It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eisenhower's Son Voting for Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Stating that today's "Republician Party" is totally unfamiliar to me, John Eisenhower says that he is voting for Kerry.

www.foxnews.com...

TRAPPE, Md. � John Eisenhower, son of Republican President Eisenhower (search), said in a newspaper column this week that he will vote for Democratic Sen. John Kerry (search) for president on Nov. 2.

In a rare public announcement, Eisenhower said he switched his party affiliation from Republican to independent after 50 years after losing confidence in his former party. He said Kerry has demonstrated courage, competence and a concern for tackling the "widening socio-economic gap in this country."

It seems at least one exRepublician has seen the light, and knows "Its about the economy"
I have noticed something while living in the states, the economy is good when Democrats are in office, and there is always a war somewhere when Repulicans are in office

[edit on 30-9-2004 by valkeryie]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Don't be ignorant to the fact that there were wars during Clinton's 8 years...

But he just handled it quickly, efficiently, and correctly.

With only 1 notable mistake.

Democrats have historically (in the 20th century) been the stronger party while in office.

Despite what Ken starr would have you believe...Gettin a little action in the office ain't such a bad thing, so long as you're getting the job done. Since Clinton put up the first year for the US in the black, I'd say he got the job done.

But, the very next fiscal year, under the guiding hand of W, we get the biggest deficit in the history of the US. amazing, wot?

Democrats aren't so much evil as they are efficient.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
Stating that today's "Republician Party" is total unfamiliar to me, John Eisenhower says that he is voting for Kerry.

...YADA......YADA.......YADA.....

I have noticed something while living in the states, the economy is good when Democrats are in office, and there is always a war somewhere when Repulicans are in office

REPLY; WHEN GENERAL DWIGHT DAVID EISENHOWER WAS PRESIDENT DURING THE 50sWE DID HAVE THE 'POLICE ACTION' VS N. KOREA...BUT IKEs INCUMBANCY WAS ALSO LOOKED UPON AS 'THE GOOD OLE DAYS' AFTER THE DEMOCRAT REGIMES OF KENNEDY & JOHNSON GOT AMERICA ENTANGLED IN S.E. ASIA FOR MORE THAN A DECADE....UNTIL THE REPUB. NIXXON GOT THE U.S. outta viet-NAM...WHERE OF COURSE...SEN. KERRY GETS HIS CLAIM TO FAME

With all things considered, it makes me no never-mind that Ikes son finds himself supporting Sen. Kerry.....WHAT is NOTABLE...is that John can make public his views and endorsement....Without any apparent rewards attached to his DECLARATION OF INTENT

peace

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Don't be ignorant to the fact that there were wars during Clinton's 8 years...

But he just handled it quickly, efficiently, and correctly.

With only 1 notable mistake.

Democrats have historically (in the 20th century) been the stronger party while in office.

Despite what Ken starr would have you believe...Gettin a little action in the office ain't such a bad thing, so long as you're getting the job done. Since Clinton put up the first year for the US in the black, I'd say he got the job done.

INSERT HERE THAT SOME OF THE HIGH FALLUTIN GROWTH WHICH CAME ABOUT DURING CLINTONS REGIME WAS A RESULT OF THE PLANNED BASE CLOSURES THROUGHT THE USA....WHICH GENERATED BILLIONS OF NEW REVENUES AS THE TAXPAYER PAID LAND WITH IMPROVEMENTS WERE TURNED INTO TAXABLE LAND & ASSETTS FOR LOCAL ECONOMIES....ALL-IN-ALL, ID RATE CLINTONESQUE FUDICIARY DUTIES AS A GIGANTIC BUST....THE DEMS REGIME BLEW THE 'PEACE DIVIDEND' THE BASE CLOSURE REVENUES, ETC. WITH REAL INEPTNESS !

But, the very next fiscal year, under the guiding hand of W, we get the biggest deficit in the history of the US. amazing, wot?

???KINDA infers that ENRON, WordCom, Adelphia, et al...the Fund Families & other Brokerage Houses which fell short on ETHICS-> were not bubbling & seething during the Clinton DEM/Regime but broke into the public scene after the REPUB/Bush/Regime took power??...sorta like the tragic 9-11 event , occurring Sept 11th 2001....which was being planned since 1995, according to intel sources & the 911 commission....
.......but,,, hey....you've Already Made Up Your Mind--> peace

Democrats aren't so much evil as they are efficient.

new topics

top topics

join