It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry is not a flip-flopper: Verified.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Bush has repeatedly cited "numerous" occasions on which John Kerry has changed opinions on Iraq, but according to Factcheck.org, a nonpartisan, nonprofit, independent "consumer advocate" organization, Kerry's position on Iraq has been consistent.

Kerry has never wavered from his position that he gave Bush the authority to use force in Iraq under the condition that it would be with international support, only after diplomacy has failed, and as a last resort. Bush has taken many of Kerry's words out of context, which has lead to a central piece of his campaign message, that Kerry is a "flip-flopper"--or that his position on Iraq has been inconsistent.

Using a recent Bush campaign ad attacking Kerry for "flip-flopping" on Iraq, factcheck.org dissects the key points of the Bush message and shows how each point, which the Bush campaign has used ad naseum, is based on parts of Kerry's speeches taken out of context. As shown in the debate this evening, Kerry has a viable explanation of his position on Iraq. Factcheck.org cites references that verify his claims that his position has never wavered.

www.factcheck.org...

[edit on 1-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
kerry is a loser, sorry go BUSH

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well known fact by those that care to dig beyond the sound bytes.

But it's even more telling to me that an INCUMBENT must resort to running his re-election campaign not on anything he's done, but selectively edited sound bytes and repeated lies about a CHALLENGER.

Bush/Cheney are shameful. They're trying to run on promises and smear as if they haven't been around four years.

Kerry creamed in that debate on issues and Bush was still trying to say "but, but, but....
my opponent is not consistent."

Bush is a consistent failure for sure now.

ON TO THE DOMESTIC ISSUES!!!

Poor lil Bush.

No, wait. Cheney gets his hat handed to him first on Tuesday!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
you know, what is wrong with changing your mind?? don't we all change our minds?

it good to have conviction but so much conviction as not to realize when you are wrong, that is just foolish. Bush acts like this government can't ever make mistakes, mistakes are being made everyday and everyday, every minute, every second someone changes their mind based on new information presented to them.

buy my non existant imaginary t-shirt

"I was going to vote Bush, but I changed my mind"
"FlipFloppers Unite!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Kerry stated c-l-e-a-r-l-y at the debate tonight WHY he agreed to go to war given the information he had. Anything that appears to be flip-flop is Bush administration doing.

His face twitched, his eyes blinked rapidly, and his mouth twisted in the smirk. The Bush trait.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think all Americans know deep down we are going to get F**CKED no matter what person ends up in office but we just keep putting the one
who does the best job of F**CKING us over. Like we subconsciously know that if we put in the pro that we will have more to see on the news to keep us from getting board between football seasons on monday night

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Kerry stated c-l-e-a-r-l-y at the debate tonight WHY he agreed to go to war given the information he had. Anything that appears to be flip-flop is Bush administration doing.

My FAVORITE analysis of the night?

Kerry�s Debate Performance: "America saw John Kerry as our next President tonight."

Bush�s Debate Performance: "Bush had a record of failure to defend, and he failed to defend it."

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
No, Kerry's not a flip flopper. In fact check his senate attendance record, he's not much of a senator either

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Sorry Dems, I count several places in the debate where Kerry changed his mind.

1. Kerry wants to have a better coalition in Iraq instead of the one we have. He stated that we are doing 90% of the fighting and paying 90% of the cost. yet he chides the president for using coalition forces in the hunt for Bin Laden in Tora Bora.

Unfortunately, he escaped in the mountains of Tora Bora," he said. "We had him surrounded. But we didn't use American forces, the best trained in the world, to go kill him. The president relied on Afghan warlords and he outsourced that job too."

2, Kerry wants us to go alone against North Korea and chides the President on having a coalition to deal with them.

and what the heck is a global test anyway. France should not have a say in when we attack back.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I forgot about that site. Thanks for reminding me

I'm gonna keep this in midn during the VP debate. I'd like to see what how much Edwards is going to go into this.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
How in the world can any of you trust Kerry? Look at the guys Senate record over the last 20 years. His votes in the Senate do not back up the words he spewed at the DNC or during the debate.

