It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Convoy Heading Towards NATO Summit As Chicago Law Enforcement Prepares For War With Protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You know about the Chicago NATO protest well it dosent sound like its going to be a very fun weekend

Chicago police and security personal are set for what they seem to believe will be a full scale battle with protesters during this weekends NATO Summit. With numerous protest groups set to launch widespread protests throughout the weekend, the police state is out like never before

i Have a felling like this is going to be a very violent weekend the scary part is that according to this article people actually disappeared

In a move eerily reminiscent of the Soviet Union and East Germany, multiple activists were arrested and literally disappeared just days before the summit An article published by RT quoted a National Lawyers Guild spokesman in regards to the pre crime arrests: Hermes adds to the Tribune that “there’s absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing,” and that law enforcement officers were simply trying to make the activists “disappear” days before police expect major anti-NATO protests in Chicago.

And the FBI And the secret service are Planning on jamming cell phone towers to disrupt protests

The Daily Beast reports that the FBI and Secret Service have standing authority to jam signals and they can also push for the shutdown of cell towers, thanks to “Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) 303,” which lays out the nation’s official “Emergency Wireless Protocols.” It was created after the London bombings in 2005, when federal security services shut off cellular networks in New York’s tunnel, fearing a similar attack. Since then, cell phone jammers have been used in situations like President Obama’s inauguration, with the Secret Service claiming there was a bomb threat, as well as a number of other cases

It seems like this is going to be an experiment to see how far they can push the police state and if they can actually get away with it know what do you think will happen

Intel hub artice 1

Intel hub artice 2

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'll keep my eyes and ears open for more c-17s. Fighter planes as well :p

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well..........

The picture shows 2 Army trucks.....3 Is not really a convoy.

Also it says they were "headed towards Chicago". What does that mean? Are they outside Chicago 3 miles headed in or are they leaving Denver Headed East? Pretty unclear and I think it is just somebody trying to sensationalize the story.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Saw a small plane that SOUNDED like a chopper. I tried to get it on video. It's probably too small though. The sky is milky. Idk. It's turned to a sort of slow constant flow of air traffic.
This is 40mi out west of Chicago.
edit on 19-5-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

If it is a true story, then it's a fake out.
C-17s have been flying over. They've got plenty of "supplies." be it tanks, soldiers, or something else.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
we need some armed second amendment loving folks to be down there for the people. kind of like what that J.T. Ready guy was doing, but not guys like that so to speak. but the protesters deserve to have their own defense measures in place as well in case it gets violent on them.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

.....I have a ghilliesuit..... That'll help... Right?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It should make every American citizen sick to think of all of the taxes going for the protection of these degenerates who do nothing but SCREW this planet up on a massive scale.

Whether there are protestors there or not, the tax money paying for their protection is STAGGERING.

Hopefully the protestors raise enough HELL to convince them to have their little underhanded meetings in another country from now on.

edit on 19-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
we need some armed second amendment loving folks to be down there for the people. kind of like what that J.T. Ready guy was doing, but not guys like that so to speak. but the protesters deserve to have their own defense measures in place as well in case it gets violent on them.

J.T. Ready was a 'KKK' freak really you like him? He killed an infant....you like him? If you really admire this guy then I feel sorry for you!
Read this...
www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

On May 2, one of Arizona's most prominent right-wing extremists, J.T. Ready, shot and killed four innocent people in Gilbert including a baby. He then turned the gun on himself. Ready's transformation into a murdering psychopath was there for all to see, but his neo-Nazi vigilantism went unchecked for years.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

On May 2, one of Arizona's most prominent right-wing extremists, J.T. Ready, shot and killed four innocent people in Gilbert including a baby. He then turned the gun on himself. Ready's transformation into a murdering psychopath was there for all to see, but his neo-Nazi vigilantism went unchecked for years.

how could he have been a "murdering psychopath"
if he killed himself ?
"was there for all to see" sounds like we're being told to think

sounds more like he was set up if he didn't kill himself out of regret
just my to cents there

IAMGabriel is claiming the earth will open up her mouth and swallow all the POS
gathered that day in chi.

wouldn't that be awesome?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The army? As far as I know the American army cant be deployed against Americans, however in Kent State it was the National guard which fired on Americans and in washington too. That was back in the 70s. What are the guidelines about deploying the army against americans?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Our greatest fears are materializing before our very eyes.

