It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant Voter Intimidation and Invasion of Voters Privacy Tactics at Work in Wisconsin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Blatant voter-intimidation and invasion of privacy by democrats in Wisconsin - (thought I would balance the board, considering the other thread claiming the republicans were engaged in voter suppression in Wisconsin)

Political Mailing Causes Outrage Among Voters

I was outraged. It’s my private information and it’s being sent to everybody all over the neighborhood,” Eric Zimmerman, who received the mailing at his New Berlin home said Monday — one day before voters take to the polls in Wisconsin’s recall election. The mailing tells Zimmerman’s neighbors he voted in November 2008 and again in 2010.

People throughout the state are blogging and complaining about the organization that sent the mailing. It’s called the Greater Wisconsin Political Fund. It’s a Madison-based group with Democratic and labor ties. The mailer contains a United Steel Workers logo in the corner.

The group’s website says after the June 5th election, public records will tell everyone who voted and who didn’t. The site urges people to vote.

That's invasion of privacy and intimidation of voters. The left wing ACLU backs the right of the democrats and the unions to mail the voter information out. But because the law may support the intimidation tactics of the left wing of Wisconsin, doesn't make it right.

It's no ones freak'n business who votes .. how often they vote .. etc etc
The democratic organization (with labor ties) is intimidating voters in the election.

Scratch the surface of the mailing ... get to the real purpose of the mailing ...
intimidation by embarassment and invasion of privacy.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
But...but...it's only those evil Republicans intimidating the poor, disenfranchised Wisconsinites! The sweet, innocent Democrats would NEVER do something so underhanded! Liar, liar, pants on fire!

/TOA

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Blatant Voter Intimidation and Invasion of Voters Privacy Tactics at Work in Wisconsin

How can there be voter intimidation in Wisconsin?

The Doj is there!!!
edit on 5-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hahahahaha, democrats as "left-wing"
Hahahahahaha
You people do have a weird political spectrum...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Both parties are using every unethical trick in the book this year and are showing themselves off for what they really are. Unfortunately, these tactics are all legal for now.
But I do agree it seems to be an invasion of privacy rights.
I fail to see how this would help anyone's campaign though - is this a fake organization that's trying to turn voters away from a party?
Sadly this is only going to get worse the closer we get to November.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This election is the most important political event before November.

All stops are removed.

Could be interesting.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Wisconsin politics first person experience.

A Republican candidate with 4 years experience sends out a 5 by 8 glossy post card, which arrived the day before the election, comparing his voting record on several issues against the voting record of the Democratic candidate. They had served together and were seeking a higher office.

Voted to hold the line on spending for 4 years? Repub yes, Dem no

Voted for no tax increase for 4 years? Repub yes, Dem no

Voted for prosperity for 4 years? Repub yes, Dem no

You get the idea.... mom and apple pie, hot button issues.

The Repub won easily in what was to be a very close election.

About that postcard... the Dem had an identical voting record on the stated issues and a better record on issues not included and much more civic minded.... BUT had only served 3 years.

Clever wording and the lazy sheeple bought it.

The Repub's campaign piece and funding were provided by a US Senator's PAC

edit on 5-6-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
im a wisconsin voter and no one intimidated me,i was watching fox6 milwaukee,an rev.jesse jacksons hangout at mayor tom barretts campain party,im for walker he said what he was going to do when elected and did it.and now hes being recalled

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by blasphemusbudda
im a wisconsin voter and no one intimidated me,i was watching fox6 milwaukee,an rev.jesse jacksons hangout at mayor tom barretts campain party,im for walker he said what he was going to do when elected and did it.and now hes being recalled

Hopefully he privaizes the police department and pays them
$5.00 an hour! That will get America's economy going

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
50% reporting at 9:30pm Central Time.

Looks like a landslide for Walker and the (R) Lt. Governor.

Landslide !!

Landslide !!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
9:45pm Central Time.

CNN has "checked" the Republicans as winners !!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This is what democracy looks like == the taxpayer's have spoken, again. $19 million of your tax money, which could have gone to public sector union raises wasted.

I told those union people when they were making such a spectacle of themselves and messing up the capital, they're only hurting themselves.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I hope you realize that when either party uses intimidation, they're wrong. The Democrats doing something bad does NOT make the Republicans any better for the # they do.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

How can there be voter intimidation in Wisconsin?

The Doj is there!!!
edit on 5-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

They need to stop the whining.

The election is over. Gov. Scott Walker won.

---------
The presidential election is in less than 5 months.

The DNC wants to put this disaster behind them.

top topics

join