It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda commander Abu Yahya al-Libi killed - US officials

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

if he wasn't guilty of anything, he'd still be alive today

thats what the nazis said

you don't know what is going on and you have obviously decided that this condition is acceptable to you, at least for the purpose of posting in this forum.

No you are the one who does not know. How do you know what I do and don't know? Are you me?

next time do some research before you start one.

Ive done all the appropriate research you've just been spouting your regular brainwashed rhetoric which is nothing original. You must be the original models they experimented on.

You are the one who equates guilt with being next to someone. Let me get this straight, the people standing next to him were guilty because they were next to him LMAO
Boy oh boy this doesn't get any better.

Then you go on to say that if he wasn't guilty he'd be alive today? LMAO that's even funnier. I guess when a woman gets raped and killed if she wasn't guilty shed be alive as well?
edit on 113030p://6America/ChicagoTue, 05 Jun 2012 23:06:18 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
thats fifty stars and some stripes op
for Abu Yahya al-Libi
cancer should not be left to fester

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
If it was Mexico using drones to wipe out the major players involved in their drug war in Texas, there would almost certainly be war. This is just another example of American hypocrisy and arrogance.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

Abu Yahya al-Libi

"Ah-boo" "Yah-Ya" "Al Lee-Bee"

Is someone just MAKING UP these stupid-sounding names at random?

This is exactly the type of Ignorance that I despise, if you clearly know absolutely nothing about the topic of the thread why bother posting unless you are seeking out information about the topic of the thread form members who know what they are talking about.

I love how you said “Stupid sounding names” it tells me you have probably never met anyone form the Middle East let alone ever visited. It almost makes it sound as if you believe he should be called John Smith.

For your information the name “Abu” usually means father so in this instance the name means Father of (Abu) Yahya, which means is the name in the Qur’an form John the Baptist and “Al-Libi” dictates where he comes from, Libya.

Please in future don’t post such juvenile comments.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

if he wasn't guilty of anything, he'd still be alive today

thats what the nazis said

you don't know what is going on and you have obviously decided that this condition is acceptable to you, at least for the purpose of posting in this forum.

No you are the one who does not know. How do you know what I do and don't know? Are you me?

next time do some research before you start one.

Ive done all the appropriate research you've just been spouting your regular brainwashed rhetoric which is nothing original. You must be the original models they experimented on.

You are the one who equates guilt with being next to someone. Let me get this straight, the people standing next to him were guilty because they were next to him LMAO
Boy oh boy this doesn't get any better.

Then you go on to say that if he wasn't guilty he'd be alive today? LMAO that's even funnier. I guess when a woman gets raped and killed if she wasn't guilty shed be alive as well?
edit on 113030p://6America/ChicagoTue, 05 Jun 2012 23:06:18 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

you sure know a lot about what the Nazi's said.

and I've developed a device that allows me to determine with 100% accuracy what people do and do not know. and it exposes phonies with equal effectiveness.

and another thing...i don't know if a missile hit those people. that story could have just been created so none of you guys realize why those people are really dying or so some government agency can make itself look really cool in the eyes of young Americans.

if someone wrote an article that the earth opened up beneath their feet and the grim reaper pulled them all into the underworld, i'd believe this.

whatever happened to the idea "that nothing is as it seems?"

edit on 6-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Abu Yahya al-Libi

"Ah-boo" "Yah-Ya" "Al Lee-Bee"

Is someone just MAKING UP these stupid-sounding names at random?

This is exactly the type of Ignorance that I despise, if you clearly know absolutely nothing about the topic of the thread why bother posting unless you are seeking out information about the topic of the thread form members who know what they are talking about.

I love how you said “Stupid sounding names” it tells me you have probably never met anyone form the Middle East let alone ever visited. It almost makes it sound as if you believe he should be called John Smith.

For your information the name “Abu” usually means father so in this instance the name means Father of (Abu) Yahya, which means is the name in the Qur’an form John the Baptist and “Al-Libi” dictates where he comes from, Libya.

Please in future don’t post such juvenile comments.

All I KNOW is that I read one topic after another RIGHT HERE on ATS, as though each is taken from a news headline somewhere.

They vary in "quality" and believability. For every one about the Taliban there's one about a Zombie Outbreak or some such.

For all I know, they could ALL be just made-up news hype to kick off discussion threads. For all I know there never was a Ya-Yah guy! He might be just as real as "faceater guy" or "intestines-throwing guy."

I don't call it ignorance. I call it keeping an open mind and not surrendering to the hype.
I don't see anything "juvenile" about what I've typed. For that matter you'll come across many conspiracy guys here who believe that the Taliban was invented from the ground up and never existed in the first place. So building upon that thought, how the heck am I supposed to believe that a Mr. YaYa ever existed?
Or for that matter, again, if there's a zombie outbreak in Florida?

Ignorance is blindly accepting and believing. And going along with the flow of the ignorant masses.

Nobody's going to push My buttons.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You are actually displaying yet more ignorance,
"mr ya-yah" as you so ignorantly call him was al-Qa'ida, NOT Taliban as you have said in your above post.

It is very clear to me you have no idea what you are talking about.
edit on 6-6-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

At least I don't hide behind a fake picture and Expect people to believe that's what I really look like!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Returning to the main theme...

thats fifty stars and some stripes op
for Abu Yahya al-Libi

Have you considered the possibility the brand has been somewhat dented by some of the deeds it now represents?

In this particular case the summary execution of a crowd of bystanders is as significant in the eyes of some around the world as the removal of the target himself.

People of differing backgrounds and even faiths around the world have historically respected the US for its stance on human rights, etc. It appears policy makers sometimes forget that by tarnishing this image they inadvertently undermine what they are ostensibly seeking to protect.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

the American brand has never been stronger or more attractive.

the world respects us because we've decided to go ahead be the object of hatred, so that others can go about their daily lives.

as long as al qaeda is focused on Old Glory, the rest of the world can work behind the scenes and eradicate the world of this pestilence that plagues us all.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

the American brand has never been stronger or more attractive.

Post Abu Ghraib it has some very negative aspects, to say the least. Until this is recognized, and determined action is taken to ensure such things could never be repeated under said flag, the image problem will continue.

Guantanamo Bay is also part of the image.

The fact that there is much that is good is not the issue. A fly in the ointment spoils it. Several can ruin it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Another one bites the dust.

This kind of reminds me of the star wars scene where Darth Vader kills the current commander and then looks to the next in line to replace him.

If I were the next in line in , I'd make sure my will is up to date.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

a some fringe of people were calling for Barack Obama to be impeached before he was even inaugurated as President.

what people think is based on awful information, sometimes, and outright lies at others.

if anything has lost its credibility during the last 10 years and has a stain on it...it is PUBLIC OPINION.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
never heard of this person, is he supposed to be important or something?

edit on 5-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

Next in line is always an important person after the Previous in line has been eliminated
Atleast for the justification purposes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join