It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rockefeller Foundation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hi ATS.

Found this research paper by the Rockefeller Foundation.
I decided to dissect it.

I must disclose this is a hypothetical paper but i found it interesting nonetheless.
Let´s see if these people can ´predict´ the future.

Scenarios for the Future of Technology and International Development

The Rockefeller Foundation supports work that expands opportunity and strengthens resilience to social, economic, health, and environmental challenges—affirming its pioneering philanthropic mission, since 1913, to “promote the well-being” of humanity. We take a synergistic, strategic approach that places a high value on innovative processes and encourages new ways of seeking ideas, to break down silos and encourage interdisciplinary thinking.

Opening statement by the president of the Rockefeller Foundation,Judith Rodin.

Introduction

The goal of this project was not to affirm what is already known and knowable about what is happening right now at the intersections of technology and development. Rather, it was to explore the many ways in which technology and development could co-evolve—could both push and inhibit each other—in the future, and then to begin to examine what those possible alternative paths may imply for the world’s poor and vulnerable populations. Such an exercise required project participants to push their thinking far beyond the status quo, into uncharted territory.

4 different futures

LOCK STEP – A world of tighter top-down government control and more authoritarian eadership, with limited innovation and growing citizen pushback

CLEVER TOGETHER – A world in which highly coordinated and successful strategies emerge for addressing both urgent and entrenched worldwide issues

HACK ATTACK – An economically unstable and shock-prone world in which governments weaken, criminals thrive, and dangerous innovations emerge

SMART SCRAMBLE – An economically depressed world in which individuals and communities develop localized, makeshift solutions to a growing set of problems

Now we´re going to take a look at how each future might look like according to the Rockefeller Foundation.

LOCK STEP

In 2012, the pandemic that the world had been anticipating for years finally hit. Unlike 2009’s H1N1, this new influenza strain—originating from wild geese—was extremely virulent and deadly. Even the most pandemic-prepared nations were quickly overwhelmed when the virus streaked around the world, infecting nearly 20 percent of the global population and killing 8 million in just seven months, the majority of them healthy young adults.

According to the Rockefeller Foundation this will lead to a more authoritive government with it citizens willingly giving up their sovereighnity.

At first, the notion of a more controlled world gained wide acceptance and approval. Citizens willingly gave up some of their sovereignty—and their privacy—to more paternalistic states in exchange for greater safety and stability. Citizens were more tolerant, and even eager, for top-down direction and oversight, and national leaders had more latitude to impose order in the ways they saw fit. In developed countries, this heightened oversight took many forms: biometric IDs for all citizens, for example, and tighter regulation of key industries whose stability was deemed vital to national interests.

This form of government will eventually grow people weary of their governments and leaders according to the paper.

By 2025, people seemed to be growing weary of so much top-down control and letting leaders and authorities make choices for them. Wherever national interests clashed with individual interests, there was conflict. Sporadic pushback became increasingly organized and coordinated, as disaffected youth and people who had seen their status and opportunities slip away—largely in developing countries—incited civil unrest

These are some of the main points in this ´future´

Here are the other headlines.

CLEVER TOGETHER

The recession of 2008-10 did not turn into the decades-long global economic slide that many had feared. In fact, quite the opposite: strong global growth returned in force, with the world headed once again toward the demographic and economic projections forecasted before the downturn.

But two big problems loomed. First, not all people and places benefited equally from this return to globalized growth: all boats were rising, but some were clearly rising more. Second, those hell-bent on development and expansion largely ignored the very real environmental consequences of their unrestricted growth. Undeniably, the planet’s climate was becoming increasingly unstable. Sea levels were rising fast, even as countries continued to build-out coastal mega-cities.

Headlines in clever together:

HACK ATTACK

Devastating shocks like September 11, the Southeast Asian tsunami of 2004, and the 2010 Haiti earthquake had certainly primed the world for sudden disasters. But no one was prepared for a world in which large-scale catastrophes would occur with such breathtaking frequency. The years 2010 to 2020 were dubbed the “doom decade” for good reason: the 2012 Olympic bombing, which killed 13,000, was followed closely by an earthquake in Indonesia killing 40,000, a tsunami that almost wiped out Nicaragua, and the onset of the West China Famine, caused by a once-in-a-millennium drought linked to climate change.