It boggles my mind how you can basically be manipulated by this man and follow him blindly when his senate votes (when he bothers to show up) tell an entirely different story than his campaign words.

And let's not discount the fact that he missed over 75% of the intelligence briefings since 9/11.

Check out his record for yourself at:

vote-smart.org...

Jemison

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Telling you the truth I think bush became the worst flip-flopper when he forgot about bin-laden and replaced it with Sadam.

Bush has hurt the nation more than Kerry will ever have done with his "Fip-flopper" fallacy by the republican campaign.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
While your checking Kerry's voting record in the senate...have a look at Dick's record as well. Many of the bills that Kerry has been criticized for voting against or for were alos voted in the same way by Chenney.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The so called "Flipflop" strategy worked for Republicans so they will keep at it unmercifully during the debates.

Since this was Bush's "STRONG" DEBATE ISSUE, I cant wait to see the other two.

I also cant wait to see Cheney's stroke-like smile at the debates, the smirks and the hatred in his eyes
, a true American Patriot, he is.

Evil and stupidity shows, no matter how much you try to cover it up.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Kerry has flipped and flopped so much he might as well be a fish on dry land......I mean he endorsed the war and knew it might be shadey information at best they were aware the intel they were getting where often coming from people who had something to gain by becoming a CI they often beef up a story or give the info to the goverment they know they want to hear in order to get what they want Kerry and Bush knew that the info is based on human accountings and is subject to human falabilities

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The thing that gets me about Kerry is that he had to know we were going to war if Bush got authorization (and maybe even if he didn't). I knew it from day one, many other people knew it. If Kerry wasn't intelligent enough, or was too much of a dreamer to think there was hope for a peaceful solution, then he's got a major problem.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Sorry Dems, I count several places in the debate where Kerry changed his mind.

1. Kerry wants to have a better coalition in Iraq instead of the one we have. He stated that we are doing 90% of the fighting and paying 90% of the cost. yet he chides the president for using coalition forces in the hunt for Bin Laden in Tora Bora.

Tora Bora is in Afghanistan, not Iraq. This one task, of getting Osama bin Ladin, the man responsible for 9/11, should not have been outsourced to the Afghanis.

2, Kerry wants us to go alone against North Korea and chides the President on having a coalition to deal with them.

Again, putting words in his mouth. His plan is to hold bilateral talks with North Korea in addition to the multilateral talks. It is what China is asking for and it is what many other experts are saying has to happen to move forward the now stalled talks. The reason why the talks are stalled is because North Korea does not trust us. If diplomacy with the North Koreans is reall the goal, bilateral talks may work to build trust with the North Koreans.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
The reason why the talks are stalled is because North Korea does not trust us. If diplomacy with the North Koreans is reall the goal, bilateral talks may work to build trust with the North Koreans.

Sounds like a great plan, but has anyone heard anyhing about how Kerry proposes to get the N.Koreans to trust us. Especially considering Kerry's ultimate goal would be to get NK to drop all it's nukes. Talk is cheap and promises don't cost anything, don't be swayed by Kerry's golden tongue

[edit on 1-10-2004 by Shadowflux]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

While your checking Kerry's voting record in the senate...have a look at Dick's record as well.

I know about Cheney's record. Thankfully Cheney Has a record. Have you looked at Kerry's? Most of the time Kerry doesn't even vote!! Once again, please check Kerry's record for yourself. If you vote for Kerry you are going by blind faith because none of Kerry's actions in 20 years in the Senate can back up his words.

He talks a good talk but actions speak louder than words.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The Repugnant spinmasters are continuing to missquote and extract phrases out of context. What else do they have? It's just sorry that so many people actually believe the distortions and lies. Wake the "F" up!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join