It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are LOADS Of Jobs Out There, But People Don't Want To Work!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
There are simply 2 types of people in this world.

Those who DO.

And those who DO NOT.

There is no TRY.

As Yoda once eloquently proclaimed

It ends up being...which one are you?

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Actually, yes. The post you replied to asked about unions, then you said, just people who don't work for unions are the scabs.

So you did indeed seem to be very insulting towards people who aren't part of a union.

If you aren't, you really need to make yourself clear and clarify exactly who you meant to be were scabs.

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Stop being so deceitful. I quoted your use of the word "SCAB", you cannot pretend that was not a labor union term that you used. It is and you used it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by beezzer

To be honest, the OP certainly was a little smug right off the bat.

The days of walking into a company with your resume and high hopes are over. Unless you know how to brown-nose with the best of the best, you are toast.

If it means providing for my family and not living off te teat of government, then yes, I'll brown nose and suck up and dance likea monkey if asked.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

JP is right again.

Was sick in 2005 and they miscalculated a dose of some stuff they were giving me.

Almost killed me.

Thanks Doc.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
ahhh LL people are here?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
ahhh LL people are here?

Wotsa LL people?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You need qualifications for everything you listed. What about people like me that don't even have cash to get started? I live in Upstate NY in a county with one of the highest unemployment ratings in the country and just put in 2 applications at Burger King and other fast food chains in the past week, still haven't heard from any of them, and now im out of cell phone minutes. I just want to work up enough money to get a 99 dollar bus ticket to florida but that's not happening anytime soon... Everybody around here is depressed and are drug dealers or scumbags. I hate it. I'm going to a temp work service tomorrow, I hope they contact me back somehow... I need to make 20 bucks and reup on my tracfone and hope everything works out. I'd love to go to college but the debit is unbearable. Hopefully there's something for me down south. I'm about to just live off the land again...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
are you speaking for America or the entire world here

Im a 20 year old male, Canadian citizen.. and finding work has been soo hard for me.. Maybe the OPoster can get me a job ?

~ Love is an art

edit on 19-5-2012 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Could you please inform me ow great one how im supposed to re-school myself or start a private business when my income is around 800 euro's and my rent ALONE is 480 euro's,utilities around 200 euro's, ow and food ofcourse (may i eat at least?)

Im already without most insurances because i simply can't pay them and people like me should "just re-educate or start a private business"?

Ur delusional and should wake up to the REAL world.

ETA: lost my job 3 years ago due to illness after working 12 years straight, dont you dare call me lazy, or anyone else who lost his job. Nobody's hiring, only firing.
edit on 19/5/12 by Romekje because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Can't say I disagree with the problems of modern medicine, but that still doesn't answer my question.

Would you let a surgeon operate on you without any certification?

The guy next door wants to be a surgeon, but has no training. Are you going to let him take out your appendix?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kingllama

Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines offer free training. Maybe even the peace corps.

One of my posts I posted a link to find jobs at the South Pole.

aq.indeed.com...

If you are willing any of those will pay your transportation...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic

There are real and in some cases insurmountable hurdles placed before the people you are calling lazy.

The true laziness is in your inability to empathize or even consider what their life might be like. You refuse to walk in their shoes. You likely have not even met someone struggling to live on unemployment. You are ASSUMING what their life is like. You are ASSUMING they can be hired for skilled labor as they are unskilled. You are ASSUMING so much, and you're wrong. You are plain, and simple, and completely wrong.

You do not know how poverty or the world works. You do not know how hiring works. You do not know how skilled labor works.

Stop pretending that you do.

Stop pretending you're more intelligent than anyone else in this thread.

Just stop. You're making a fool of yourself.

Could not have said it any better...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but OP, you are completely out of touch with reality. You are right about this: that success takes time, often years of planning and hard work to progress to a financial state where you can secure your own and your children's future.

