It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Things That The Mainstream Media Are Being Strangely Quiet About

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by Somethingintheclouds

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Can we get a list of these 10 things for those that arent able to watch videos right now?

#1 Strange Things Happening On The Sun

#2 Fukushima

#3 Rise In Volcanic Activity Around The World

#4 Strange Sounds In The Sky

#5 Increase In Global Earthquakes

#6 Crazy Tornado Outbreaks

#7 Obama Signs Disturbing Executive Order

#8 Evacuation Drills At U.S. Public Schools

#9 Giant Sinkholes

#10 Mass Deaths

Hope you get to watch the video is explained in more detail

#1 - Normal. Read a science website.
#2. - Year old news that was covered like crazy when it was fresh. New developments are covered by the media.
#3 - Normal. Read a science website
#4 - Fake, not newsworthy
#5 - Normal. Read a science website
#6 - Normal. Read a science website
#7 - Disturbing for who? Also, this was covered by the media.
#8 - Nothing sinister here, it's for safety
#9 - Last year's news, explainable by weather conditions
#10 - Normal. Read a science website

So, to break it down... the media either already has, or is still covering these stories, and the ones that aren't covered are because they're explainable with a little research.

#1 - Scientists Stumped By Sun's Asymmetrically Reversing Magnetic Field, increasing is solar flares and tornado on the sun three times the size of earth.....Yeah really normal do better better research
#2. - Why do you go # yourself
#3 - Science wont help you now
#4 - why because a scientist tells you so
#5 - your a sheep
#6 - your prob a puppet master oh wait your not that intelligent
#7 - Well I centennially did not see it
#8 - hmmm really
#9 - your a twat
#10 - your an idiot

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nahahh

I centrally do not make stuff up for the limelight please!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by itsallmaya
reply to post by smyleegrl

I wonder why these procedures seem to vary from state to state. I have received memos from my children's school stating that in accordance with federal guidelines, emergency drills will be taken place at the school on such and such dates. But all the school seems to require is to have a plan formulated and implemented in case of a lockdown (such as Columbine) type of emergency where the whole school is locked and the teachers gather the children in a corner with the lights out and the blinds drawn. Until they get the okay they are to stay that way until further notice. There is nothing about taking them on a bus to another location although they have had bus drills on how to safely evacuate their bus in certain emergencies.

I would be very suspicious about why they would evacuate the children to a secret location? Wouldn't that be more dangerous in a Columbine type of event if the kids were to leave the building as opposed to a full lockdown in the school?
edit on 5/17/2012 by itsallmaya because: spelling error

You are right. We actually have two drills we practice. One is just as you describe; we huddle in the corner with the doors locked and the blinds drawn shut. That is for an intruder on campus.

However, we also do the emergency evacuation drill. I'm assuming that would probably be used for a bomb threat, gas leak in the building, what have you. The kids have even practiced running in a zigzag...isn't that sad?

Federal government mandates the schools have a crisis plan in place, but the individual states (and perhaps school systems) have final say about what goes in the crisis plan.

I wonder why they are doing this more and more though perhaps a false flag terror attack again? Or are the Americans that paranoid?

In the wake of Columbine and Virginia Tech, it seems prudent to be prepared for crazed gunmen.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I have to stick to possible because earth changes are on the increase too and America is preparing for lock down

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Somethingintheclouds

And surely I understand why media is ignoring the items on that list. Its really a grim reaper's list.

That said, I do not know, if its good for the general audience to know anything about those issues, before something can be done, or atleast can be facilitated on those topics. Too disturbing, too much to worry, and may lead to civil unrest - and who knows for no real reason what so ever. Current access to the information is in fact quite reasonable. Those who can, will know.

Then again, one personally should raise to defcon2, and consider options on how to survive if SHTF. Sum of those events may be a darn heavy toll to bear; (sudden EMP burst from Sun knocking down the infra for months, Pacific rim blazing in flames, and making El Nino look like, errhh, El Nino, when big mama sings)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deckdel

And surely I understand why media is ignoring the items on that list. Its really a grim reaper's list.

That said, I do not know, if its good for the general audience to know anything about those issues, before something can be done, or atleast can be facilitated on those topics. Too disturbing, too much to worry, and may lead to civil unrest - and who knows for no real reason what so ever. Current access to the information is in fact quite reasonable. Those who can, will know.

Then again, one personally should raise to defcon2, and consider options on how to survive if SHTF. Sum of those events may be a darn heavy toll to bear; (sudden EMP burst from Sun knocking down the infra for months, Pacific rim blazing in flames, and making El Nino look like, errhh, El Nino, when big mama sings)

It might be a grim reapers list but it is happening.

