It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo 3 Battletags

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
With Diablo 3 hours away(OMGOMGOMG), I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we can post our Battletag. It would be pretty awesome to play with other ATS'ers.

CaPpedDoG#1993

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Undecided if I am interested in this game yet.

What are the selling points to you about it?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Did you ever play diablo 2?

What I like about this game, is that its only for pro gamers. They said that 80% of the players who are going to play, wont make it to the hardest part.

Second, they hide a lot of Easter eggs in this game. There is so many things that you can do.

Thirdly, its merely a single player game. You can how ever play with 3 friends at a time if you want. I'm going 50/50.

And there is no monthly fee like in WoW. That is also why they made it so hard.
Plus, he started on diablo 3 for 7 years ago, so I really hope the game will rock.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CaPpedDoG

OP did you play the open beta? I am interested on what you thought of it if you did.

I did play the beta and whilst I had quite a blast I couldn't help but feel a little bit underwhelmed (I do understand it was only the beta though).
Don't get me wrong, I will probably end up buying it still to give it a proper go, but based on the excitement I detected in the OP I am quite interested in what features of this game you are most looking forward to?

Eagerly awaiting a response

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

It's Diablo, enough said.

GhostLord#1522

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I am a little nervous about the game though.
There's actually more people working on Guild wars 2 from the original Diablo team, than there are working on Diablo 3. however, it'll most likely be tons of fun and addicting.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

GhostLord#1522

Not really enough said, IMO. Sequels are prone to dissappoint, my friend.

I'm sure this wont be the case but he did ask a valid question

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst

Did you ever play diablo 2?

No. I played the original Diablo however. That game, for the time, was pretty damn cool.

Thing is, engines, graphics, etc etc etc all progress with time. Diablo 3 (trailers) remind me of diablo 1 frankly in regards to..well, everything.

If I remember correctly (I occasionally get Diablo and Baulders Gate mixed up), there wasn't much on the roleplaying aspect...more of a hack and slash, get better armor, weapons, potions, magic, and go hack and slash more...which is dull to me overall. Don't get me wrong, I like a good battle, but when it means something. Not a 4000 creatures every 3rd step you take for no real reason...

Fallout is a good series to watch evolve over time. From an initial top down feel like this, to what we have today, of a fully 3d rendered world...but then and now, it was roleplay heavy..aka, you actually gave a ---- about the people you are trying to rescue.

ok, I am going all game nerdy here. basically, I want games to evolve into something. the top down design doesn't thrill me unless its more focused on heavy roleplay verses action...If your not going for graphics, then the story and characters better be gripping

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

GhostLord#1522

Ya, I really don't auto-buy stuff based on title alone
there are exceptions. Anything saying Elder Scrolls, Fallout, or Mass Effect I do auto-buy...but thats because I am hooked on the storyline.

I didn't buy any of the modern warfares (bang bang), Wish I would have given Dragon Age 2 a skip (they forgot to put a plot in that game). etc...

If title alone sold stuff, they could simply have a 4 second commercial:
Game X part 3. Buy it...you know you will.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I was in the closed beta, so I got lots of game time in. Granted, the beta was very short, it was still lots of fun. The fact that I put so much time into it, repeating the same content, IMO, goes to show how epic the full game will be. Some people complained how they felt there was little to no choice with the skills, but Blizzard has stated that it was intentional. They want to ease the players into the game.
I am personally really excited for Inferno. If it is as hard as they say it will be, then AWESOME. The Real Money Auction House is cool too! I mean, honestly, how cool is it that you can play the game, have an epic time, and make a little money (or a lot?) on the side?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CaPpedDoG

Touché. I never realised the real money AH could be used to make the players money, I assumed it would be like every freemium game out there. Fantastic news indeed

I will post back here later with my Battletag (forgot mine from Beta and I am at work currently)

Peace

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The reason I said "Diablo, enough said", is because if you know the type of game it is, there's really not much more you can say.
lol all the commercial says is "Evil is back" "available on may 15th."

it's a hack-and-slash action rpg. There's not really any selling to be done, you either like them or you don't. Diablo is the classic action rpg. I could list changes made from Diablo 2, but unless you're a fan of action rpgs, it's not going to mean anything.
It's diablo enough said. There's very few games where that's a good response. Diablo is one of the very few.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The reason I said "Diablo, enough said", is because if you know the type of game it is, there's really not much more you can say.
lol all the commercial says is "Evil is back" "available on may 15th."

it's a hack-and-slash action rpg. There's not really any selling to be done, you either like them or you don't. Diablo is the classic action rpg. I could list changes made from Diablo 2, but unless you're a fan of action rpgs, it's not going to mean anything.
It's diablo enough said. There's very few games where that's a good response. Diablo is one of the very few.

I was talking to my friend about D3, and he was complaining it was the same thing. He said "it's still just hack and slash..." Seriously, DUH it's still hack and slash. That's the kind of game it is. It's like saying the new Counter-Strike is still just an FPS... lol
edit on 14-5-2012 by CaPpedDoG because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Btw, is anyone else having problems with the Blizzard downloader.... mine is literally stuck around .20 to 100kb/s. I have all my ports open too. Dunno wtf is wrong!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

lol you've obviously never played Diablo 2....

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Okay so whilst I was stuck firmly on the fence about whether or not I should get Diablo 3, my GF decided to purchase it for me as a suprise

I had nothing but aggro getting the damn thing installed, about 5 hours all told and I am good with PC's, Lol.

That was all the free time I had before work too, so am yet to play it, but will be home hacking and slashing away before too long!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

Yeah servers are up pretty steady now so should be good for a minute.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Shamaniski#1367 It would be fun to play with some ats peeps. I'm a newb I barely played diablo 2 on my friends PC but I'm loving D3 so far.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have about 20 hours of play time in, its great so far!

And its very fun playing with friends. They did an excellent job with the multiplayer.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Having an absolute blast playing this multiplayer.

Add me ATS'ers!

[email protected]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join