However, this isn't 1985 anymore. This is 2012, and the job market sucks. People who DID spend 20-30 years grooming their career are suddenly jobless. Where does a 50-60 year old go for a job? Most companies want to hire in the 25-35 range. How do you pay your bills, feed your family, and afford the damn gas to go to your minimum wage job while trying to "go to trade school" and become an electrician or a plumber? That's not a realistic situation. Sure, if you are young and have parents kind enough to let you stay at home after high school, it's very possible and frankly, advisable, to go to some kind of useful trade school. Then you can also afford to work a part time job to pay for your school and the gas.

But guess what, pal... I've been out of school a bit longer than that. Enough to have a wife and 2 children, and now I literally cannot afford to just go to some trade school. How do I feed my children and pay the rent and bills? I have to have a job for that. Lucky for me, I am probably getting a well paying job at a nearby state prison.

Sorry man, but- You know what? I'm not sorry. You're wrong. Everyone has a different circumstance and not everybody can just do what you propose. "Become an electrician/plumber/landscaper/IT technician" Yeah, I should just become a nobel prize winning physicist. I just need to apply myself, huh?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

I used to be all for joining the forces, but after seeing what happened to my friend after he joined the marines, I wouldn't want to join. He came back with a slew of health issues, he told me he was vaccinated for 11 things and now he has ED.... Screw that.

Not to mention I do not want to sell my soul to the military industrial complex and I do not agree with their motives. I'd like to become a scientist maybe even develop weapons but that doesn't sound appealing to me anymore, I can't stand the idea of killing others...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

A trained surgeon is not the same thing as a certified surgeon. I have loads of dental problems and little money to handle the problem. I rely upon an El Salvadorean dentist who has no credentials here in the U.S.

That makes him an outlaw, in spite of the fact that he is an outstanding dentist who is affordable. That makes him a hero in my eyes.

edit on 19-5-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have applied for 50 jobs in 6 ,months. Sure there maybe a limited amount of jobs but jobs are too specfic. One job I applied for had odd hours I figured they could be flexible. I went to the interveiw and it was a12 hour shift job with no promise of a break at a mental hospital. It was in my feild; psychology but working with the mentally ill recquires shorter hours or a long break. It was only 3 days a week no benefits. I would have done the job no problem but they were not willing to be flexible at all.
That was the only interveiw I had out of the 50 I applied for. Everyone of the jobs I was qualifed for and some slightly under or over qualfied but I applied anyways. I even applied for a few low paying jobs that had nothing to do with my psychology degree. I applied for a sales job which wanted specfic experience in a specfic feild. The problem is the jobs have too specfic qualfications or they try to cheat the system. What I mean is they classify something as part time but with full time hours so they don't have to give breaks or benefits.
If the statement was in fact true that there are loads of jobs out there I would have had one in a week. I do freelance work and I am self employed but I don't make enough money.I would say in 1997 there were loads of jobs. I could drive 2 miles and come across more jobs than I found in 6 months. Basically 50 businesses in a 10 mile area would be hiring. They were more flexible and were willing to train. It is a completely different job market now. The OP must either be young or have forgotten what it is to really have tons of jobs available.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Then that is the failure of the employees who organized to set a fair percentage for dues.

Hell, even .5%-1% would be enough in some cases where I work. Instead, we get to deal with the insane management.

OH JOY!

How many of you are right-to-work putzes?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Umm, you messed up on your quote.

A plumber is an experienced, skilled worker, that is what your op started out with.

The market for inexperienced IT workers or plumbers is very small.

Like I said earlier, there are tons of inexperienced people trying to develop skills willing to work for little money, but very few opportunities, and that is the point I made that proves you wrong. If you want to hire an inexperience plumber, you should have no problem hiring one, which is the opposite of what you claimed in the op.

You developed your skills on your own, not many people can do that, even though there are many out there attempting to do the same thing. Most everyone starts out at that level. At this point in time, there are even less opportunities, and your claim is the opposite of the reality.

And when did you start out? Within the last few years?

Or back when the market for inexperienced workers was much better?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Going to antartica sounds badass but I'm not someone that really enjoys the cold... After spending most of my life living above the 40th lat. experiencing winters always dipping below zero... No thank you lol

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join