We are all doomed anyway have you seen the weather lately surely the open minded thinking people can do something....Time for great awakening is at hand!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Theres one thing I notice here on is that most of us see there is a problem and the deceit that the sheeple are fed.But what is the solution? Is there anything us the "Awake" ones can do? Can we escape? Can we be safe? The answer is yes we can be safe and escape, but I cant go into further details here for one I would need to make a new thread (which I can't do at this time until i hit 20 post) and two I don't feel like arguing with people who believe Mainstream Media as truth. So for any of you that are awake and wanna do something about this contact me. See ya there.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So...what are the best alternative news channels? I sometimes watch current...that's about it. Any other options?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I know you as a debunker want to debunk the topic, but, do be choosy about it.
You are kidding yourself debunking every single bit thats is listed there, get real.

Debunking is fine by me, but, do it by "honestly", not "need to".
Look at Vendettas respond.

He didnt debunk all but most, but have more "honest feeling" towards it.
Yours... pretty much "I need to debunk all this", are you on a purpose or something ?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Can we get a list of these 10 things for those that arent able to watch videos right now?

#2 Fukushima

#9 Giant Sinkholes

#10 Mass Deaths

#2. - Year old news that was covered like crazy when it was fresh. New developments are covered by the media.

So, to break it down... the media either already has, or is still covering these stories, and the ones that aren't covered are because they're explainable with a little research.

#1 - Scientists Stumped By Sun's Asymmetrically Reversing Magnetic Field, increasing is solar flares and tornado on the sun three times the size of earth.....Yeah really normal do better better research
#5 - your a sheep
#8 - hmmm really
#9 - your a twat
#10 - your an idiot

What a grown up response but exceedingly telling. Quite clearly your response proves that you are wrong (read the psychology, unfortunately it won't be on a "lets ignore the truth and regurgitate the same old nonsense" website).

Is your inability to admit you are wrong so terrifying that you have to resort to abusive terms in the safety of your anonymous internet connection?

Before I sign off.......you are not anonymous.......who's behind you........who's that at your door.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

From 1 - 6 then 9 & 10

My Theory is !!!!

The Solar System Of OURS! is Closer to the Charged Interstellar Cloud Then We Think !

Our Science Says it will not Happen until within a 100 years !

Back When on ATS
Solar System Passing Through Highly Magnetised Interstellar Cloud, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What if they are Wrong ! and is much earlier

What if This is the Effect On the Approach of the Cloud !!

That is One Possible Explanation.....

Interstellar Energy Cloud may be as much to Blame for Climate Change as CO2 Emissions
oilprice.com...

LEGIT SITES!!!!

( NASA)
Voyager Makes an Interstellar Discovery
science.nasa.gov...

December 23, 2009: The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist. In the Dec. 24th issue of Nature, a team of scientists reveal how NASA's Voyager spacecraft have solved the mystery. see caption"Using data from Voyager, we have discovered a strong magnetic field just outside the solar system," explains lead author Merav Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University. "This magnetic field holds the interstellar cloud together and solves the long-standing puzzle of how it can exist at all."

IBEX: Glimpses of the Interstellar Material Beyond our Solar System

A great magnetic bubble surrounds the solar system as it cruises through the galaxy. The sun pumps the inside of the bubble full of solar particles that stream out to the edge until they collide with the material that fills the rest of the galaxy, at a complex boundary called the heliosheath. On the other side of the boundary, electrically charged particles from the galactic wind blow by, but rebound off the heliosheath, never to enter the solar system. Neutral particles, on the other hand, are a different story. They saunter across the boundary as if it weren't there, continuing on another 7.5 billion miles for 30 years until they get caught by the sun's gravity, and sling shot around the star.

www.nasa.gov...

Ribbon at Edge of Our Solar System: Will the Sun Enter a Million-Degree Cloud of Interstellar Gas?

ScienceDaily (May 21, 2010) — Is the Sun going to enter a million-degree galactic cloud of interstellar gas soon?
www.sciencedaily.com...

Is the solar system entering a nearby interstellar cloud
Vidal-Madjar, A.; Laurent, C.; Bruston, P.; Audouze, J.
Astrophysical Journal, Part 1, vol. 223, July 15, 1978, p. 589-600.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Fluffy Mystery at Edge of Solar System Solved
by SPACE.com Staff
Date: 23 December 2009 Time: 03:54 PM ET
www.space.com...

Our solar system is passing through a cloud of interstellar material that shouldn't be there, astronomers say. And now the decades-old Voyager spacecraft have helped solved the mystery. The cloud is called the "Local Fluff." It's about 30 light-years wide and holds a wispy mix of hydrogen and helium atoms, according to a NASA statement released today. Stars that exploded nearby, about 10 million years ago, should have crushed the Fluff or blown it away.

www.space.com...

edit on 17-5-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

I know you as a debunker want to debunk the topic, but, do be choosy about it.
You are kidding yourself debunking every single bit thats is listed there, get real.

