It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists to dive for Baltic Sea "UFO"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Reply to post by squared

Forgive my ignorance but was this area ever NOT covered by water? I think about sand sculptures made by the wind in places like Utah/arizona and the shapes that are made by the wind/rain-

For that matter there are several large structures off the coasts around the world that are unexplained/unexplored, however most of those are in places that weren't submerged at some point in time..

Either way I'm remaining highly skeptical of this being "too much" lol really smells "hoaxie" but then again as someone said the MSM is staying pretty quiet- and this seems right up their alley... When they are mum it makes nmy ears perk up a little lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
As far as I know, this area has always been covered in glacial activity or water. So no, not exposed to wind. Of course, glaciers can cause very interesting shapes themselves. But typically you see more than one lone formation due to glacial activity. It seems odd.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura
reply to post by Char-Lee

NM didn't read the rest of posts...
edit on 15-6-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by squared
Information about the dive has been released in the swedish newspaper expressen.se

Picture 1
Picture 2

Link to the article with video (in swedish)

So the anomaly is some sort of sand stone. They also mention it being coaled and a sample is recovered and is being analyzed in a lab. The divers have never seen anything like this before. There was also a hole in one of the stones. They did not get to examine the hole, but want to do this in a future dive.

So they released info there and not on their own website..:-( Oh it is on their website...
The thing still looks artificial to me only buried.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by itswhatev
Reply to post by squared

Forgive my ignorance but was this area ever NOT covered by water? I think about sand sculptures made by the wind in places like Utah/arizona and the shapes that are made by the wind/rain-

For that matter there are several large structures off the coasts around the world that are unexplained/unexplored, however most of those are in places that weren't submerged at some point in time..

Either way I'm remaining highly skeptical of this being "too much" lol really smells "hoaxie" but then again as someone said the MSM is staying pretty quiet- and this seems right up their alley... When they are mum it makes nmy ears perk up a little lol

"before the Pleistocene instead of the Baltic Sea, there was a wide plain around a big river called the Eridanos. Several glaciation episodes during the Pleistocene scooped out the river bed into the sea basin. "

en.wikipedia.org...

So it could have been an object near the river that was venerated and a stone circle built long ago.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Possible Hydrothermal Vent maybe ?

"First we thought this was only stone, but this is something else. And since no volcanic activity has ever been reported in the Baltic Sea the find becomes even stranger."
www.oceanexplorer.se...

So if there was an opening why didn't they go in...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So what they are saying is, this is not stone, but soft and mushroomy?

As in a living thing?

I hope they release more info soon... This is beyond exciting.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeSignal
So what they are saying is, this is not stone, but soft and mushroomy?

As in a living thing?

I hope they release more info soon... This is beyond exciting.

Yes we need more! They could mean it is mushroom shaped, and very possible that no matter what material it is simply covered in silt. The wide path to it is verified, so that is also interesting.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Reply to post by Char-Lee

That would be a lot more "logical" to me than some of the other theories of read on here

If it were a river basin-even if a desert climate- the ground would have probably been furtile, fresh water.. Could be the remnants some lost civilization who used the natural rock formations for shelter/storage of some type? That's seen all over the world.
That wold make the "firepit" anomalies a lot less "out of place".. Though I find it hard to believe that if this has been submerged for a long period off time that scorch marks would still be visible.
It'd be nice to know what the structure is actually made of, and whether we are looking at an actual formation or just a build up of minerals,sand etc from years of being on the bottom

I hope more, less ambiguous, info comes out soon

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hollow earth opening, with beings that possess magic fire light signals at the opening

The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Hollow earth opening, with beings that possess magic fire light signals at the opening

The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot.

I would assume that the "soot' stuff is one of the things they have taken to a lab.

The thing is with funding coming in from a group making a documentary, they would surely withhold much so the documentary makers could recoup some of the investment.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that the round "fire pits" are exhaust ports with the scorch marks being retro rockets that have fired and the spongy stuff could be heat shielding ,I mean who's to know if this thing is a space craft that is now upside down having come to rest on the sea bed and we are seeing the underside....just a thought use it don't use it

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that the round "fire pits" are exhaust ports with the scorch marks being retro rockets that have fired and the spongy stuff could be heat shielding ,I mean who's to know if this thing is a space craft that is now upside down having come to rest on the sea bed and we are seeing the underside....just a thought use it don't use it

My believe is never say never! To many unknowns!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

They have to be pretty nimble beings to be able to crawl down a 15x10cm opening...
edit on 15-6-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

eew is that like 4" sounds more like a tank if it were a man made thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Here is an English translation of the article the OX Team links to on its newest update:

Swedish article in English

Such is the mysterious circle out at close range

Facts Rock Formation, which almost seems to be cast in cement, according to the divers. At one point there was what is likened to a pearl necklace - or that someone has tried to make a fireplace with an inch-sized rocks on the ocean floor. The furnace-like rock formations on top of that which constitutes the large circle that was discovered with a scanner tool last year. Divers images shows that the circle in turn consist of several blocks formed by "rolls" or "mushrooms" that is attached to each other, forming the circle. Overall, the object is 60 meters long and about as wide. Elsewhere, it looks like someone has pinched the mountain at the edge, as if you have breathed together two molds and it sticks out between stone formers, according to the divers.