In the context of weak health systems, corruption, and inattention to standards—either within countries or from global bodies like the World Health Organization—tainted vaccines entered the public health systems of several African countries. In 2021, 600 children in Cote d’Ivoire died from a bogus Hepatitis B vaccine, which paled in comparison to the scandal sparked by mass deaths from a tainted anti-malarial drug years later. The deaths and resulting scandals sharply affected public confidence in vaccine delivery; parents not just in Africa but elsewhere began to avoid vaccinating their children, and it wasn’t long before infant and child mortality
rates rose to levels not seen since the 1970s

SMART SCRAMBLE

The global recession that started in 2008 did not trail off in 2010 but dragged onward. Vigorous attempts to jumpstart markets and economies didn’t work, or at least not fast enough to reverse the steady downward pull. The combined private and public debt burden hanging over the developed world continued to depress economic activity, both there and in developing countries with economies dependent on exporting to (formerly) rich markets. Without the ability to boost economic activity, many countries saw their debts deepen and civil unrest and crime rates climb. The United States, too, lost much of its presence and credibility on the international stage due to deepening debt, debilitated markets, and a distracted government. This, in turn, led to the fracturing or decoupling of many international collaborations started by or reliant on the U.S.’s continued strength.

CONTINUED

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

By 2025, collaboration was finally improving, with ecosystems of research and sharing—many of them “virtual”—beginning to emerge. Yet without major progress in global economic integration and collaboration, many worried that good ideas would stay isolated, and survival and success would remain a local—not a global or national—phenomenon

Headlines in Hack Attack:

Concluding Thoughts

As you have seen, each of the scenarios, if it were to unfold, would call for different strategies and have different implications for how a range of organizations will work and relate to changes in technology. But no matter what world might emerge, there are real choices to be made about what areas and goals to address and how to drive success toward particular objectives.

We hope that reading the scenario narratives and their accompanying stories about philanthropy, technology, and people has sparked your imagination, provoking new thinking about these emergent themes and their possibilities. Three key insights stood out to us as we developed these scenarios.

I hope you take the time to read this interesting document for yourself.
It's about 52 pages long and talks about the situations mentioned above indepth.

Furthermore the paper talks about how Life and Technology would look like for the 4 futures mentioned above.

To me it was a really interesting read but too much information to lay it all out right here.

Full Paper Here

Any thoughts on this?

Futureplan laid out for the world? or a thinkthank forseeing potential problems and offering solutions to these problems?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Quite an interesting forecast and considering the state of play they all hold some perspective in how things are going and where they are going. A failing of standards and practice in international law is very much a part of the decent and breakdown of social cohesion that all of these senairos represent. Cultural complexity and power struggle leave it to those with the power to decide for themselves what the norms and cultural acceptances are.

The management of conflict resolution is one key topic that does need some attention to avoid a lot of these future cataclisims. A movement towards simplifying the rights and responsibilites rather than adding more lengthy and confusing documentation will help. There are still many social functions that do require a lot of documentation, but to establish some common ground it does need to be short, consise, easy to undersand and to the point. With clearer aims and motiviations of the law it will cut through a lot of the technacilites that are sometimes detrimental to legal application and enforcement.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

First off thanks for your reply

Quite an interesting forecast and considering the state of play they all hold some perspective in how things are going and where they are going. A failing of standards and practice in international law is very much a part of the decent and breakdown of social cohesion that all of these senairos represent.

This indeed seems to be a prevalent theme throughout the document.

I really wonder how this failing of standards, as you call it, will play out.

The management of conflict resolution is one key topic that does need some attention to avoid a lot of these future cataclisims. A movement towards simplifying the rights and responsibilites rather than adding more lengthy and confusing documentation will help. There are still many social functions that do require a lot of documentation, but to establish some common ground it does need to be short, consise, easy to undersand and to the point. With clearer aims and motiviations of the law it will cut through a lot of the technacilites that are sometimes detrimental to legal application and enforcement.

What more can i add really?
Let me ask you if you think this will ever happen?

