It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Afghans braver than US troops?,tell me about your experiences(With MOS)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
To be honest, Terry taliban seems to have been to the same school as the IRA.. And no they were not brave either..

Cowards run hide and plant bombs..

Intimidate their communities.. Hide in the population..

Sounds very much like the IRA...

No

Not brave

Just pussies who are too scared to face REAL soldiers.
edit on 23-5-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Hey evanb
How's it going dude

I've seen evidence, and heard from those that would know
The IRA, AQ, taliban had actually kinda worked together
Exchanging of tactics, training , bomb making methods ect ( 80's and 90's )
Now I'm not saying IRA members went to stan to train, but certainly liaisons
And that AQ being the entity they were/are and their campaign against the US/UK/west actually provided funding aswell
Maybe not as much as they made from the US public ( usually unsuspectingly )- but still a substantial ammount

Quite bizarre that
AQ/Taliban killing US troops with devices and tactics that were probably exchanged with them by the IRA
whom were funded by the US's charitable public

Just as the Brits trained the mujahideen - whom then passed that training on to the IRA

what a world eh

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
Quite bizarre that
AQ/Taliban killing US troops with devices and tactics that were probably exchanged with them by the IRA
whom were funded by the US's charitable public

Truly a classic example of blowback caused by interventionism.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

I had heard the Armalite AR180 was a prevalent arm of theirs.Were those the Howa California versions or the Sterling made?
Also There is RAMPANT fear mongering going on here in the US ,since you have seen an urban conflict,would you possibly postulate how the ENTIRE American continent could be put under martial law?I keep telling them it can't be done overnight. It would be incremental or they would have to use WMDs but I doubt they could do it at all if we didn't let them.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Certainly in the 80's the PIRA were known to have trained with the likes of the PLO in Libyan training camps, Qadaffi was also identified as a supplier of arms,most of the intercepted vessels found to be laden with arms bound for NI at that time originated from Tripoli,fortunately the interception of vessels reached such a level that it was unsustainable for Libya to c ontinue shipping armaments to NI which was just as well, hundreds of RPG's and several soviet manufactured shoulder launched SAM systems were amongst the weaponry seized.as well as countless AK's and Makarov pistols.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

They probably still have some of the scarier hardware leftover and locked away somewhere or otherwise sold it to other interested parties. Scary to think about it.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Soz for the delay in my reply
Had to go for a long walk

Right the ar 180
Not a weapon I've had a lot of experience of
It is used yes - its actually quite a simple weapon that's very easy to manufacture ( that was the point of it ) essentially being a civilianised version of the 18 ( if I remember right )
The benefit of it for the enemy is that it uses the NATO 5.56 round ( and can take the m16/ar15/m4 mag )- so ammo can be recovered/stolen from the coalition
Sure you know though that they much prefer the ak - 47
It's a big status symbol, incredibly reliable and simple to use
I'll post a few pics later of the most widely used weapon systems in stan

With regards to martial law
I would be inclined to agree with you
But
Look at the development of non lethal weapons such as the heat ray, non lethal lasers, acoustic weapons
What would really tip the balance
Is the regional and local use of incapacitating biological agents to reduce the number of the populous resisting to a manageable level so these non lethal weapons can be used against the rest
Something like a non airborne flu released into regional water supplies or D&V
while your stuck in bed or on the toilet the ones unaffected will be low enough in numbers to deal with
Then as the sick recover at different speeds, resistance will struggle to have sufficient manpower at the same time
Essentially a trickle feed of resistance that will quickly be dealt with
This sort of scenario is the only way I could see it working
You have a massive populous
In the populous you have a large percentage of vets that would make a unwanted martial law a hard fight

An example of this already
Is 'gang bangers' that have joined up had sf training gained instructional skills and leadership skills, weapons, tactics ect
Returning to the 'hood' and passing this trainig onto their fellow gang members
I've read a LAPD brief regarding this and has already become acknowledged as a growing problem

