It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When our Sun Dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
When the sun dies.

Hello Fellow ATS members,

Today I am here to pose a question(s) regarding our Sun. We all know that one day at the end of its life time our SUN will become a dwarf planet but before it does that it will get bigger and brighter and will destroy Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars as its size increases. Though on a cosmic scale it will happen in blink of an eye but the process will take millions of years to complete.

So here is my group of questions:

At the time when our Sun attains the maximum possible size towards the end of its life cycle:

1. What will happen to the planet Jupiter? will the planets own gravity and the sun's gravity finally create conditions that the pressure inside the gas giant reach a point where it will ignite and become a second sun?
2. If Jupiter does become a second sun what will be the chief characteristics of such a binary system?
3. Regardless of what happens to Jupiter I ask what will happen to Europa? Will the ice sheets finally melt and water flow freely and will its orbit allow life to take shape?
4. Finally as our sun grows in size what will happen to the outer planets and Kuiper belt? will the orbits of Uranus and Neptune and Pluto remain stable or will these planets be thrown out of the solar system? similarly what will happen to kuiper Belt will the icy rocks form a new planet or will gravity send them on a final journey on a collision course to Sun or Jupiter?

Of course life on earth will be destroyed but then will exciting things happen to our solar system that may allow us to escape.

Thank you.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thought this was going to be a doom and gloom thread, glad it isn't.

Excellent questions. I have no answers to throw in at this point, but love the thoughts. Thanks.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I do not know how big the Sun will grow but doubt the outcome or events with
planets will change anything. The Sun will become a White Dwarf star with
enough electrons left to avoid total collapse into some virtual mixture of matter.
Ed: This was a fun topic for Tesla:
www.google.com...

as you see from google search

Expanding Sun Will Explode Some Day Tesla Predicts www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1474052/pg1 13 posts - 2 authors - May 3, 2011 EXPANDING SUN WILL EXPLODE SOME DAY TESLA PREDICTS ... admit of no doubt that the sun and other celestial bodies steadily increase ...

I think Tesla means the Sun got energy and mass, not the same thing, from the ether
but now we call it fusion. The strange thing is iron the the last fuel before star collapse
and I think Tesla used iron for free energy and force and not magnetism.

edit on 5/20/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

join