It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Occupy LA Costs Taxpayers $4.7 Million; Entire Movement Close to $30 Million

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by petrus4

Saying that, however, is very different to saying that Obama necessarily has interest in hijacking it. Being associated with extreme Leftist groups would most likely not be in his best interests.

Sorry,Petrus,but that funny..............................

Made me chuckle too.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Small change for TPTB, doesnt even come close to 1% of the millions they have stolen from the American people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by petrus4

Saying that, however, is very different to saying that Obama necessarily has interest in hijacking it. Being associated with extreme Leftist groups would most likely not be in his best interests.

Sorry,Petrus,but that funny..............................

Well, yes. I'm aware that the Democratic Party are intended to be the nominally Leftist party, but there are many self-identified Communists on this forum who would argue otherwise.

I'm also aware of conservative opinions on the issue; but be aware that if the Republican Party were in power, the same agenda would be proceeding; just in slightly different terms, perhaps. The only real difference between the two parties at this point, is that because the public can still be convinced that the Democrats will at least partly act in their best interests, a Democratic administration makes it easier to manipulate the public. Nobody outside of the Republicans' own base, on the other hand, generally expects them to help anybody. Altruism isn't part of their platform.

Bush was a naked fascist. You could look at him and immediately know what you were getting, and Cheney was worse. Obama, on the other hand, delivers fascism with a smile. His White House will also lie through its' teeth about objecting to legislation which it knows the public does not want, only for us to be told the truth by Alex Jones, later on.

That is the only difference between the two parties. The Democrats engage in public relations. The Republicans don't bother. Either way, however, their agenda is all tyranny, all the time.

That's the part that doesn't change.
edit on 13-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Thank you for clarifying, petrus. You nailed it down wonderfully, imo.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Ah,but Occupy doesn't bring anything to the Table.

Exchange one version of Tyranny,for another ?

If the movement had already an agenda,that its followers didn't know about,or are willingly, not trying to see,then the whole purpose is moot ! Being woken up shouldn't equate to being put back to sleep......with an old song and dance,played on NEW speakers.....

As long as people are not affected,as long as they have their TV'S,Internet,and Starbucks,as long as they continue to see things,Right and Left,as long as there is No leadership,or some Union bought,or Business bought malarkey,those with nefarious agendas.......Getting those in Power out (ALL of them),and instilling true Patriots,The true goal, the Revolution,a peaceful one,will never be attained.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
spam removed by Admin
edit on May 16th 2012 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Didn't we discuss this months ago when the camps were evicted? Did we not also discuss how camps offered to do the work themselves but were not allowed? Didn't we also discuss how cities grossly inflated the costs of reseeding grass etc? Did we not discuss that the ridiculously huge police presence was unwarranted? I wonder if cities are now factoring in court costs and estimated lawsuit payouts, if not oh boy! is that number going to skyrocket.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

And that makes me wonder how much all the contractors, lawyers, accountants and the like made extra money.

Like they say, take the good with the bad !

But then again, look at all the extra tax money they paid.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Indeed, hired thugs don't come cheap.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It's the government costing tax payers, not occupy. There wouldn't need to be so many police if the police didn't antagonize the occupy movement. The police harass protesters, so the protestors get angry or fight back.. which requires more police.. and it builds. There was no significant violence or destruction of property until the police got aggressive.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I wish the MSM and gov't would put out costs for wars and such, just so we can compare numbers.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
how much will it cost to sit around and let the banks rape us over and over and over an over ?

the bail out for the "too big to fail" banks was a staggering $7 TRLLION dollars

30 million is change in the sofa

in one day, the fed loaned out 1 trillion dollars. ONE DAY !!!!!! december 5th, 2008

the profit made from the bailouts just that year was about 13 billion

send the bill to the banks !!!!!!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

oh the irony,
THE BILL FOR "PROCESSING" THAT 7 TRILLION TO THE TBTF BANKS IS IN THE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS.

you are so disingenuous trying to make out like "how dare they use their rights" look how much it cost us
really?

what about the 7 trillion given to the banks for them to get bigger?
i dont here you hating on the banks

you dont talk about the legislators of states investigating how if this money was given to state banks instead of federal banks people would not be suffering.