Hope all that makes sence lol
A bit scatty and bound to be spelling errors

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Bugger
Is there anyway I can upload pics from an iPod ?
My usual means off getting in the net ! ( hence some of the bad spelling (fat sore fingers itty bitty buttons)
If not I'll be at a computer in about a week
Infact if people want I'll start a thread regarding this then

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Indeed and that's quite well documented
What many don't realise is that AQ acts as a sort of central point of contact for Islamic terrorist ( sort of a UN for terrorists organisations )
The IRA taped into that network for exchange
I've even seen evidence that would indicate organisations from east Asia/ far east/ south america/ africa have had some dealings also
Very much a
Enemy of my enemy is my friend kinda thing

If you think back most terrorists or attacks were reported as HAVING LINKS/TIES to AQ
very few who carry out attacks are AQ them selves
AQ as I said is more of a organising outfit
This however has changed in recent years to actually calling these terrorists as members of AQ
which is actually spinning the truth

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Im good thanks...

I had to do a BPFA (first one since leaving the forces and rejoining) last week... Always said, if I cant pass a BFT then I should just shoot myself and get it over with lol..

I spent nearly 4 years on OPs in NI, lost a few mates, and have a very healthy hatred for leprechauns.. And NORAD.. Little did the duped Yanks who got all misty eyed about the emerald isle and British "tyranny" realise when they were giving the PIRA cash is that it went towards islamic terrorists too, who are now a slight pain in the ass.. They also funded the tyranny of the Irish in terms of IRA cowards who are nothing but gangsters, who held their communities to ransom... Having saying that.. The UVF/UDA etc are no better...

We actually stopped a lot of Irish Republicans getting killed by loyalists and the other way around... So the Yanks did them no favours and helped prolong the agony and created funding for islamic terrorists..

it IS a funny old world hey??

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Sheesh 4 years in NI
that kinda narrows down your unit dude

I've only dropped into NI a few times on short ops so don't claim to know too much about it
But a very dynamic and complex battle space

How'd you find the BFT lol
( thought you phased that out though ) but know many still use it as an unofficial standard test ( the old sweats )
Or was that the CFT ???

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Go to youtube and look for "collateral murder", its a good example of the america soldier "braveness"...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrippler
Go to youtube and look for "collateral murder", its a good example of the america soldier "braveness"...

Ah yes – “the video”…. Make sure to watch the ones that take out all the evidence they were armed as that will really make you feel bad for the “journalists”.

I have posted this analysis here on ATS once before but since you brought it up I’ll bring it here for you….

Analysis of Collateral "Murder"

Sorry, the journalists chose the wrong side to cover that day and when walking around a combat zone unmarked as a journalist and hanging out with people with guns who are shooting at American Soldiers supported by attack helicopters one should accept the risk they might just get shot at.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Ah yes – “the video”…. Make sure to watch the ones that take out all the evidence they were armed as that will really make you feel bad for the “journalists”.

I have posted this analysis here on ATS once before but since you brought it up I’ll bring it here for you….

Analysis of Collateral "Murder"

Sorry, the journalists chose the wrong side to cover that day and when walking around a combat zone unmarked as a journalist and hanging out with people with guns who are shooting at American Soldiers supported by attack helicopters one should accept the risk they might just get shot at.

Keep thinking that way, that's exactly what the government wants you to do. Gosh, how guillable can one be??? Watching the slain of children inside a school bus and think it was the right thing to do...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

So what happened what did you see there?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

So what happened what did you see there?

I see what it was: people walking around UNARMED, getting shot with weapons designed to incapacitate tanks. Then school bus driver CARRYING CHILDREN trying to help and getting shot along with the children inside the bus. Then mockery coming from the "soldiers", brainwashed to think they were doing the right thing.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Keep thinking that way, that's exactly what the government wants you to do. Gosh, how guillable can one be??? Watching the slain of children inside a school bus and think it was the right thing to do...

