It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush administration gave 43 million to the Taliban, this is incredible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samiralfey
What pages do you surf if you haven't heard about this earlier
?

Have you heard that CIA trained and funded Al Qaida and Bin Laden too?

I agree with you.

Funny how selective is our president when it comes to politics and war, and how selective we become when it comes to believe what our politicians are doing in our name. Every thing our "leaders" do is always in the name of US Nation, so the same way they wag wars in our name they also financed the ones that now are in "war" we us.

Instead of targeting the leaders that made the decisions the "enemy" or "terrorist" target us the citizens.

What a irony. Right?

LL1

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
No wonder why the kids go around saying that D.C. stands for the
da capital...
The educational system could have used some of that money.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I would venture to guess that very few of you, if any, made an issue of this when it first happened. It wasn't until after 9/11 that anyone cared and then it became 'news' again and then disappeared probably within a year of 9/11/01.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hay, quick question. Could you supplie a link for the info you gave?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Bush paid Taliban

Here's a link

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Do a google search it will turn up hundreds of the same story. Lots of stories on this one. Can we allow this?
People, there's too much said and written about Bush and his gang to ignore it and sweep it under the rug as propaganda. Where there's smoke, there's fire. seriously. Our lives are in danger, and its not from outside terrorists.
Seriously, this makes the hair in the back of my neck (among other places) stand on edge.

[edit on 2-10-2004 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't know about this. Me myself would need more evidence. The LA Times. Unless I had news paper infront of me and read this, then maybe. Although it looks like someting off of Micheal Moore's movie and we all know he is out to make the all mighty dollar.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I would venture to guess that very few of you, if any, made an issue of this when it first happened. It wasn't until after 9/11 that anyone cared and then it became 'news' again and then disappeared probably within a year of 9/11/01.

Jemison
did we know what the money would be used for?
Was this broadcast to the nation? Were we asked permission to give Taliban 43 million?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehiatt
I don't know about this. Me myself would need more evidence. The LA Times. Unless I had news paper infront of me and read this, then maybe. Although it looks like someting off of Micheal Moore's movie and we all know he is out to make the all mighty dollar.

Well, you just gave the reason why so many people doesn't know about what happens inside US-gov. and the world/US outside the mainstream; if it isn't on the front page, then it doesn't exist.

Try to search for alternative news sources that doesn't have any political nor economical agenda and isn't controlled by the people who doesn't want you to know.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

did we know what the money would be used for?

The article you read was printed in 2001 so the time for the uproar was then. Are you implying that you believe that the money was used to attack us on 9/11? If so, where is the evidence that shows that the taliban and Bin Laden were in on this together? The taliban was harboring Bin Laden but they were not in cahoots with him and were not financing any of the hijackers so I'm not sure what the smoking gun here is supposed to be.

And no, we weren't asked in advance if it was O.K. to do this, but when are we ever? Never. Do you have any idea how many BILLIONS of dollars we give each year in humanitarian aid?

This would be good for you to look at. It shows the history of aid we have given to Afghanistan:

usembassy.state.gov...

Jemison

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

And no, we weren't asked in advance if it was O.K. to do this, but when are we ever? Never. Do you have any idea how many BILLIONS of dollars we give each year in humanitarian aid?

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of pork doled out each year. It is also laughable that it was okay when Clinton did it but not Bush. Both administrations pissed away millions to a regime that did not spend the funds as they were intended. Yet another reason to vote Libertarian in November.

This is an excellent resource for congressional spending and pork. One project you may not have heard about:

A $100 million Earth-observing spacecraft conceived in the middle of the night by former Vice President Al Gore will soon be placed in NASA storage. The spacecraft Triana was designed to study Earth's climate and monitor global warming, but budget matters forced NASA to cut back on missions. Triana, nicknamed GoreCam, was not deemed a scientific priority. NASA, which spent $120 million designing the craft, has placed Triana in a steel vacuum chamber.

-- Washington Post 8/8/01

citizens against government waste

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
People, there's too much said and written about Bush and his gang to ignore it and sweep it under the rug as propaganda. Where there's smoke, there's fire. seriously. Our lives are in danger, and its not from outside terrorists.
[edit on 2-10-2004 by dgtempe]

You are so right and thanks for the link, I can believe that if all this is true, this administration probably financed Al-queda 9/11 with our own money. No wonder is conspiracies around telling that Bush was involve in 9/11, should we believe it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join