Oppression from our governments are upon us. Don't beleive me? What you talk about has been happening for years.

We will be prevented from protesting. Our voices behind silenced by:

Intimidation

Fear

Anxiety

Our governments will stop at nothing to silence our voices.

Very soon shock troops such as these will be deployed to metropolitan areas to "keeo our popoulation in check"

You see men, policemen, soldiers, firefighters, etc. Men have morality. They will question their orders and the government knows that it is very difficult to have men silence men because of the human soul, because of empathy. But soon robotoc shock troops will be used in these cases.

Our voices are being silenced and technoloy will be our undoing.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
All Law Enforcement who fights against the people will be killed.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Well..........

The picture shows 2 Army trucks.....3 Is not really a convoy.

Also it says they were "headed towards Chicago". What does that mean? Are they outside Chicago 3 miles headed in or are they leaving Denver Headed East? Pretty unclear and I think it is just somebody trying to sensationalize the story.

Lots of sensationalism...........nothing is going to happen people, quit blowing stories out of proportion....

Mark my words, nothing more then the normal few protester arrests (except for the cases with the "bomb makers") is gonna happen........

No mass arrests.....no military rounding up people.........

The day will end just like the others.........

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingPanzergrenadier

And you know this how?

This sounds like a threat............

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by cavalryscout

how could he have been a "murdering psychopath"
if he killed himself ?
"was there for all to see" sounds like we're being told to think

sounds more like he was set up if he didn't kill himself out of regret
just my to cents there

IAMGabriel is claiming the earth will open up her mouth and swallow all the POS
gathered that day in chi.

wouldn't that be awesome?

Wonder if he will agree never to make another prediction thread ever again, when nothing happens?

Think its a possibility?

Again I think nothing extraordinary is going to happen.......

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
The army? As far as I know the American army cant be deployed against Americans, however in Kent State it was the National guard which fired on Americans and in washington too. That was back in the 70s. What are the guidelines about deploying the army against americans?

Posse Comitatus prohibits the use of federal troops to enforce the "laws of the land", or in other words, the military cannot be deployed as "police". It's tricky though, because the Governor of any state can activate the National Guard to be used within the state. Though, today.. the National Guard is very "federal", and it bears no difference from active military personnel in how it is trained, geared and activated. It is a loophole, and corrupt.. and should have been amended a long time ago.

This Act isn't even followed anymore, however, because there are many "emergency executive orders" officials can activate that override any acts, laws, etc. Constitutional or otherwise. So at this point, these words don't matter.

Then there is the matter of the police being militarized in it's training, and it's gear..... So.. yea. This is where we are, now.
edit on 20-5-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

And you know this how?

A threat to whom? You need at least two parties, a means to do it and evidence for a threat.

If you tried hard enough, you could construct a fantasy around this one sentence, and shape it to fit a paranoid narrative. Isn't pre-crime fun.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by HangTheTraitors

These are people fighting for YOUR rights and this is how you thank them. These costs are nothing compared to the billions that has been stolen from you over the last few decades.

And now you want to b*tch about taxpayers money?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

And you know this how?

A threat to whom? You need at least two parties, a means to do it and evidence for a threat.

If you tried hard enough, you could construct a fantasy around this one sentence, and shape it to fit a paranoid narrative. Isn't pre-crime fun.

Well considering the two parties........I assume that hes threatening the police........

It was pretty clear to me.........

Or we could obfuscate it more, like you just tried to do

new topics

top topics

join