It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye of Horus is actually an early math system?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by artistpoet

I'm pretty sure all the present life forms here on earth didn't originate here. I think somehow or other that the theory of evolution is severely flawed. Although evolution does exist, I don't think the details of the present theory is anything close to relevant. There could have been structured extraterrestrial intervention also but probabilities are just less. I just need to see more evidence. I wish an alien would pick me up and take me for a little ride without destroying my recollection of the event. Then I'd be able to have some sort of answer. As long as they don't pick me up for dinner as the main course.

I tend to think the same also - I do not buy into Darwinism as explaining how Humanity came into being.
I believe that Intelligence permeates the Universe and the Universe is a manifestation of Higher Intelligence of which we are a part.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I didn't think Thoth was a trickster as Hermie was. I know Apollo's son took money for healing someone and Zues killed him for that. Apollo was said to have given his healing powers to his son who abused them. If medicine was the true medicine why aren't they using Apollo's sign instead of his sons who was given his staff from the trickster. Sounds a little fishy to me, being I quit pre-med because I didn't like when the instructor said something like "We have to try to get people to come back over and over because the reason we are in this is to get rich". Everyone was cheering and I never went back to that class. Within a month I dropped out of college because all the classes I tested out of and the ones I took wouldn't transfer to EE. I wasn't going to join in a profession like that even though I could have had all my medical school paid for by connections I had. I couldn't have that pounded into my head for another six or so years without it making me into something I didn't want to be. Maybe some doctors have evaded the corrupt philosophy but I didn't even want to try.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I didn't think Thoth was a trickster as Hermie was. I know Apollo's son took money for healing someone and Zues killed him for that. Apollo was said to have given his healing powers to his son who abused them. If medicine was the true medicine why aren't they using Apollo's sign instead of his sons who was given his staff from the trickster. Sounds a little fishy to me, being I quit pre-med because I didn't like when the instructor said something like "We have to try to get people to come back over and over because the reason we are in this is to get rich". Everyone was cheering and I never went back to that class. Within a month I dropped out of college because all the classes I tested out of and the ones I took wouldn't transfer to EE. I wasn't going to join in a profession like that even though I could have had all my medical school paid for by connections I had. I couldn't have that pounded into my head for another six or so years without it making me into something I didn't want to be. Maybe some doctors have evaded the corrupt philosophy but I didn't even want to try.

I admire you for sticking to your principles - so many do not dare to question or challenge what they are taught.
Not sure of the whole Hermes Myth as I have not read a lot about Greek Mythology apart from Psyche and Eros, Demeter and Persephone and a few others.
Mythology is often added to by the next civilization such as Greek. The Greeks went to Egypt to learn though the Egyptians spoke of them as children and their language showy
Yet Egyptian Philosophy was corrupted into religious practices by and for the elite ruling class.
Same old story - We see ancient symbols used by many yet their doctrines or agendas are corrupt so the symbol is also tainted in the Human Psyche.
edit on 17-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join