Did you even look at the analysis and breakdown? There was no "school bus" just some asshole in a van driving into a cordon and search operation in progress with children in the unmarked vehicle....

Seems like a dumb ass to me. It is counter to everything we tell them in theater - don't rush into gunfire. We'll take care of any casualties (and we can do a way better job than the Iraqi Hospitals I assure you).

I wouldn't drive my kids into a fire fight regardless of who I thought I might save.

Gullible is one who swallows the left wing propaganda hook line and sinker - I circled the weapons for you in the screen shots. I know what combat camera looks like (I testified at 15-6 investigations all the time) I was the IO on more than I cared to be.

Those journalists were moving with an element of insurgents bent on engaging American troops. Sorry, they got in the way but honestly their presence on the battlefield doesn't give the insurgents a free pass to mischief. They know the risks.

We don't cry foul when we have journalists with us - we do our best to minimize their risk but I won't risk one of my trained operators to save one who makes some dumb mistake to get his shot. He will just die for his profession like my operators do when they make a mistake.

You are the lemming following what you read and see on the internet - grow some stones and do a tour or 4 and you’ll really have some insight. Then if you feel the same way at least I could respect your informed opinion.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

There was no "school bus" just some asshole in a van driving into a cordon

Yes it was...

We'll take care of any casualties

Casuality is KIA, what happened there was MURDERING

I wouldn't drive my kids into a fire fight regardless of who I thought I might save

The country is so crowded of american soldiers firing like crazy, that there's no choice. Either they live this way or flee.

Those journalists were moving with an element of insurgents bent on engaging American troops.

Can you imagine the total opposite situation? Imagine it happend in an occupied America and local journalists get murdered along with American soldiers? Blind folks will say: They got not even the right to be here, why did they killed the journalists? And WHY they killed the kids also? You're smart enough to picture that, think of what you would feel then...

He will just die for his profession like my operators do when they make a mistake

Excuse me, but I didn't know that murdering was a profession, thank you for keeping me informed!

grow some stones and do a tour or 4 and you’ll really have some insight. Then if you feel the same way at least I could respect your informed opinion.

Now, let me try to put you aware of things: I grew up in a country where a masked civil war is going on for decades. Extreme violence here is a day by day routine, I feel really lucky to be alive nowadays when more that 20, of my closest friends were killed violently in front of my eyes and some even in front of their whole families. Do I have stones? In the age of 7 I started to work as a sugar-kane harvester, a brutally tough job, even more for a 7yo kid. Starvation and deprivation of basic goods(like clothing, medicine...) were routine. Even so, by my own will I studied and managed to graduate. Did you ever went to sleep starving? Did you? I don't think so, you have no right to say who has and who don't has "stones". I'm sure you'll find some argument to tell that this is not "having stones", but keep in mind that you had all the chances in the world, now you're just an old man, arguing with a stranger in the internet about things you didn't witness and only trust what you're told.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Hi Evan,

I also spent some time in NI (4 tours between 1982 - 88) where most of the time was spent responding to potential bomb threats .Yeah lost a few friends there too,some courtesy of that murdering Ba****d who these days is part of the NI Political mainstream,I don't know what unit you belonged to,but when we went out we were accompanied by members of whichever regiment were on deployment at the time and without fail,they kept us safe from snipers and the like.
I have good cause to be particularly grateful to members of the Paras,Royal Marines and Gordon Highlanders who saved my and members of my platoon's ar*es on a number of occasions.
It was a particularly dirty conflict which as you say,had little to do with "freedom fighting" and all to do with the PIRA/UDA/UVF godfathers expanding their criminal empires.

Anyway good luck with your re-enlistment and stay safe.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Oh...you saw a video and tweaked.Another media consumer huh?Too bad really.Oh well scream as you must to a pointless function.You don't KNOW about this, you just see a show and buy it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join