I didn't debunk anything; I simply pointed out that most of what the OP thinks is being under-reported simply isn't news. There are plenty of resources for people who want to follow those topics, but they are all less pressing to a general audience than whether it's going to rain tomorrow or not. That's all.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

Basically it all depends a) from which side of the Sun the huge eruption will shoot out, b) which side of the Earth it will hit and c) how long will be the exposure - and thus how much of the planet will share the pain.

Add to this mess, our solar system is also passing through this intergalactic hot cloud. I have no idea what that means in practice, other than this cloud is hot, 6000 degC, but our beloved Sun should shield much of us from that - or if not, then they better have a darn good AC at ISS.

Thinking these deep dark thoughts here - I am really hoping the ETs have been sending those major large UFOs spotted near the Sun. The scale of events is such, we really need any dog food and pet care they can offer.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
so........yeah........that music was really bad.....i mean really really really bad. but any who, the information was great. so i guess that makes this a good post. i've seen something similar to this before. it really is frustrating that the MSM won't report on these things. there's normally not any real "news" on any of them. i can't remember the last time i heard real news.
edit on 17-5-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: spell

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
Theres one thing I notice here on is that most of us see there is a problem and the deceit that the sheeple are fed.But what is the solution? Is there anything us the "Awake" ones can do? Can we escape? Can we be safe? The answer is yes we can be safe and escape, but I cant go into further details here for one I would need to make a new thread (which I can't do at this time until i hit 20 post) and two I don't feel like arguing with people who believe Mainstream Media as truth. So for any of you that are awake and wanna do something about this contact me. See ya there.

See ya there borther

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

#2 Fukushima

#9 Giant Sinkholes

#10 Mass Deaths

#5 - your a sheep
#8 - hmmm really
#9 - your a twat
#10 - your an idiot

What a grown up response but exceedingly telling. Quite clearly your response proves that you are wrong (read the psychology, unfortunately it won't be on a "lets ignore the truth and regurgitate the same old nonsense" website).

Is your inability to admit you are wrong so terrifying that you have to resort to abusive terms in the safety of your anonymous internet connection?

Before I sign off.......you are not anonymous.......who's behind you........who's that at your door.

You should not discredit others who work hard on making videos you should not threaten others either

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I must admit that all of this is unnerving to say the least. Its too bad that people in general don't acknowledge the faint writing on the wall, the writing that states quite clearly - something is wrong. Be it either financially, environmentally, or socially. The main thing to remember, and its not our fault its who we are, that we will always chose to see what it is that we want to see. Until its too late, but hindsight is 20/20 isn't it?.
Generally I think people as a whole are too rash, a person can weigh decisions, people as a whole do it illogically if it is a dire situation. So, if it is a case of our impending doom, what benefit would their be to causing mass chaos? If we can weather it sure.. but I would prefer to live in the illusion of ignorance than see society spiral quickly towards carnal disfunction.

Two cents.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
so........yeah........that music was really bad.....i mean really really really bad. but any who, the information was great. so i guess that makes this a good post. i've seen something similar to this before. it really is frustrating that the MSM won't report on these things. there's normally not any real "news" on any of them. i can't remember the last time i heard real news.
edit on 17-5-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: spell

Cheers I think its hard to pick out good music that everyone will like but I liked the music myself

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deckdel
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

Basically it all depends a) from which side of the Sun the huge eruption will shoot out, b) which side of the Earth it will hit and c) how long will be the exposure - and thus how much of the planet will share the pain.

Add to this mess, our solar system is also passing through this intergalactic hot cloud. I have no idea what that means in practice, other than this cloud is hot, 6000 degC, but our beloved Sun should shield much of us from that - or if not, then they better have a darn good AC at ISS.

Thinking these deep dark thoughts here - I am really hoping the ETs have been sending those major large UFOs spotted near the Sun. The scale of events is such, we really need any dog food and pet care they can offer.

Beam me up Scotty!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

#5 - your a sheep
#8 - hmmm really
#9 - your a twat
#10 - your an idiot

I watched your video and despite your melodramatic prose and sometimes atrocious pronunciation of basic words, it was interesting, it gave pause for thought and offered potential avenues of further research. Of course the "strange sounds" thing has (in my opinion) been conclusively debunked the sink-hole thing was news to me so I figured I'd cut you some slack and listen to what you had to say... Then... Then... you come on here and begin hurling insults at people that may disagree with your "world view" and you expect to be taken seriously!?

You have lost all credibility, every last ounce of it. You have exposed yourself as an immature bully and if anyone dare challenge your "research" they open themselves to your personal insults. Why? You took the time to make the video now take the time to defend it properly without resorting to "your (sic) a twat," etc.

And for the love of all that is holy, download a spell checker!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join