It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats as Alien spies?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
reply to post by openyourmind1262

In my experience they do have a difficult time with loss of a loved one.

Indeed, it's a heartbreaking story! When I was in the Greek army we raised a male kitten and when he grew up, he became friends with a young female. So, every morning he would wait for her outside the building and then they would roam together through the camp. One day his friend did not come, although he waited for hours. This continued for three more days, every day he would wait and she would not come (turns out she got hit by a truck and had died). All this time he was very sad and very unresponsive, would eat very little and would not let anyone near him, not even me who was his best friend among humans. So, yeah, they grieve, too.

One other thing is they do not respond well to change. I used to live under the roof and my cat would roam on the roof and hunt birds. Last October I moved to ground level and it took him over a weak to get used to the new environment; he would crawl under the bed covers and stay there and not come out and he would not eat. I had to force him out of there, keep him in lap and keep his food bowl right under his nose and he would just lick it a bit and eat very little. I was considering force-feeding him with a syringe, but in the patience did the trick. Now he is happy again, 'cause he can play outside in what used to be a small garden and he's getting acquainted with the stray cats in the neighborhood.
edit on 5/6/2012 by WalterRatlos because: to trim quote and syntax

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
i have spoken telepathically to my cat and she is very smart. when i found out how smart she was, she looked so guilty, i could see it in her eyes. i told her to get me a pencil, telepathically, and she walked up to the penholder and looked back at me, but she wouldn't get it. maybe because she had no way of grabbing it. cats are some pretty awesome creatures, whatever they are.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
also, my other cat will not come to me, play with me or anything. but after i meditate, she ALWAYS comes to me, sits on my lap, follows me around the house, talks to me. they apparently have 9 lives so their frame of time must be different from ours. when you get in the moment, it is easier to understand them and relate. imo.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join