It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd bird migratory behavior

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Saw an odd thing today while at work, my windows of my office face north, i have seen 4 large groups of at least 30-40 canadian geese, flying in the V formation heading south. Im in utah, so its warm weather ahead, shouldnt they be going the opposite way right about now? Found this to be an odd sight.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Most birds have magnetite in there brains. This metal acts as a gps system. Since the Earth's Magnetic pole has been shifting, the migratory birds are being confused. They are probably having a difficult time just flying.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
could also explain why they arent going the right way too i guess.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Geese in a V does not mean migration. It means a flock of geese flying.

These geese could be headed anywhere. I see them do this all of the time. Many geese have become nonmigratory. Human actions place adequate year round water supplies at their disposal.

One of the odd things is that most birds migrate at night. We do not see their migrations because they migrate during the safer dark times. Geese do migrate during the day.

There is no reason to suppose that these geese are migrating or having troubles navigating.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by forevertruepatriot

BIG HUGE,,fire in TIMMONS,,thats up NORTH,, were the IGLOOS are,,

hmm 80 degrees,,wow ,,
so the GEESE might be leaving the scene,,

dont know how far does a gaggle fly,,these days?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'd say that there is going to be something happening in Yellowstone. Geese that summer in northern states do not usually go more north if they sense danger, they go back south or sometimes a little east or west. There could be a little constant rumbling of the earth or maybe just a forest fire or really high winds coming up there. I guess we'll see, are there any other animals migrating away from Yellowstone? There could be some disease there that the geese are worried about or maybe the oil wells or natural gas wells are giving off toxins too.

new topics

top topics

join