It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Christian fundamentalists plan to teach genocide to schoolchildren

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Nah you are right, but someone felt the need to bash christians today...

BTW Im a convinced atheist so dont even bother with me...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If I read the article correctly .... it's a Christian club that is teaching to children who have asked to be there. They aren't teaching in front of a public school classroom. They are teaching to club members. Is this an after school activity or something?

Don't schools have all sorts of clubs that meet after school hours?

Or am I reading this wrong?

Fair enough. I assume you will have no problem when the local Satanic High Priest holds voluntary after-school classes in Satanism.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

Okay, thanks.

So if it's just an after school christian club that is meeting and discussing the bible with people who said they wanted to be there and it isn't at all like the inflammatory title of the thread says ... then what's the problem?

Someone want to tell me what the problem here is?

This isn't being taught in the classroom to public school kids.
It's a voluntary meeting of like-minded people. It's not on the taxpayers dime.
I don't see any violence being taught .. just historical text.

If someone can come up with a reason why this shouldn't be happening (other than your own disagreement with their religion) ... I'm all ears ... tell me. I'll listen. But it looks just like an after school club meeting to me ....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Fair enough. I assume you will have no problem when the local Satanic High Priest holds voluntary after-school classes in Satanism.

Good question. I had to think about that. I don't know much about satanism.

If a satanic club with kids was meeting, I guess I wouldn't have a problem with it unless they included discussions on how to perform animal sacrifice and that kind of thing. (if Satanists don't include blood rituals .. my apologies to them. Like I said - I don't know much about it) It could go against the 'animal cruelty' laws of the town if animals are involved. As long as no hate-mongering (* go out and harm those who don't believe like us) or violence or animal cruelty was being taught or practiced, I don't think I'd have a problem with it.

Ditto the wiccans. (who I think have one of the most gentle religions on the planet).
*Harm ye none.

I see no problem with people of like mind having clubs and getting together to discuss their interests.
(As long as those discussions aren't harmful to others)

Good question DJW001!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Right...so just because someone reads about king Saul who was an Israelite who lived 3000 years ago in a different time where it was kill or be killed and if you spared any of your enemies they would grow up to come kill you in your sleep later in life, naturally that means christians will obey that baloney instead of Jesus. Dude you are stupid and this is nothing but propaganda when my brothers and sisters were being slaughtered at the hands of the Romans, being burned at the stake and thrown to lion and gladiators for sport, they did not fight back, they just died for their beliefs they didn't fight back or murder, but were murdered instead.

I pity you if you cannot tell the difference between a real believer in Jesus and someone who advocates murder.
edit on 5-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Substitute Muhammad for Jesus and it's no different. And remember, Islam is the "religion of peace," too!

What's the difference? A real believer in Jesus/Allah is all the same thing. They quote from their holy book of rules and use it to justify WHATEVER THEY WANT.

It's why the only true way is through Atheism, for religion is a form of mental illness.

The subject matter here is all about religious brainwashing. Teaching fairy stories to kids instead of Facing Reality.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I fully agree with your response and it was well articulated, may I add that so many anti christains not even true atheists are responsible for the moral decay of the world. A true atheist would have no fear of a christain god because he doesn't exist. Do not blame Christains for your total lack moral responsibility, just as other civilizations who have gone down this path to destruction, without Jesus we too are doomed for the same fate, I believe sooner than later.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Most did....but there's plenty who are reviving it this century - especially in the US!

Really and where is this group of Christian Jihadist?

You can always find a nut-job or two in any group religious or not. But there is no faction in Christianity today that is waging war in the name of Christianity in an effort to convert the world to its belief system. So you can stop the sensationalism and dramatics now, thank you for your cooperation...

Education Time! I want you to look up the word DOMINIONISM. Most Christians who are a part of this wonderfully fun group you could say are the American equivalent of the Taliband. They form the core belief system of a group once called the Moral Majority which went on to take over the Republican Party right here in America. They take every word of Biblical scripture seriously and think it's their duty to embrace Armageddon so Jesus will return to Earth, purge the Evil Doers (like Muslims, Atheists, and other scum) and form a new worldwide Christian planet. One of these guys would just Love to get their hands on a nuclear missle, because if a nuclear war starts, Jesus will cast an umbrella-like shield across American, thereby preventing its destruction.
Don't believe me? Watch the 700 Club and other Total BS shows where the likes of Jerry Falwell's buddies shovel this crud onto the masses.

Christians are just as peaceful as Islam is the "religion of peace"

It's why I'm an Atheist, since I'm living in the Real World and don't take the word of ancient childrens' fables as Reality.

The price I pay is near-total Alienation.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
no surprise there ... christianity always has been and always will be the biggest cause of murder on the planet ... world would be far better off without christians and their bloodthirsty , barbaric , intolerant primitive superstition that only brings death ....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT

Click here for more information.

I never asked for "special treatment" unless you mean my simple $10 an hour job working in a factory alongside a lot of uneducated people (but they're "better" than me, apparently, because they have Jesus or Allah on their side!).

I take a look in the mirror all the time. I still see the same guy with the graying hair. No tattoos. No body piercings. No implants. No green or dyed hair. Just a guy who wants to Live but is having trouble without a job and without medical insurance.

I'm an Atheist and I'm discriminated against. Plain and simple. I mind my own business, I keep my mouth shut, but that's not good enough in modern America these days.

