It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bush being religous..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Does that bother anyone else? I have no problem with religon and have actually found god recently and it has impacted my life so much..

with that said.. I still have some problems with George W Bush being so religous and using or mentioning it so often and sometimes including it in his speeches.. Does anyone else find this scary or disturbing?

When we have a president that believes he is somewhat a messanger from god sent to be one day president and help the Middle East become liberated.. that's borderline crazy and borderline "HOLY WAR" material.

Give me your opinions and comments.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Actually Eddie, I was thinking this morning about a quote from the Bible and how it relates to George Bush and his war.

Bush states that he is a Christian. He has even said that God speaks to him.
But which god ?

And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them ...
And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Matthew 18

Now, lets see ... What did Bush do ?

He sent out his troops into Iraq, resulting in the deaths of little children.

Remember, you can't serve God and Halliburton. Bush has made his choice and children have died for it. Dubya believes that if the price is right, anyone can be bought. 'So what if some kids end up as collateral damage - we're talking about Corporate profits here !!!'

I ask again - which God speaks to him ?
And which God does he worship ?
I doubt it's Christ.

But to return to the biblical quote - All I could think of when I read it was this:

The earth is a wasteland. Humanity is gone - wiped off the face of the world. Bush's disembodied spirit looks up, waiting for Jesus to call him to Heaven. But the price is definitely wrong and instead of the voice of Christ, Bush hears a doom-laden command from the depths of Hell: "George Bush - Come on down !"

join