It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montreal protest declared illegal after Molotov cocktail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I heard tim cast was arested on twitter

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24
reply to post by Ben81

I heard tim cast was arested on twitter

i though he was tired and went to sleep
thats why his feed was shut down 1-2 hrs ago
another feeder confirmed it

All i can say .. there is more action right now in Montreal
then the G8 Nato submit ..

i think tomorrow will be a big day for Montreal and Chicago

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by Magnum007

Yes i agree its getting out of control and there is many in the protest that only want to do violence
They talked on the news about imposing a curfew soon
and maybe calling the army that will protect buildings

do you think they will soon impose a curfew and call up the army ?

Look if people are getting hurt, peoples property getting destroyed, federal and economical buildings attacked, and police are getting attacked with explosives, what other options do the have?

Honestly, if you are constantly batteling and need this to stop because ordinary citizens are being penalized by being prevented from living their lives, wouldn't you wan to protect the majority? Especially considering that less than 25% of the entire student population are the ones protesting!

Give me a break! If all the Jehovah's witnesses were the ones protesting, nobody would think twice about this question! But because a few thousand students decided to do this and some are violent it's ok.... Makes no sense to me

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Some picture of the protest tonight

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

This last one is epic

"Faut tu s'immoler tabarnak ?
"Do we have to self-immolate Tabarnak(swear word in Quebec) ?

edit on 20-5-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What bothers me is that syndicates are backing the students.

Currently, syndicates are being watched by the gov of Québec for all the corruption and mafia implication in those syndicates.

But the thing is, this gov was/is sleeping with those syndicates and their friends. Also, the Montreal mafia is sort of headless right now, and killings for the job of the boss are piling up...

I think somewhere along the line, the snake bit its tail, and now its looking for revenge... through the students so it doesn't look like an open war.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

We french canadians use altered version of sacred words to swear. And a lot, at that. Like it's an abundant natural resource.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

We french canadians use altered version of sacred words to swear. And a lot, at that. Like it's an abundant natural resource.

Funny thing that all the most sacred words of the church
are the most negative swearing words in city

Osti
Sacrement
Tabarnaque
Criss

Many french Canadians employ those word in each sentence

and others when they are angry at something or someone
like americans who constantly swear with the F and S words

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

Funny thing that all the most sacred words of the church
are the most negative swearing words in city

Osti
Sacrement
Tabarnaque
Criss

Many french Canadians employ those word in each sentence

and others when they are angry at something or someone
like americans who constantly swear with the F and S words

You forgot " Siboire" and "Calisse"

edit on 20-5-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

lol
I like to think of us as smurfs, regarding our language. Except you have to use the words you put in your post and a few others instead of the word smurf in your sentence.

And many of those must be flying high since the beginning of the students strike!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I though i was missing some lol
i really try now not to swear for nothing anymore
or even if i am angry (im actualy rarely angry)
swearing can bring bad karma

and i dont feel confortable anymore saying them
compare to when i was younger

i find english bad words less offensive then the french canadians one

good to know ATS mods dont know those words ahah

at least the protesters have good reasons to swear those words at Charest
he really diserve all of them

edit on 5/20/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I though i was missing some lol
i really try now not to swear for nothing anymore
or even if i am angry (im actualy rarely angry)
swearing can bring bad karma

and i dont feel confortable anymore saying them
compare to when i was younger

i find english bad words less offensive then the french canadians one

good to know ATS mods dont know those words ahah

at least the protesters have good reasons to swear those words at Charest
he really diserve all of them

I agree, swearing is bad and unnecessary especially because the french language is so rich and beautiful.
But.. sometimes, I must admit there is no other way of putting it, for instance;
"Le Tabarnak de Charest" seems to fit perfectly (please excuse my profanity I was just using an example
)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

You could say the whole chapelet about Charest, and that will never be enough.

I remember when he was first elected, before even looking at the books of the province, he stated we would be short of 3 billions. I told my friends and family that we would be robbed, as a nation, in the following years.
We ended up being short of 6 billions, that year.

And it's been downhill all the way since then, for the province...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Voting this new law in place was not the solution
now he pissed off hundred of thousand of people of Quebec (the province)
the students, the syndicates, the teachers and the Barreau
and we are only 6 millions

Does Charest wants a revolution and blood in his hands ?
This will finish like Mubarak in Egypt

its heading to that .. he continuously puts oil on fire
first it was his nasty jk that all students should go in the North
dont remember exactly
and second .. this new law that look like very police state

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
The protesters are students who don't want the government to raise the tuition fees which have been frozen for 40 years, which would cause the provincial economy to fail and probably end up like California's...

Although the idea is noble and the protests started off fine and peaceful, over time, these protesters prevented people from attending classes after they obtained a court order which lets them back into class if they want to, stormed a university and used violence to remove students from their classes (YES FORCEFULLY REMOVED PEOPLE FROM THEIR RIGHT TO STUDY AFTER OBTAINING A LEGAL COURT ORDER TO RETURN TO SCHOOL IF THEY WISHED TO DO SO), and clashed with police by showing up at protests with pick axes to break the asphalt road to throw rocks at the police, smoke bomb the subway system, and throw explosives at the police for nothing...

If these idiots protested peacefully and without violence, the protests would be like in the beginning, no violence on either side... Because the violence has been going on for 3 months now, where ordinary people are having their cars wrecked, storefronts destroyed, and because ordinary citizens can't get to work, the government and police had to step in and maintain order...