I mean the rules surrounding taxes etc have gone from a couple of pages to several hundred pages of rules and exceptions etc.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Realistically, not a chance in hell. Just too much special interests and complexity tied up in the system. The passing of Obamacare is just one example of how bad things are, none of the politicians even had a chance to read it let alone discuss it before voting for it. Considering the length of this package and just how divided and argumentative congress can be, they would be debating until the end of time over it. However, for the basic aims, goals, boundaries and direction of Obamacare it is important congress does have these debates.

The only way that I can see a common sense of justice restored is through a revolution. More people are starting to wake up to just how deep the deceptions and corruption go. A few don't care, some are scared, many are frustrated. The way things are, it is not until it is in the self interest of the majority until a stand is made. OWS is a sign that the pressure is building, but there is still some way to go until the tipping point is reached. Incursion into Syria and escalation of global tensions is adding more stress to the situation. If the US can push through without a global collapse, then it's next stop in Iran will have the nuclear option firmly on the table. Tension will be tight everywhere.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
the rockfeller foundation is found by zionist jews trying to manipulate the economy. in reality the zionist jews and their rockfeller puppets belong IN the oven. the world would be much better off without them

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Let me tell you something that is not Hypothetical - Rockefeller can no longer stand the public backlash from the monster he created. as well as he is older than dirt. I do not believe he will see 2013... the problem is his replacement is worse than he.

edit on 11-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hatezionist

fly-by poster.

glad you and your hatefull coments are banned.

thanks for stopping by though.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The document certainly is interesting. What I did find disturbing was the story of making 'genetically modified meat' that had less fat and was more nutritious. The fact that we already have genetically modified crops scares me because who really knows what's in it or what the side effects will be down the road?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Not exactly the same thing but a couple of weeks ago there was a thread about meat grown in a lab.

But i agree with your premise that gmo meat is a disturbing trend.

Gmo crops and veggies are already causing harm in the form of superweeds and bugs.

Yesterday i read an article about a peer reviewed study conducted in India that showed bt toxins in human blood and undeveloped children.

According to the pro-GMO people this toxin would break down in the gut but it doesn't.
Another lie that was fed to us.

GMO's are going to bite us in the ass big time but that might have been their intention all along.

What i found interesting about this study were certain predictions like the outbreak of a new pandemix that will kill millions.
That theoretical scenario is supposed to happen in 2012, so lets see if they can predict the future or that this paper is purely hypothetical or not.

Thanks for stopping by!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

With GM crops, the terminator gene is the most concerning one at the moment. It is used to protect patient rights and force the farmer back to the seed supplier as the crops are infertile. Generational studies have shown that this does lead to infertility in animals that feed of this product by the third generation, along with a few other abnormalities.

While ignorance is part of the reason this has been allowed to happen, the soft kill approach to population control is the most likely justification for its continuance.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

It has been well established that the RNA (active proteins encoded from the DNA that control cell processes) do pass from the food we eat and into our own cells. We literally are what we eat.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

What would you prefer though. I mean at the moment people are fed Pink slime. Meat discards that would normally be used for pet food, but treated with ammonia so it is fit for human consumption. I think I would rather have genetically modified meat.

The article is very interesting. I will take a look at the 52 pages, but as far as the information presented in the OP, I would say that we are most likely headed in SMART SCRAMBLE scenario.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

let me know what you´ll find mate

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Hey,

I'm coming back from 2021...

I've just accidentally came upon the mentioned document/report from 2010.

We are heading towards "Lock Step" scenario, that's for sure.
...and to be completely honest I am stunned how acurate the pandemic plot has been described there.

Its not easy to find this document after 11 years. The Rockefeller Foundation took it down from their own website (was it too accurate, that would look too suspicious?)

Here's the link if sbd would like to see that with his own eyes (Lock Step scenario - page 18):
www.nommeraadio.ee/meedia/pdf/RRS/Rockefeller%20Foundation.pdf

edit on 23-6-2021 by jackovsky because: Not working link update.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Have that PDF archived here:
Scenarios for the Future of Technology

Lock Step

Much more relevant to world's stage, if you have the time...Meet the World Economic Forum

top topics

join