how about the fact that 18 states are looking at state banks, that HELP their state,
that pay devidends to the people instead of to private interests.

with 4.7 MILLION dollars of wall street prosecutions, there would be alot of the bailout money coming back.

with 30 million dollars we could thousands of investigators who prosicute wall street criminals,
NOT PROTECT THEM

i have been trying to be patient with you but you are simply either distorting facts for your own ajenda,
or need to get over your stockholm syndrome.

what has OCCUPY done?
it has educated many many many people to how the scam works,
it has inspired states to investigate "state banks" to protect people from the TBTF banks

what have you done but disinfo?

xploder

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I do admire how any situation, any factor and any story can be spun to become the fault of anyone but Occupy and the record for doing that is 100%. Unbroken.

Occupy has hundreds of criminal arrests INSIDE THE CAMPS? Oh, those aren't Occupy people.. really..they were just hanging around and (shrug) what can ya do??

Occupy had running, nightly fighting with the cops in several cities....but NONE in MOST. Do we look to the camps that choose to align with violent protest? Naww.. It's the cops! Thats the evil dooer! Never mind tha Nashville was surrounded by DHS and State Police teams on the last 2 raids they took...and not a incident of Violence. I'll bet I'm not the ONLY one to remember and respect Nashville, Orlando and Richmond (To name a few) for that. Oh, but it's still the cops to blame. Never Occupy.

Yes, everyone did discuss this way back. I'd love to see again where Occupy OFFERED to work, what the work was, and whether it was under their terms and conditions or just offering themselves as employees like everyone else does? I don't recall that precisely. I do recall the scene of nose to nose confrontation I watched from start to finish at the BofA eviction in L.A. and then the main camp eviction that followed. They weren't the fighting crew on the level or Portland and Seattle at the end of their time, but the numbers and menace on display surely had the LAPD more than a little SCARED...not simply cautious. I noted that, back then, as you could SEE it in their faces.

So... Yeah, it's ground covered before, but some of us have radically different memories of where the ground led to on those discussions. There sure wasn't any consensus that this was all fine or an issue put behind us, as you might tend to suggest there. Nowhere close, as I recall the order of events last Fall-into deep Winter.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As a tax paying citizen of California, i would rather my money be spent on OWS then supporting illegal immigration.

Thanks,
Have a nice day.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Now people can't protest because it costs money? God forbid they use their constitutional rights.

No one complains about the cost of a parade or country fair but they'll complain about protests. Silly humans.

No one complains over banker bailouts or corporate welfare but they'll complain about OWS. Silly Americans.

edit on 13-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

That would sum up in that short message why I now live in Missouri and not California. Too many out there actually would be happy to see this element just run wild, playing protest and trying to recreate the 60's with a modern version of a Commune. (Hippies out there must cringe at the comparison..lol)

The problem is, OWS isn't looking to change California, or New York. I'd be happy to watch them throw themselves into the machine and be ground up by it if that was all they were going for. It isn't though and the WHOLE NATION absolutely is NOT the 99% they'd like to believe they represent. There is an enormous ...(psst... majority by far) who don't want anything to DO with their idea of a solution. Yet, they don't care. Our rights or beliefs are secondary and we will support them or else.

Just ask a dedicated Occupy member what should be done with those who would obstruct them and prevent them from reaching their goals. An HONEST answer to that will curl people's toes.....or just watch Livestream feeds on an active night for OWS. You won't have to ask at all. They're all about saying such things nonstop, across their OWN chat rooms.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Weather their intentions represent my beliefs or not i don't care. What i do care about is although they do not represent what the average American family wants for their children and themselves, the average American family cannot afford and is not willing to sacrifice what it takes to get what we deserve.

Offer us a better solution and i will support that. Untill then OWS it is....

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The OP hates the US constitution.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So many brainwashed and programed people who just refuse to see what is really going on. At first I was angry and frustrated at it all, but now it just saddens me...but alas es como es and these are the choices that they have made and so be it. For those that can see..be a lighthouse and not a lifeguard. PEACE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join