I can't get a life for I can't get a wife much less a girlfriend. See, when they find out that I don't follow their sacred kiddie story book and don't Worship an invisible guy in the sky the whole Pattern starts over and over again. I'm shunned and ditched. I get the same treatment from my yuppie neighbors (who live in McMansions) but for different reasons: because I'm not a millionaire I'm Nothing to them in their world but someone to Serve them as the lowest of the low. And I'll have none of that, thank you very much.

edit on 6/6/2012 by TheRedneck because: removed ill-mannered quote

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The article basically tries to hide the fact that it's an afterschool program. It almost makes it sound like these kids are being taught this garbage during school hours and as part of curriculum. If that were the case, I'd be up in arms, but if people want to expose their children to that kind of sick content on their own time, who cares?

I hold a small amount of resentment toward any organized religion as I found "god" just fine on my own. You can bet that my daughter would be far away from the Good News Club if they invade our school system. Unless she's all gung ho about it, then, i guess, it's her call. I also hold a small amount of resentment toward foreign newspapers who spin and twist stories to sensationalize something in MY home nation.

I disagree with the content of their lessons and with the thought behind it (children should NOT be obedient, that's how the world's problems persist) but this is 'Murrica after all, they're free to be unintelligent.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
More culture war tit-for-tat

OP is upset because someone has free speech, and is "allowed" to present their viewpoint after hours, on public property. If the facility is open for use by the public after school lets out, they have to let the public use it, without censoring the content.

This is why outright atheism is such a tough sell in America (as is outright religious fanaticism): Americans relish the "public square" as a market-place of ideas, where the consumer gets to pick and choose the flavor they like.

Controllers can't stand that. Christian controllers have far more in common with Atheist controllers than either sect does with the majority of Americans.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

OP is upset because someone has free speech, and is "allowed" to present their viewpoint after hours, on public property. If the facility is open for use by the public after school lets out, they have to let the public use it, without censoring the content.

This is why outright atheism is such a tough sell in America (as is outright religious fanaticism): Americans relish the "public square" as a market-place of ideas, where the consumer gets to pick and choose the flavor they like.

Controllers can't stand that. Christian controllers have far more in common with Atheist controllers than either sect does with the majority of Americans.

tit-for-tat pretty much sum it up. this "well if THEY can do THAT then WE can do THIS" mentality is infecting all of American society these days. Whether it's all the racist garbage (on both sides) surrounding the Zimmerman-Martin shooting or the fanboy outrage at the ending of Mass Effect 3, everybody wants their own social experience to dictate how real world events play out. You see it in the fundie christian argument against islam, too. All you have to do is give some people a group to belong to or a platform to stand on and they'll sit and spew acid trash all day.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I am guilty of Christian bashing, and I need to stop.

On topic: These people are not Christians. They have no idea who Christ is, or what he represents. These are the same cowards who hid behind the Feminist movement to further their agenda of degrading anything and everything with a penis. The people who hide behind political ideologies to further their agendas for globalization.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
christianity always has been and always will be the biggest cause of murder on the planet ...

:shk: Got proof of that? Nope. Didn't think so.

Every so often some poster here spouts this nonsense. Sure, people have killed in the name of Christianity - whatever their particular version of it is - but it is NOT the 'biggest cause of murder on the planet'. Not even close. That's absurd.

Communism and Marxism 'cleansings' of disbelievers in the systems. Hitler's Nationalism. Genghas Khan. Islam. Old Testament Judaism. Political expansions of borders all over the planet. Slavery (not just Africans but any group of people). Japanese Feudal wars. The Killing Fields of Vietnam (and others). Barbary Pirates. Ottoman empire expansion. Roman empire expansion. etc etc etc

Killing in the name of Christianity definately is NOT 'the biggest cause of murder on the planet'.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Expat888
christianity always has been and always will be the biggest cause of murder on the planet ...

:shk: Got proof of that? Nope. Didn't think so.

Every so often some poster here spouts this nonsense. Sure, people have killed in the name of Christianity - whatever their particular version of it is - but it is NOT the 'biggest cause of murder on the planet'. Not even close. That's absurd.

Communism and Marxism 'cleansings' of disbelievers in the systems. Hitler's Nationalism. Genghas Khan. Islam. Old Testament Judaism. Political expansions of borders all over the planet. Slavery (not just Africans but any group of people). Japanese Feudal wars. The Killing Fields of Vietnam (and others). Barbary Pirates. Ottoman empire expansion. Roman empire expansion. etc etc etc

Killing in the name of Christianity definately is NOT 'the biggest cause of murder on the planet'.

so, if you add the death tolls up from all of those various slaughters, that's how many people christians have killed?!
whoa, man. that's bad.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
if you add the death tolls up from all of those various slaughters, that's how many people christians have killed?

No.

The statement was that Christianity has murdered the most people on the planet.
I gave a very brief list of other things that people have been involved in that have
murdered more people than Christianity has. Each one of those things I listed
have very high murders/homicides associated with them. And it's not a
complete list. Not even close.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

Atheist controllers, eh? In common? Well, how about the numbers game. I think 1 to 10 percent of the population in my country is atheist/agnostic, and of that only a fraction are "controllers" and they don't even have a Bible in print much less a Church!

I think you're confusing Atheists with Scientologists.

The problem I have with the majority of Americans is that they're sheeple.
Life to them is all about sports heroes and Hollywood celebrities. They are told what to believe and what not to believe. They are not told to question anything. Quite to the contrary they're told that questioning is a bad thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join