It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Play the Collapse of the European Banking System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Europe is heading into a full-­‐scale disaster. You see, the debt problems in Europe are not simply related to Greece. They are SYSTEMIC.

As you can see, even the more “solvent” countries like Germany and France are sporting Debt to GDP ratios of 75% and 84% respectively. These numbers, while bad, don’t account for unfunded liabilities. And Europe is nothing if not steeped in unfunded liabilities. Let’s consider Germany. According to Axel Weber, the head of Germany’s Central Bank, Germany is in fact sitting on a REAL Debt to GDP ratio of over 200%. This is Germany… with unfunded liabilities equal to over TWO times its current GDP. To put the insanity of this into perspective, Weber’s claim is akin to Ben Bernanke going on national TV and saying that the US actually owes more than $30 trillion and that the debt ceiling is in fact a joke.

To put this number into perspective TOTAL EQUITY at the top three banks in Germany is less than 100 billion Euros. And this is GERMANY we’re talking about: the supposed rock-­‐solid balance sheet of Europe. How bad do you think the other, less fiscally conservative EU members are?

Think BAD. As in systemic collapse bad.

PDF LINK

So pheonix capital are giving this game 10-12 months but could be sooner.
It makes sense about Germany and that makes me shiver a little.

It is game on. 2 choices and none are nice.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It's called, buy low sell high.

This will be the buying opportunity of the century! (latter half)

YEAY, problem solved.

edit on 2-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It is game on. 2 choices and none are nice.

Germany declares war France surrenders without a shot fired
As for the Euro by christmas they will be throwing them in the fire to keep warm because this will be the only value they have left

Cran

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

All of which is why Germany is brewing a plan to shore up their balance sheets with a 1,000+ tonne injection of PIIGS and French gold right before the Euro swirls down the crapper. They're trading the terminal Euro for sovereign bullion based on their last remaining facade of fiscal strength so they can end up on top of EVERYONE after it's all said and done. The US will be called to the carpet on its supposed gold reserves when its global-reserve-currency dollar starts dragging the entire system down with it. Not only will we no longer have the good credit of always being willing to borrow more to pay our debts, but we will also finally have to admit we have nothing even physical to back up our own bonds when the going gets really tough. The PIIGS and France can guarantee their bonds above a certain GDP backed by their own bullion reserves, but if we can't, we're in an even worse place than they will be after they turn in 20% of their reserves for going bankrupt instead of guaranteeing their bonds in the first place.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it might have been about a new board game
When I was a kid, my sister and I used to reverse the rules of Monopoly and play Bankruptcy. You deal all the money out first and then the race is on to lose everything you have through stupid investments and bad strategy.

But on a serious note, I think much of this is planned by the PTB, and they've got plans to be the winners once again, playing with all the sovereign currencies again, and starting wars to play one off the other. There are a few wild cards and "black swan" scenarios that could crash the Euro with no avenue for profit for the banksters, though. I'm hoping for one of those. In that event, the normal investment paradigm would kinda go out the window and dollar profits would be nonsense as the dollar would be going down fast as well.

I also think it's possible that the money barons have gotten themselves into a genuine bind where their plans for profits on this might be too costly for them in the sense that they simply can't keep the lid on the lie anymore. The derivatives bubble is beyond any rational comprehension and has no ties to reality. Each crisis challenges the growing gap between the real economy and the realm of magic numbers. Eventually reality will win.

top topics

join