It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone noticing increased helicopter activity in your area?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
****UPDATE!!!!****

So this is a new development.

One of those two propeller ones just flew over and LOW. Really low. My house was shaking. It flew from the southeast over my house toward Denver. It was all black, no markings and really low. Seemed to be a personnel one, not a warship. This is crazy!

Also, thank you everyone who's posted. I dont think I'm paranoid and delusional anymore. Just paranoid

mountaingirl, thank you especially because we're in the same area. Now I know its not just me
edit on 22-5-2012 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

Oh, you're welcome
I say ditto to you, because of your thread, I don't feel out of my mind anymore, either
Sending you a U2U...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I live in a small suburban town out in Illinois, but all the helicopter/military activity is most likely is the NATO boys flying over. Even without the NATO Summit being in Chicago every once in a while Ill have a blackhawk or two fly over.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm not in the US, but in the UK. I too have noticed increased helicopter activity, but the weirdest one of all was yesterday, when we heard a very odd sounding helicopter.

I went out, my friend had his binoculars out. He said to me, "Its 3 seaking's". I looked through his binocs, and said "They aint seakings".

They were dual rotor helicopters. Yellowy/Green in colour. There was numbers on them, but they were too far off to make them out. Checked on the internet, and got a perfect match for CH47 Chinooks.

The question is, why would 3 Chinook's be flying in formation due north-east, around Manchester in the UK.

There are NO military bases in this area. The only airport large enough to handle them is Manchester Ringway.

Edit- Just found on a local forum that they were observed by a lot of people. A statement from the RAF said that they were on a military casualty evacuation exercise, practising ferrying casualties to hospital. They were using Manchester Royal Infirmary for the exercise as hit has a helipad on the roof.

I think thats only a partial explanation tho. Why 3, and why in formation.
edit on 23/5/2012 by BMorris because: Found additional info.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
There has been a huge increase here with not only helicopters, but jets as well. I live in a tiny town and the only time we usually hear copters is when someone needs to be life flighted to Baptist Hospital or it is marijuana growing season again and they are looking for "hot spots". Even then, it is not nearly an everyday deal.

Yesterday I had a jet fly so low through the neighborhood that I was really wondering if it was going to crash into someone's house. Mainly mine!

So yes...In a tiny town located in Virginia, I have noticed a dramatic increase.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AG123

I can back you up on that one matey, i live in Dudley (West Mids) and we have helicopters circling here every day. I have noticed that, on average, it tends to be twice a day. Its usually around 2-3pm and then about 6-7pm although the times do sometimes change.

They also fly very very low and seem to do a circling motion which brings them directly over my house.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Stumbled across this the other day while looking for something else. It might explain some of the helicopter activity, esp. if they're seen flying in formation, but not the solo circle flyers and non-military activity.

Apaches arrive in force on JBLM

FYI: JBLM = Joint Base Lewis McChord near Tacoma, Wash

choppers appeared over the horizon flying in formation.......their new home at Joint Base Lewis-McChord........The 1st Battalion, 229th Aviation Regiment flew 10 AH-64 Apache helicopters and six UH-60 Black Hawks to Gray Army Airfield, May 11, as part of the “Flying Tigers” move from Fort Hood, Texas, to JBLM. The trip that covered approximately 2,200 miles and took three days.

Three days and 16 choppers in the air at 1 time -- yeah ok-- that would raise my eyebrows

Ft Hood is in Texas, halfway between Austin and FW/Dallas, near Waco.

Over the next couple of months the unit will complete the move from Fort Hood to JBLM bringing with them the rest of its Apaches, Black Hawks and personnel to the base

From the Tx local news we get this tidbit

About 400 of the battalion's more than 700 soldiers are making the move, taking with them 24 Apache helicopters and 10 Black Hawks.

So bolo (be on the lookout) for more choppers

This is interesting....

The battalion also will benefit from diverse training environments, he said. In addition to Lewis-McChord's existing, expansive aviation training grounds, "We're working to acquire high-altitude training areas so (we) don't have to travel to Fort Bliss in El Paso or Fort Carson (Colo.) to do all the high-mountain training required for a deployment (to Afghanistan),"

I guess this means you folks in the "high altitude" areas around Tacoma and or NW can be expecting an increase in aerial activity!

According to the JBLM base paper 2011 article the whole kit and kaboodle move started in 2011 but won't be complete till 2014, and Ft Hood isn't the only base they're pulling from.

The Department of the Army announced Wednesday the stationing of the 16th Combat Aviation Brigade at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, a phased action that will see the first unit elements activated at JBLM as early as June, with the final unit activated approximately September 2014. The 16th CAB will be split based, with its headquarters moving to JBLM but leaving an element at its current station of Fort Wainwright, Alaska, to support training there. Other units now stationed elsewhere will join the CAB at JBLM.

BTW, if JBLM sounds familiar, it's cause that's the base the lone soldier wrapped up in the March 2012 Kandahar Massacre was based out of ( just google it) and some may also remember this from 2010 out of an article from the military's own paper, Stars and Stripes, no less

Plagued by one scandal after another, from violent mental breakdowns to steroid abuse and allegations of killing for sport, Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington state this year developed a reputation as the most troubled base in the military.

Hmmm.....interesting that they are expanding an already aggravated beehive......

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Heard another one last night around 4:00 am. These things are obnoxiously loud, so it woke me up and I ran to the window. Same one as usual... black, blinking red tail light, circling around the area for about 10 minutes then moving onto a new area. They come around every few hours, day and night. I've been keeping track of my local news and there are no missing people or escaped convicts on the loose, so I have no idea what the hell they are doing.

