It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Why do you have to live a life here on this planet in this universe when you are from an entirely different place?

The reason you are here is because:

1. it was a bet you lost.
2. it was dare.
3. you are being punished with a sentence of some kind.
4. you are undergoing an experament.
5. you are involved in testing of some kind.
6. other? (explain)

Why are you here, you think?

I'll let you tell it.

What are some other reason to why you could be here?

This place is a dystopic hell if you think about it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Either a reformation/rehab planet for troubled souls to get better, or a training ground for gods, speculatively speaking of course.
Could just be a random act of manifesting matter too I suppose?

Peace
edit on 23-5-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: spelling

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this a lot lately ... as I really don't want to be here. I am thinking it is:

1. Hell
2. An experiment in duality or some form of materialism.
3. What you get when the sources separates.
4. We are training to be Gods, ourselves.
5. We aren't really here.
6. This is what is behind door number 3.

Who knows ... we could be advanced beings that decided to play a role playing game and this is just a game.

If we are infinite beings, what is 80 years? Or even reincarnating for a period over 25,000 years? Nothing, really.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Why do you have to live a life here on this planet in this universe when you are from an entirely different place?

In my belief, at the time of our creation we gave an allegiance, there were 4 levels of allegience given, some gave, some did not, some gave to one, some gave two, some gave all 4 allegiences...

If we were judged at the time for what decision we made then, we could have said 'if we had only been given a chance we would have chosen differently'

this is our proof to our own self that we are getting exactly what we deserve in the next life.... our choices here, in actuality reflect our choices then. Now we can never say GOD was unjust, because we have been given a chance to change our decision.
edit on 23-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

It's a dystopic hell only if you want it to be.

You have choice how you perceive this reality.

Yes it is a crazy MF'ing place at times.

But it is also immensely beautiful. There are many wonders to be explored. Endless peak experiences to be enjoyed. Soul connections if you so desire.

My attitude was like yours when I was a teenager - nearly killed myself a couple of times but was probably too worried about the effect this would have on my mother to do so.

I took entheogens and everything changed. As Bill Hicks would say - My 3rd eye was thoroughly squeegeed !

My suggestion would be to get out of your head and in to your heart. For me this is the true reason why we are here in this place now. Also remember too that our waking reality is just one part of who we are on the spirit journey.

Peace Out - Namaste

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think the reason I'm here is because my parents lived here and, when I was born, manned rockets were just barely getting off the ground. The reason I'm still here is because we haven't developed interplanetary flight, let alone interstellar. I doubt that will come about in my lifetime, so I'm figuring I'll die here.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn
[more
maybe a step in evolution except the evolution is dimensional right now we are in the 3rd dimension death brings us to the 4th dimension where we start out as the lowest being in that dimension then die and go up the latter of beings till we reach the peak like humans are in the 3rd except its the 4th dimension. This cycle goes on till we reach the end of dimensions
edit on 23-5-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The Reason I Am Here:

I am a product of time and creation, and only have the capability of consciousness due to creation through self similarity and the laws of attraction.

The universe and it's endeavors are of a chaos to order, the magnitude of which is expressed in the progression of humanity.

The cause and effect of all creation, is constructed of space, mass, and motion... which then manifests time as dictated through a frame of reference.

My role is to express my given abilities as to my position of creation and reference, until I am able to see truths in everything... starting with myself.

The reason I am here, is to experience everything there is to be known, and act in accordance... which are expression and actions that are conducive towards the complete development of soul, and to taste of its fruit. The pursuit of happiness.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think we are newly born beings and we are being trained. Some here are the teachers but real teachers don't necessarily have credentials in this place. I think this place is a school and I don't know what happens if you fail. I don't think an advanced race of beings would want others that can't work with them along side of them. They could use the bad ones for energy sources or or just destroy them. That is one option I have thought of, I have run hundreds of scenarios but this one I like(so you know it can't be real). This could also be an advanced prison system or just hell itself. You only have six choices, want a pile more?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

To comment on your post, even though I have a dismal look upon the reason for being here, I do see beauty in this world. However, that can't be the reason for it (and that is not what you stated). If you think about the suffering, the inevitable path of debt slavery for billions, what good is it to be corralled into a pen if you are too busy admiring the beauty of the mountain (think Maya Angelou's, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings)? While I admire the beauty and the infinite complexity of this planet and the experience of it, the conclusion I ultimately came to was that the purpose of being here is to serve others out of love. There, there is the answer ... Love.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by WarJohn

Either a reformation/rehab planet for troubled souls to get better

Oddly enough, this makes a fair amount of sense. This could explain why I was an a**hole when I was a kid (I can even remember being like that when I was as young as 3) but as I aged I gradually sorted myself out more and more. Maybe our time on earth is like some kind of probation lol.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
What if our self-importance is nothing but that? What if when we die the lights shut off and that's it?

Hitchens made a good point in that when you have a part of the brain damaged, the individual may forget names, how to speak or move both legs, etc. In no way does the soul make up for this damage and return lost abilities to the afflicted. With woo thinking, we are supposed to believe the soul magically restores all of our perceptions when the whole of the brain is destroyed (shuts off and ultimately rots) at death. It just doesn't make sense.

This way of reasoning is a bit scary when it puts the finality of life at a perspective. The continuation of life beyond death is simply not possible given the objective evidence we possess at the moment. Sure the idea of an afterlife may seem comforting, specially considering a heavenly or interdimensional reunion with one's dead loved ones and not losing them forever to the void of the nothing. Not that it would matter as your feelings of sadness and longing would be obliterated as well.

Anyhow, the previous point brings out a question, if the soul or essence exists, then what of the essence of animals and bugs? Do you honestly think ol' distemper Fido and that fly you swatted are somewhere waiting for you as well? Why would uncle charlie be any different in the great scheme of things? Species-based solipsism seems a bit arrogant when we are discussing the totality of nature's universal, post life experience.

Just a woo-less thought.

top topics

join