They had their chance to protest peacefully like in the beginning... They lost it, and now suffer the consequences... Luck I don't live in Mtl anymore, because if they would break my # or my home, I wouldn't shoot rubber bullets, tear gas, or sound grenades... I would use live rounds...

edit on 12/5/20 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

Well they had a problem that they have no control over. What happens when you try so solve an important problem and you just can't get any further? Quit? These people realized they cannot quit, they have to do what they have to do. Problem was they couldn't find a peaceful solution.

In this day and age. Who gets things done simply, peacefully, and in a timely fashion? Obviously our government cannot as they cannot even come up with a way to eliminate the debt which American's all over the country have had to do. People have adapted to the financial crisis, problem is its reached that tipping point where trying to fix the problems is nearly impossible with failed band aid fixes (government buyouts).

Its like how they fix the roads across the country the economy has been running on for decades (striking similarity). Patch and pray it holds. Sooner or later, things will reach the breaking point if you use don't attack a problem at the root.

Thats what anyone protesting is doing. They want their voices heard they believe something is wrong and needs reworked.

Problem is they get so fed up they resort to violence. Its happened all throughout history. Independence from Great Britain, civil war, it happens all over the world. And I'm happy its happening all at once around the world in my lifetime. Banning protesting is a slippery slope I don't think anyone truly wants when they take a look at the bigger picture.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Contrary to what some people in the United States and Western Canada say, the French certainly are NOT cowards. They are usually the first to take it to the streets when they are angry. I don't know if there are many French Canadians on ATS, but I'm a West Coast British Canadian and want you French Canadians to know that you'll always have my respect
we're on the same side as you.
edit on 20-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Contrary to what some people in the United States and Western Canada say, the French certainly are NOT cowards. They are usually the first to take it to the streets when they are angry. I don't know if there are many French Canadians on ATS, but I'm a West Coast British Canadian and want you French Canadians to know that you'll always have my respect
we're on the same side as you.
edit on 20-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

Whats sad is American's don't really know what is going on on this planet. The state of the media is mind boggling to me. Glad we have the internet and some people know how to use it besides getting on facebook or mindless games.

According to the news, the US is the best country to live in. The rest of the world are mindless neanderthals who can't get it together and we have to use our military to make the world a better place.

Really thats why I think those running the show are pushing for Iran next. Iran is an industrialized America pre nuclear power. I have no doubt they would makes leaps and bounds in scientific research and study if they became nuclear capable. And we can't have someone catching up with America now can we?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Being a french Canadian living in the Montreal area, I see so many wrongs about this situation, from BOTH sides. And here's my opinion on this degrading situation:

Students.

- Constantly blocking bridges and main streets is the wrong way. They do not hurt the government by doing so, they hurt US, the ordinary working citizens. They affect goods and supply distribution, which will only lead to an increase in goods and services prices. As if these prices along with tax increases, gas increases and any other form of "we'll find a way to tax you more" doesn't hurt us enough. Wanna protest? Go to the G*D*n parliament in Quebec city and harass this a*hole we have as Premier.

- Throwing gas bombs in the subway is the wrong way. Again. who are you hurting by doing this?

- Refusing to sit at tables to negotiate is the wrong way. Nobody ever wins this way. Then when measures are taken - since you refuse democracy - yelling "This is a Declaration of War" is also the wrong way.

- Being masked to show anonymity is fine as long as a protest remains calm. Problem is that being masked opens the door to minuscule s* disturbing groups that enjoy causing chaos for the joy of it. These groups couldn't care less about student rights, it isn't why they are there for. So an anti mask law is put in place and everyone is penalized. Students yelling for freedom and rights should have taken care of these groups themselves but hey...who doesn't enjoy seeing a cop get hit on the head with a brick or a billard ball like it happened last week? Yeah, it's funny, unless you are those cops or their families. This is so wrong on so many levels.

- It's nice to see y'all take the streets and block everything around because you are experiencing an increase (which still makes y'all the CHEAPEST in North America) while you walk around with $600 cell phones, $1500 laptops and $150 signed jeans. Oh, I also enjoy seeing you drive at your local terrasse with your Mom and Dad's 2012 Mazda 6 while you'll plan your next move on a $7 beer. Yeah...it's a real case of misery !

Government.

Same old, same old. Mayor Tremblay is freaking out and Charest is playing little Dictator. So...yeah, let's call in the army and throw this other Federal Dictator that we elected into the mix...

Do you know what all of this tells me?

- Students are fed up.

- Citizens are fed up.

- Cops are fed up.

- Governments, municipal, provincial, federal couldn't care less unless it affects their reelection possibilities.

Basically...we are ALL FED UP.

That's my take on it.

edit on 20-5-2012 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I also think it's stupid how they vandalize small privately owned businesses. If they really want to make a statement they should be destroying government property and police vehicles... not some innocent persons business.

But yeah, everybody is just sick of everything. I have a feeling that it's going to reach a major boiling point very soon.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Exactly ! You know what? I would enjoy seeing them disturbing the source of their claimed problems (while I do not necessarily agree with)...the Government(s).

Block Tremblay or Charest's limos. Not us working people.

Does anyone have a damn clue how much it cost so far when they block arteries in Montreal, just in cop's overtime??

5 million $ +....

And who is paying for that??

Yeah. YOU...ME...

Think that food is more expensive at your local market??

Ain't seen nothing yet, wait a few months.

We are all being hijacked by this situation. Ask any trucker that has to cross a bridge to Montreal how it feels...ask a merchant (I have done so) that has a business in downtown Montreal how it feels when he/she hears news that it is talked in other countries and the newscaster says "Planning a visit in Quebec? avoid downtown Montreal..." Ain't that great?

Hey, I am all for rights and freedom. But not this way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join