So far this has been reported in the US, Canada, and the UK. I get an uneasy feeling that somebody is preparing for some kind of big calamity or something. I don't know what, or when, but it just seems really strange.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I live about a minute away from the Los alamitos joint forces training base, and for the past couple of weeks I have been hearing nonstop helicopters, but only between like midnight and 4 am. They seem to come every couple of minutes, I can hear one as I type this. They seem to be a lot noisier than the aircraft I usually hear from the base.

I first started noticing it a couple weeks ago. One night I couldn't sleep, and around 3 am I opened my bedroom window for a smoke. I noticed a bright white light partially hidden by a tree. I didn't think anything of it, I thought it was from the construction they're doing on the 405 freeway. Than as soon as I really started to look at it, it started moving towards me like it spotted me. I quickly closed my window and laid in bed. A minute later I looked up only to see it was basically right over my house. It flew around my neighborhood all night long at a unusually low height. I saw it pass over my house numerous times.

Since then, I can hear them every single night. They're super loud, and they're starting to scare the crap out of me. I have the constant feeling that I'm being watched. Hopefully it stops soon, my insomnia has become a lot worse since they started.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by influencetheabove

this as well! about 40 miles out.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

So far this has been reported in the US, Canada, and the UK. I get an uneasy feeling that somebody is preparing for some kind of big calamity or something. I don't know what, or when, but it just seems really strange.

agreed. I thought the aircraft traffic would die down after NATO.
there are still military planes. not as many. but again, military planes.
seems like they're everywhere.
either an invasion, or civil war.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There is one flying over high Five in Dallas right ow and has been for 40 minutes. No missing person or otherwise and it happens in this area often. Drives me nuts. Night or day they do this for no apparent reason.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by doctornamtab

Forget helicopters.
It's the 21st century already and I don't have a personal jet pack.
That's a huge problem that needs to get fixed.

Next time they come around, make it entertaining. Run around in your yard naked, covered in X-mas tree lights, with a tin foil hat, and throw chocolate bars (which will look like something else) up at the sky in the direction of the helicopter.
Make it a show.
Have fun.
Be creative.
Wear a cape.
And goggles.
and a dastardly mustache.

Do it with pride?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

depends they could be spraying pesticides to looking for weed. If your a target they might be messing with you. maybe hes drunk who knows?

maybe they are looking for bin-laden maybe they think hes under a rock near you or something.
edit on 4-6-2012 by floorplans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The helicopter activity where I live is more-or-less the same and I live on Salisbury Plain where the British Army regularly exercise.

I suppose that if there is more activity in one area then activity will be reduced elsewhere as there is only a finite number of helicopters to go around.

Anyone experienced less helicopters?

Regards

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If you want to be seen on the news all you have to do is shine a laser pointer at the pilot lol.

I'm just joking, really. Don't do that unless you want 5+ police cars at your house 10 minutes later.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I just herd a hum that sounded a kinda like a helicopter. really annoying echo hum.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by floorplans

I hear it agian. maybe its just a train. with empty cargo.
edit on 4-6-2012 by floorplans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well I just came across this strange little article

www.wptv.com...

Apparently a UFO or some sort of mysterious flying object almost caused a mid air crash over Denver. Are they flying drones AND surveillence helicopters for some reason?

To hear all these people say there's increased activity seems to point to some sort of build up. Disclosure? Maybe some sort of non intervention contracts have run out on our leaders and they're trying to maintain their power.

I get the feeling that the blue and white helicopters I see are Homeland Security. I see their big white trucks downtown all the time.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ohaiikatie
I live about a minute away from the Los alamitos joint forces training base, and for the past couple of weeks I have been hearing nonstop helicopters, but only between like midnight and 4 am. They seem to come every couple of minutes, I can hear one as I type this. They seem to be a lot noisier than the aircraft I usually hear from the base.

I first started noticing it a couple weeks ago. One night I couldn't sleep, and around 3 am I opened my bedroom window for a smoke. I noticed a bright white light partially hidden by a tree. I didn't think anything of it, I thought it was from the construction they're doing on the 405 freeway. Than as soon as I really started to look at it, it started moving towards me like it spotted me. I quickly closed my window and laid in bed. A minute later I looked up only to see it was basically right over my house. It flew around my neighborhood all night long at a unusually low height. I saw it pass over my house numerous times.

Since then, I can hear them every single night. They're super loud, and they're starting to scare the crap out of me. I have the constant feeling that I'm being watched. Hopefully it stops soon, my insomnia has become a lot worse since they started.

Ok this is weird. I feel targeted too. Here's the story.

One of the times it was flying around, probably around 6 or 7 at night. It was going around for a while so my friends and I go on my roof to have a cigarette and get a better look. I brought my binoculars. Well it goes by a couple times. I don't get a good look at it because my binos are kinda crappy, some letters on the side but its the same blue and white one. Well after it passes it heads back to downtown, we watch it leave. Less than five minutes later a police care pulls up to the house next to mine and parks. I'm freaking out at this point. What the hell would they send a police car for? Then a bigger one, a big SUV goes by. What the hell? The first one is still there. He doesn't get out, doesn't go talk neighbors, nothing. I have a cigarette on my front porch, lock the door behind me and wait. He does nothing. He just drives away.

It was really, really weird. I'm not trying to be paranoid and the fact that other people have the same thing happen makes me feel a little vindicated and less crazy.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Anyone else in West TN seeing a group of 7 helicopters flying over a little before 2:00? Twice, coming from the same direction(app.SE)
edit on 23-8-2012 by EndlessFire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join