortations of Mullahs.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

I'm a cold bastard in the field, WP is a tool for a tactic.the objective is to eliminate who I am attacking.You can debate war all you want I showed up when debate ended.Philosophy works fine in a classroom.I agree peace and love are far superior to war.but there is still war.Think harder to stop it so people like me aren't required any more.I intended and performed my job to kill as humanely as I could.I didn't need torture or fear.I treated ALL my prisoners with respect,I fed them and kept them safe and warm.I didn't fire on non combatants nor would I EVER be such a coward as to use them to shield my life ,I'd sooner die than to be such a coward.
I didn't need to anyway.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
when I said bleach I meant used commonly as....

Thanks.I was really confused on that one.

Thank you and as i said it was in no way being smart.
I just really wanted to know they were do it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Sir , do you have the cognitive ability of a 12 year old?

2nd.

I wouldn't even bother arguing with these people, 99% of them know nothing of the realitys of war. Its like beating your head against a brick wall...you will get nothing but a head ache.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Sir , have you been to Afghanistan or Iraq?

These insurgents arent human beings. They are disgusting fleas that deserve to die. Please , go to Iraq and Afghanistan for a year or two , and stop talking out of your ass.

I am trying to be productive here , but your ignorance of your post infallible. You have no idea about the "BS" the military puts out.

The military isnt putting out a whole lot of BS regarding these insurgents. They dont know too. The insurgents will tell you that the women and children of Islam will gladly die for Allah. (using them as cover).
edit on 9-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

What do you think made them become like that? Is it because they're just crazy terrorists? Not because a family member or relative was killed?

I'm sure it's just because they were born a terrorist....

Two words: religious fanatics

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Are you being serious or trolling?

You are incredibly disturbing if serious.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90
Even during war what gives you the right to say that person deserves to die.

The fact he is shooting at you perhaps ...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

WP shells, bombs and grenades have been in use pretty much since the Korean War. Traditionally, it was infact used for smoke-screen purposes, but it has the added bonus that any particles that get on you will burn all the way down to the bone. Standard practice for someone who has a fleck of WP on them (usually embedded in a wound) is to "pop it out" with the tip of your knife. It literally will burn all the way through you if it is left to it's own devices. Even water won't put it out (as a matter of fact, I think water intensifies the effect.) As for why the military still uses this stuff.....I don't know.....but I don't see it ending any time soon. When it comes down to it, WP shells have a significant physical and psychological effect on the "target," so there really is no rationale for the military to abandon the use of such things.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

You know what your absolutely correct. I have no idea what its really like to be in the military, and it not a subject I have done a lot of researcher in. Guess I should stick to the science based topics. I stepped out of my place and for that I'm sorry. I still don't agree with your view of those people not being human but we are just going to have to agree to disagree on that one.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

So if an armed criminal holes up in your house with your wife and kids it'll be ok for the authorities to annihilate everyone in the zone by any means possible just to get their man ?

edit on 10-6-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by DoctorMobius

I'm a cold bastard in the field, WP is a tool for a tactic.the objective is to eliminate who I am attacking.You can debate war all you want I showed up when debate ended.Philosophy works fine in a classroom.I agree peace and love are far superior to war.but there is still war.Think harder to stop it so people like me aren't required any more.I intended and performed my job to kill as humanely as I could.I didn't need torture or fear.I treated ALL my prisoners with respect,I fed them and kept them safe and warm.I didn't fire on non combatants nor would I EVER be such a coward as to use them to shield my life ,I'd sooner die than to be such a coward.
I didn't need to anyway.

Beautifully put

White phos as a rule is not permitted to be used by ground forces on ground forces
But it does happen, when your out of frags nothing clears a bunker position like it
It's main use is for a smoke screen, it explodes and creates an instant smoke screen
Where as powder smoke grenades 'puff' out and require time to 'build' and are much more affected by the wind direction and strength

And plenty of phos gets used in flares

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
White phosphorous is not the new napalm; their use is completely different. Napalm, which was used primarily in the Vietnam conflict, was used to burn out large areas of jungle in a very short time - an effort to take out as many VC as possible in the shortest amount of time while destroying the foliage they use to hid in. WP is generally used to flush out enemies from a stronghold; death not being their primary purpose.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

WP, or "Willie Pete" as it is known to those that work with it, burns as a result of a chemical reaction. Once it starts burning, there is only a couple of ways it can be extinguished. It will burn until it burns out, and it will burn through virtually everything. Having said that, WP is not being used as a new type of napalm. In fact the two substances couldn't be more different. Napalm, FAE (Fuel Air Explosive) weapons, etc were deemed "inhumane" and "excessive" and were outlawed in warfare years ago by the UN, NATO, as well as other international organizations. WP has a practical application, such as underwater welding and search and rescue markers, activated by salt water, like the MK-58 and MK-25 MLM (Marine Location Marker). Basically, WP is used to start a fire that can't be extinguished, and is meant to be used on armored vehicles and structures, not people.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

It's fairly said that white phosphorus is being used by the military as much as bleach.

The article states that White Phosphorus are generally designed to be used as smokescreens, but all you need is dense smoke, why does that smoke need to be corrosive?

I really hope they stop using this weapon.
Torture and now a next-gen napalm?

It's pretty scary

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I thought white phosphorous was supposed to be outlawed? Since when the hell did we start using that crap? Even water will not put it out it burns even hotter in water and the human body is 80% water.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Your replying to the wrong person I think?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
these care soldiers in a warzone they are going to do what needs to be done to get enemy combatants
tes it is sad that enemy uses human shields but that is way they were trained they are trying to make us look like the great evil invading horde killing women and children with our vicious weapons. but you dont understand they put the civilians in harms way just for that purpose. do we need to be in afganistan no i think we should be be in saudi arabia them the ones who started this whole mess their citizens were the ones who attacked us and they were the one bankrolling the operation not afganistan.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i remeber Israel have been criticised for using white phosphorus. It is legal only to be used in non-civillian situations. It's supposed use is as a smoke screen but a 'handy' side effect is that it sticks to the skin and cuts to the bone. Of course people don't play by the rules in war, that's what makes it so horrific for the civillians caught up in it.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

So , it is similar to what is commonly known as Thermite ?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think Napalm is way more humane, not least because you can actually put it out under water. However white phosphorus isn't as bad (in my view) as depletive uranium -because that will carry on killing literally hundreds of millions of years after the war is finished (it's half-life is 4.68 billion years, and although it only releases Alpha & Beta radiation, these are harmful when emitted at point blank range into the body's cells i.e. by a vaporized particle of the original shell.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join