The circle on the bottom of the Baltic became a world first when it was discovered a year ago - now thickens the mystery. Express can now publish exclusive pictures from the first dive at the item - at 85 meters depth. - We were there to find answers, but only got even more issues, says Stefan Hogeborn, 47, one of the divers from Ocean X Team, which investigated the circle on the bottom of the Baltic.

On June 11 last year went nine professional divers on the Baltic Sea to locate shipwrecks. The divers ran in zigzag back and forth over a large area to search for a number of specific wrecks - when a large, round formation showed up on their scanner screen. They examined the object closely and what they found puzzled the whole world. Some of Sweden's leading researchers in marine archeology saw the first pictures from the circle that was taken with the so-called sonar, a scanner tool, but no one could answer what the pictures depicted. Raises more questions The mysterious discovery spread in the media worldwide, such as CNN reported on the Baltic Sea Mystery. So far no pictures from diving in the circle published.

Now Express - the first newspaper - publish the first pictures from the dive at the mysterious object. A dive that was supposed to provide answers to the mystery - but instead brought even more questions. Stefan Hogeborn has 20 years experience of diving and working as underwater photographer and dive instructor. Here he describes the first dive at the world famous circle in the Baltic Sea: - The first thing we will see is some kind of rock formation that looks to be cast in cement, he said.

When they swim further, they see several rock formations.
- It looks almost like a pearl necklace or that someone has tried to make a fireplace with an inch-sized rocks on the ocean floor.

The furnace-like rock formations on top of that which constitutes the large circle that was discovered with a scanner tool last year. Divers images shows that the circle in turn consist of several blocks formed by "rolls" or "mushrooms" that is attached to each other, forming the circle. Overall, the object is 60 meters long and about as wide.
- When we had swum across the object, we get to the weird thing. Then it's like someone has pinched the mountain at the edge, as if you have breathed together two molds, and it sticks out between stone formers, said Stefan Hogeborn. "Probably sandstone"

At the next dive, they took a sledgehammer to dislodge a piece of material. Stefan Hogeborn describes the sense of carbonized material. During the last dive divers discover an oblong hole in one and a half times the six inches that go into one of the rocks which form the circle.
- I have never, ever, ever, seen anything like it, says Stefan Hogeborn. Expressen has let Martin Jakobsson, a professor of marine geology and geophysics at the University of Stockholm, see an image from the dive.
- There is probably some kind of sandstone. When you look at the structure, it looks like it, he says. The samples from the discovery of the Baltic Sea has been sent for analysis.
- Since we did not get any answers to the questions we asked ourselves, we have brought this to the experts who may be looking at the pieces we brought up, says Stefan Hogeborn.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

They have to be pretty nimble beings to be able to crawl down a 15x10cm opening..

where did you read this? every source i've found so far just says 'egg shaped opening', no hint of scale.

also can anybody enlighten me as to the meaning of
"...as if you have breathed together two molds and it sticks out between stone formers"
'cus i've been scratching my head about that for days now.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Im sure most people remember when this story first came to light, sometime last year the year before. Well now scientists are going to go see what is, beginning June 1st.
Who wants to guess what it is that theyll find?.
Im going for some type of rock formation, the obvious choice I suppose.

btw, I debated with myself over which forum to place this in, conspiracy, fragile earth or here and since it does mention "UFO"

Source

“We saw it on sonar when we were searching for a wreck from World War I. This circular object just turned up on the monitor.”

To correct some people it must be something magnetic technology wise

edit on 29-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

Originally posted by merka

They have to be pretty nimble beings to be able to crawl down a 15x10cm opening..

where did you read this? every source i've found so far just says 'egg shaped opening', no hint of scale.

also can anybody enlighten me as to the meaning of
"...as if you have breathed together two molds and it sticks out between stone formers"
'cus i've been scratching my head about that for days now.

I am Swedish

I can hear what they say on the video, but I actually heard wrong lol. They say that the hole is "en och en halv gånger två och en halv decimeter", which is 15x25cm. Sorry. Plus, it says it in the Expressen article too (though it says 15x20 for some reason)
edit on 16-6-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join