It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Reveals Day of Jesus' Crucifixion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The sequence of events that led up to the earthquake, resurrection of dead people and the ripping of the curtain in the Temple gives me an impression that a spirit force leaving Jesus' body caused those events. It would be interesting to see an ancient map of Skull Place, the grave site and the Temple location to see if the supernatural event was in a straight line. The spirit came upon him gracefully at his baptism in the form of a bird. I guess it was bolting out of him with a bang.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace[/That reminds me of the Shroud of Turin. Some sort of energy explosion making that mark visible. Something that a supernatural being could only make. Maybe its the same with the crucifixion, different energy with his spirit leaving because He is the Son of God.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

I never gave the Shroud of Turin much thought. I wonder if he was too hot to touch when they pulled him down? If the shroud is true then his body would have slightly burned the cloth. The violent exodus of the spirit overheated his body but the flesh did not incinerate.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
reply to post by stonebutterfly

I never gave the Shroud of Turin much thought. I wonder if he was too hot to touch when they pulled him down? If the shroud is true then his body would have slightly burned the cloth. The violent exodus of the spirit overheated his body but the flesh did not incinerate.

I think people allege that the image was made at the resurrection, not when He was wrapped in the cloth.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
tinfoilman,

re: "Let's go back to the Lord's prayer real quick. KJV, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done IN (NOT ON) earth, as it is in heaven. That's right, I know a lot of people think it says ON earth, but it doesn't."

It says "on earth" almost exclusively in every version/translation but the KJV. Two different Greek words are used in Matthew 6:10 - "epi" and "en". Epi means on and en means in. So it is correct to say "on earth" since "epi" is the Greek word that is used before earth and not "en".

re: "But notice how they only change the in to on here. Notice they don't say Jesus was ON the heart of the earth..."

That's because nothing is changed. The Greek word in Matthew 12:40 before "the heart of the earth" is "en" and not "epi".

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rstrats

Actually in the context it's in, and comparing it to other writings of the time, you can make a good case for rendering it as "over earth" or "above earth". I sat and watched two Biblical scholars argue about this for like 4 hours one night. Hilarious, of course everyone was drinking so it's probably best to say on earth.

But this is why I never play the Greek game anymore. It's always, this Greek definitely means this, except in these two other spots in the NT where it's translated completely differently. It's really for scholars to be arguing about, not computer scientists.

But my major point was really, we know they weren't trying to say Jesus spent three days ON the heart of the earth. That he was in the heart of the earth. Most assume that's the tomb, but there's been many good arguments that the writer didn't mean that at all. A tomb isn't really the heart of the earth, so perhaps they meant something else. Maybe they did just mean that though, who knows.

EDIT: In case anyone is wondering what the guy's main jumping off point was based in the concept that epi is translated as "over" in the context of authority when comparing other non-biblical writings. So we're talking God's authority of having his will done OVER the earth's will and not ON earth. After enough beers it sorta made sense.
edit on 28-7-2013 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join