It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peeing in the pool and a lack of civility

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This type behavior is linked to the Occupy mentality.
If Occupiers are comfortable crapping above sea level and in full public view, peeing in a pool would be second nature.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto

The point isn't whether it's dangerous or not, it's the fact that people are too lazy to get out of the pool to pee.

For that matter, water from a treatment plant also had crap in it, so does that mean it's ok to crap in the pool cause the chlorine kills it?

What's the difference?

And... Now were twisting my point around. I wasnt saying we should poop in the pool. Any idiot could see that a turd isnt going to be instantly cleaned up by chlorine. My point was.. Why is it so socially unacceptable. Most people with pools pee in them. Its much easier than having people track water all through your house or have to get out and dry off every time they need to go. Especially if there is beer involved. You should just invest in a out house to put by your pool so people can go. And yes. So pools have a small little building by them with a toilet in them. But for the most part it has become socially unacceptable somewhere along with way. But why? More than likely because people think that if someone pees in the pool they are drinking pee? Well stop drinking pool water. I think the body oils and hair that comes off of people is way grosser than the pee content and chlorine doesnt really break that down. The filter gets that. But no one is pissed because someone didnt bathe and wax before getting in the pool. People let their dogs jump in the pools. Now thats nasty. You should see that hair ball in the strainers and filters. My point is, why has it become so taboo when I bet a lot more people do it than even admit to it. Its common, and its normal and its harmless.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I received a lovely dose of athlete's foot fungus from a water park one year. If I had to pick between that and peeing I would choose the pee in the pool. I no longer go barefoot at public swimming facilities. Public pools will usually be filled with children and so it's expected. Mine do not pee in public pools (even at the ocean one year, I tried to get my daughter to pee in the water because it was a loooong walk back to the bathrooms and she would not!) but even when kids are good and try their best, accidents happen. (And "swim diapers" are basically there for public peace of mind--they don't absorb much and when they're waterlogged, they don't absorb anything at all.)

You don't know what nasty crap people are carrying around on them and I would have to say urine in the water is the least of my worries when going to a public pool. They usually throw so much chlorine in the water that you really don't need to worry about it. The public bathrooms and shower areas are the real disgusting issue.

However, the entire lack of civility of people topic, I absolutely agree on My BIGGEST pet peeve is seeing dirty diapers on the ground in parking lots. Seriously...what would cause someone to do such a thing? When my kids were babies, I always carried extra grocery bags with us everywhere and I would wrap up the used diapers in those and then throw them out when I either found a trash can somewhere or got home.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I like the pools
that use the chemicals
that change color when mixed
with Urine...
So if you pee a big red cloud appears around You in the water ..... embarrassing

then the pool
gets closed & drained for cleaning

on the other side
whats all the eye reddening chlorine there for

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Someones dirty buttcrack just touching the same water that you are in is far grosser than any pee in the pool

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Need a brake....

Pee

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

I know that's not what you were saying. The OP of this thread wasn't about whether it was sanitary to pee in a pool, it was about the laziness and lack of respect when people don't get out of the pool to pee. Or people who leave trash in movie theaters.

I do have my own pool and would never pee in it. We keep a bucket near the pool in case anyone needs it. To me, it's just common courtesy to get out of the pool to pee, instead of peeing in it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If Occupiers are comfortable crapping above sea level and in full public view, peeing in a pool would be second nature.

Oh come on. Your just trolling, People were peeing in pools long before occupy movements. I would wager if you have kids or grand kids and take them to a pool, one of them will pee in the pool.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Whats worse than pee in a pool is the toxic bacteria stew in a public hot tub. We have a hot tub at the gym we go to and I wont even get near it.. BLECH! I dont do public pools. My oldest daughter had shaved her legs and had a few nicks. Went to a large water park and that nick became a MRSA infection that took months to get under control and left her with a huge scar.
In the end.. people are gross. Real gross. I fear unwiped butt in a public pool over urine.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
*WARNING: I am going to be gross since the OP started it!*
I absolutely guarantee you, that You are drinking the piss of some animal, Dinosaur or person just as you put that crystal clear water to your lips!

aquadoc.typepad.com...

Just think due to the hydrologic cycle that filtered plastic bottle you may be drinking might have been the PISS of Alexander the Great!

The pools are so chlorinated anyway, but I do not want to see a floater…

Get over it… GERMS are everywhere! People are disgusting. More neurotic news! Geez starting to sound like George Carlin…

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Really? Were talking about pissing in the pool and you make it about Occupy?

Only on ATS.....

I would facepalm myself but I just went to the bathroom and forgot to wash my hands.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Not me as i have not been in a swimming pool in 40 years.

I am a hot springs guy myself.

I have noticed that one racial group will go up to a checkout in a store and take there food from the cart and if there is not much they will just pick up the bags after they pay and leave the cart right in everyone way at the checkout counter. they also will start talking with friends in store isles and block the isles and not move for other shoppers
Another racial group is well known for playing the game of going into restrooms and flushing large wads of paper down the johns just to plug them up so they over flow and make a mess. so many times they will do this with every john in the restroom especially if the store is owned by a Asian or some one from the middle east.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Open ocean, I guess.

"I guess"

Just found it funny.

Urine is sterile as most know (let alone the chlorine) and is around 99% water. Reminds me of the story where a guy "went" in a giant water reservoir and the idiots drained the whole thing and charged the guy a couple thousand bucks. On top of that all the wildlife that surrounded the area...but human urine is of an especially vile nature.
kidding obviously.

More than urine being a danger is people going into pools without showering, that's what gets things gross (objectively gross) but that's acceptable. The chlorine reacts with the organic compounds and creates some rather nasty stuff in the water.

I've heard in some European countries they require speedos for pools, but they do it to keep the pools clean. So, clean pools in America?

edit on 6/1/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I fear unwiped butt in a public pool over urine.

True. But that goes back to being discourteous and lazy.

I have trouble deciding if we are increasingly losing our civility, or we never really had it to begin with.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Could you link me to a chemical that actually changes color when mixed with urine?
Always talked about. Never happens.
Happy swimming.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The last time i did a pee in the swimming/public baths the attendant blew his whistle so hard i nearly fell in!

Sorry, couldn't resist that, lol

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by gwydionblack

Breathing in another persons butt gas is not dangerous but it is disgusting and uncivilized to be in a group of strangers ripping one after another if you don't have a medical condition.

lol @ "butt gas" That have me the best laugh of the day.... but then again the day is only 4 hours long so far.

I don't pee in pools , but I pee in the Ocean like a Champ! Pee keeps you warm for a second or two!

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Issues...you have em'.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I go swimming several times a week and, to be honest, it isn't the peeing in the pool that bothers me. Place is full of kids - they're gonna pee, it's harmless and I don't care.

It's the lack of empathy and consideration for others that seems to be a big problem. People don't seem to be aware of each other enough.

I'd like to see an International Spread the Love Day. Every leader, charity, business and civilian would encourage being nice to everyone else for a day - just one day! Of course, people would need a reminder about good manners.

It's a big ask and hard to organise; people fire bullets, they bark and bitch at each other every damn day. Still, it'd be interesting to see if people might prefer a world of consideration instead of the one we've got now.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Young kids, ok. Open ocean, I guess. Pools, why? Why are people so messed up?

well urine is sterile... and chlorine is put in pools (and drinking water) to specifically kill any microorganisms...

so.. what's the big deal...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join